Rashaun Woods ran a 4.45 40/USC's Williams will enter NFL draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashaun Woods ran a 4.45 40/USC's Williams will enter NFL draft

If I'm the first person you've seen do so, then you haven't seen many people.

Evans is faster, is a legitimate deep threat in the NFL, runs crisper routes, gets out of his breaks quicker, gets better seperation.

The Woods seperation issue isn't crap at all. It's a legitimate question mark that he can achieve necessary seperation in the NFL. It's been one of the key factors since the end of the season with Woods and the scouts in the evaluation process.

I'm taking nothing away from Woods - I think he's a great player and would be very happy if we drafted him. I have him a hair's breath below Evans. I'm more than happy for you to have him rated higher - isn't that the beauty of the draft - that we all have differing opinions???

Originally posted by Boomer

Evans is faster, is a legitimate deep threat in the NFL, runs crisper routes, gets out of his breaks quicker, gets better seperation.

The Woods seperation issue isn't crap at all. It's a legitimate question mark that he can achieve necessary seperation in the NFL. It's been one of the key factors since the end of the season with Woods and the scouts in the evaluation process.

I'm taking nothing away from Woods - I think he's a great player and would be very happy if we drafted him. I have him a hair's breath below Evans. I'm more than happy for you to have him rated higher - isn't that the beauty of the draft - that we all have differing opinions???

Evans also has the repor (sp) with CC. That could mean he has more value for us than others. They could motivate each other to improve every game and CC could help Evans become a big game player faster. Agreed I would be happy with any of the top 5 but evans has an added advantage to us.

As Dreadlock says, Evans and Chambers do have the rapport as they are both ex-Badgers. They are also very close friends.

Let's see, there's Mel Kiper, Gil Brandt, TFY Insiders, PFW, & GBN. Those are people & sites that have people there. Even of fan sites you're the only one.

Woods is the best route runner in the draft other than maybe Fitzgerald according to the other Boomer of USA Today's draft site. I haven't seen anyone use the adjectives great, terrific, superb, or the best with Evans route running as they have with Woods. The only thing Evans seems to have on Evans is .15 faster in the 40.

He seemed to have showed scouts enough at the combine to be labeled the most impressive performance there. His superb route running & speed will get him the necessary seperation in the pros.

I'm more than happy for you to have him rated higher - isn't that the beauty of the draft - that we all have differing opinions???

Yep :D

i'd love to get pretty much any of the WRs listed here, but Woods and Reggie Williams would be my preferences. Williams seems to be more athletic (im not sure about faster though, they're probably about on par there) but I've heard he has TO-like attitude issues...and I'm afraid a player like that would walk all over Wanny. Woods looks to be a great route runner and one of those people that always seems to be able to get it done without stunning physical abilites (ex, Tom Brady). If we got either one of these guys to team with Chambers, Feely and hopefully a re-vamped offensive line, next season could end up being a very, very good one.

As Dreadlock says, Evans and Chambers do have the rapport as they are both ex-Badgers. They are also very close friends.

Not only ex-Badgers, they also went to high school together here in OHIO. Evans was one of the top 3 players in college football before his knee injury, and it looks as if he is fully recovered. Lee Evans seriously looks up to Chambers and I'm sure Chambers is pushing to get him here (maybe give us a better contract if we draft your boy CC). This could create a real fun competitive atmosphere reuniting these two stud WRs.

I don't understand why NO ONE has faith in M Jenkins. He is BIG, strong, fast (legit sub 4.5 here at OSU), solid route runner, has great hands, is smart, and is probably one of the most UNSELFISH team players I have ever seen in my entire life!!!!

**** On a side note, Drew Carter (a lesser known Buckeye injured this past year would be a great late round sleeper). He is another big receiver, and he runs a 4.28 40 time. I know this seems too good to be true, but it is legit. My best friend runs a sub 4.4 40 and can't keep up with him. Another friend, Gary Berry (ex-Buckeye DB), says he is the fastest guy he has ever seen.

Reggie Williams came to the combine, "doughy", out of shape, and with a bad attitude.

I have it:
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Mike Williams
3. Roy Williams
4. Michael Jenkins
5. Lee Evans
6. Reggie Williams
7. Rashaun Woods
8. Michael Clayton

Just my preferences.
I also covet Jake Grove if we lose OGUN.

1-Mike Williams
2-Larry Fitzgerald
3-Roy Williams
4-Reggie Williams
5-Rashaun Woods
6-Michael Jenkins
7-Lee Evans
8-Michael Clayton
9-Devery Henderson
10-Devard Darling
11-Keary Colbert
12-Derrick Hamilton

I'm not going to knock Reggie Williams down any just because he didn't work out. If that were the case then people should also knock down Fitzgerald, the other two Williams, etc... & the top WR would be Woods followed by Evans.

I like Reggie Williams better than Roy Willaims, but not as much Mike Williams or Larry Fitzgerald.

Originally posted by SMadison29
1-Mike Williams
2-Larry Fitzgerald
3-Roy Williams
4-Reggie Williams
5-Rashaun Woods
6-Michael Jenkins
7-Lee Evans
8-Michael Clayton
9-Devery Henderson
10-Devard Darling
11-Keary Colbert
12-Derrick Hamilton

I'm not going to knock Reggie Williams down any just because he didn't work out. If that were the case then people should also knock down Fitzgerald, the other two Williams, etc... & the top WR would be Woods followed by Evans.

I didn't discount him because of that.
I just prefer the Big Ten boys (being a little more familiar with them). The Buckeyes crushed Washington to open the season and Reggie Williams was shut down until late mop up prevent defense duty. Gamble blanketed him most of the game. I think Jenkins is SOOO under-rated. He has such a good head on his shoulders. Plus, I've met him several times, so I'm obviously going to want him on our team. He is just such a humble person it's hard not to think he will definitely succeed. All of the guys on the team say he works EXTREMELY hard as well. Tim Anderson probably has the best work ethic on the Bucks followed by Jenkins. Believe me SMadison he will give it 110%. He was just VERY, VERY underutilized here. It made me sick week in and week out to watch my Buckeyes and Dolphins BOTH run on first down 95% of the time instead of using our other weapons and mixing things up. Jenkins is a definite baller!!!!

I think everybody is forgetting about Roy Williams I really do. I still think he is a damn good WR. I mean he's got it all plus great hands too.

Rashaun Woods is the typical Miami pick. Great college production, good work ethic, great character, and injury-free.

Miami can't match the Ogun offer from Seattle, Miami drafts Vince Wilfork at #20 and Rashaun Woods at #23..

Thats my prediction.

Originally posted by Jaj
I think everybody is forgetting about Roy Williams I really do. I still think he is a damn good WR. I mean he's got it all plus great hands too.

Hey jaj, what's up!!!!
Where you been hiding???

Back
Top Bottom