Rashod Bateman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashod Bateman

LOL, I know. I would much rather we roll with Tua...but that rabbit hole I layed out is the only way I'd trade for Watson.

Here's my perfect offseason.

For our own, if you aren't going to be here possibly in 1-2 years, it's probably goodbye. This means; Hurns, Wilson, Grant, Fejedelem, Deiter, Laird, and Rowe are getting a real close look.
Free Agency:
Sign Linsley and Samuel.

Draft:
Trade back and draft Chase with 1a
Grab Parsons or Collins with 1b
2a Williams at RB
2B best WR available.
2C (from trading down) best front 7defensive player available for our scheme
3a give me some cornfed
Will #36 be too high for Williams (RB)? Seems high for him...feels like he could be had at 50.

Also feels like 18 is too high for Collins?

This guy will end up being the best receiver in the draft. Hard to tell from YouTube videos because everyone looks great, but when you look at the size, speed and acceleration, high point catch ability, route running, and character he may be the best. I think he's going to test well at pro day. We will be lucky to get him at 18. If he runs a sub 4.4, he goes #1 (for WRs). Calling it

I've watched him play a ton two years ago. Last year was pretty much a wasted season for him. For me, it's Chase and then Bateman as top WR draft prospects. Those are the two wr's that i feel you won't have to scheme to get open releases off the LOS and will have the longest tenured NFL careers. Beating off man zone with a free release from coming in motion isn't going to be a weekly thing anymore for these kids.

Will #36 be too high for Williams (RB)? Seems high for him...feels like he could be had at 50.

For Williams I don't think he'll get to 50. He has amazing feet, is a punishing runner and has a ton of tread left on the tires. I just think the draft scouting community is behind on him due to him being in a timeshare. His stock will raise as the draft approaches.

For Collins 18 may be a little high. But I have no problem drafting a kid in the high teens who would probably go in the low to mid-twenties.

All I will say is that it seems that we will have a lot of options to choose from in this draft. If we can get any of the following players, I will be ecstatic:

Sewell
D. Smith
Najee Harris
Travis Etienne
Jamarr Chase
Creed Humphrey
Landon Dickerson
Rashod Bateman
Javonte Willams
Michael Carter
Jarrett Patterson

If we cant upgrade our offense I don t know wtf this front office is doing.

My 2 cents ... at 2 weeks before FA

Really like Bateman also Moore who realistically could be available.

If Linsley or say Andrews gets picked up you can take Dickerson and Humphrey off your list. A Jones or other top shelf RB and Harris and Williams who likely would be gone anyway and wouldn't be as critical.

To much depends on what we do in Free Agency to really make a more realistic choice at this time. In other words it can greatly change the direction we go in the draft in which we may have the ability to even look at other top shelf rookies like say a Pitts or a Farley possibly a Parson, Collins or just another high quality not so much focused on now because we were able to fill the need with a FA.....

Opinions after the FA period should be a heck of a lot more realistic and seriously considered

Free Agency is tied to the Draft in which not only 2 but possibly three Quality guys can be signed, freeing up areas of the draft not so much on our minds at this point. ALERT !!!! calling all FH accountants we have a threat of over spending on isle 3....

We do have min. 3 areas of upgrade OL, WR, RB...and IMO MLB thats 4. But were they get filled is a two pronged move. FA and Draft in which Both are just as critical and both especially FA Unknown.......JMO

Bateman is gonna finish as my WR3 for the class. I have him ahead of Devonta smith.

1) Pitts
2) Chase
3) Bateman
4) Smith
5) Waddle

Smith is a good bet to make me look stupid for having him at 4. However the three ahead of him I have less questions about their transition to the NFL. Smith being 175 pounds, and the fact I doubt he’ll ever see an offense made for him as well as the bama one was. The screen and go/double move scheme they had opened up so many opportunities for smith. I see a fine NFL career coming for the man but I have my doubts he can win in the NFL at a clip that should put him ahead of pitts, chase and Bateman who are all 200lbs+ and really good athletes. Rashod Bateman at 6’2 210and sub 4.4, woof. I love batemans feel for the position.

smith may never see QB play as well as he had in college ever again

My 2 cents ... at 2 weeks before FA

Really like Bateman also Moore who realistically could be available.

If Linsley or say Andrews gets picked up you can take Dickerson and Humphrey off your list. A Jones or other top shelf RB and Harris and Williams who likely would be gone anyway and wouldn't be as critical.

To much depends on what we do in Free Agency to really make a more realistic choice at this time. In other words it can greatly change the direction we go in the draft in which we may have the ability to even look at other top shelf rookies like say a Pitts or a Farley possibly a Parson, Collins or just another high quality not so much focused on now because we were able to fill the need with a FA.....

Opinions after the FA period should be a heck of a lot more realistic and seriously considered

Free Agency is tied to the Draft in which not only 2 but possibly three Quality guys can be signed, freeing up areas of the draft not so much on our minds at this point. ALERT !!!! calling all FH accountants we have a threat of over spending on isle 3....

We do have min. 3 areas of upgrade OL, WR, RB...and IMO MLB thats 4. But were they get filled is a two pronged move. FA and Draft in which Both are just as critical and both especially FA Unknown.......JMO
This. We forget free agency, and its impact, sometimes.

As an example, Miami is said to be interesting in Aaron Jones. While I'd rather fill the running back need in the draft, that would take the position off the table. At least early in the draft.

In other words, that #36 or #50 pick could be used elsewhere.

Dolphins sign Lindsey, the center position is solved. Another early round pick could be dedicated elsewhere.

Reactions: A1.
Personally, I think we could potentially trade back TWICE and still get 2x picks in teens ... which still works for these players ...

would also give us multiple options in rds 2 + 3 .... and additional picks next year.

I don't think Williams will last to 50. I agree 18 might be too high for Collins. maybe if we trade back from 18 he could be in play depending on what we do in free agency.

I like Bateman, showed a 4.37 40 yd dash or something which was impressive for a big dude. I think if the other big three were off the board he would be a possibility.

All those numbers are going to be Inflated this year with no combine and a lot of pro days. No way he runs that fast if this was timed at the NFL combine. Pro day numbers are always inflated and never official.

Bateman won't be there at 18 when all is said and done. He's probably going to go in the very early teens and there's no way in hell he gets past the Patriots at 15. If we want Bateman, we either have to trade back from 3 and take him around pick 8, which is high but I wouldn't be mad... Or trade up from 18 which is probably the better strategy.

1A. Sewell
1B. + pick 50 = Bateman.

I'd be happy as a pig in ****.

Once I saw that 40 time I figured the secret is out and he won’t make it to 18.

Incredible talent that made even Tanner Morgan actually look like a serviceable QB.

Bateman is gonna finish as my WR3 for the class. I have him ahead of Devonta smith.

1) Pitts
2) Chase
3) Bateman
4) Smith
5) Waddle

Smith is a good bet to make me look stupid for having him at 4. However the three ahead of him I have less questions about their transition to the NFL. Smith being 175 pounds, and the fact I doubt he’ll ever see an offense made for him as well as the bama one was. The screen and go/double move scheme they had opened up so many opportunities for smith. I see a fine NFL career coming for the man but I have my doubts he can win in the NFL at a clip that should put him ahead of pitts, chase and Bateman who are all 200lbs+ and really good athletes. Rashod Bateman at 6’2 210and sub 4.4, woof. I love batemans feel for the position.

smith may never see QB play as well as he had in college ever again
Great post IMO. And I agree with your rankings mostly. And --- truth is 175 is probably 10lbs generous!

I think there's a very good chance (after hands on eval and serious investigation) Smith falls out of R1 and

might slide pretty far in R2. I know that's a low % bet. And some team will probably ignore the flags

and just grab the "brand name." But I'd not look at him until around pick 50. He's just way too bony.

Pitts distinguishes himself based on his freaky package. And he's got more upside (room to grow

physically and mentally in the game) than the others. IMO. Chase is the easy pick. Ready made.

Looks like a PROtotype. Waddle = take him ahead of Smith. So for me Smith is #5 at best.

Reactions: A1.
Great post IMO. And I agree with your rankings mostly. And --- truth is 175 is probably 10lbs generous!

I think there's a very good chance (after hands on eval and serious investigation) Smith falls out of R1 and

might slide pretty far in R2. I know that's a low % bet. And some team will probably ignore the flags

and just grab the "brand name." But I'd not look at him until around pick 50. He's just way too bony.

Pitts distinguishes himself based on his freaky package. And he's got more upside (room to grow

physically and mentally in the game) than the others. IMO. Chase is the easy pick. Ready made.

Looks like a PROtotype. Waddle = take him ahead of Smith. So for me Smith is #5 at best.
I think chase has a lot of room to grow even. He’s got some technical issues that need cleaned up. I’m excited to see him again.

Devonta smith is still plucky, athletic and a murderous route runner. He’ll be a fine pro but the ceilings of the other three are all much higher and I think their built to win in a large variety of ways imo.

I've watched him play a ton two years ago. Last year was pretty much a wasted season for him. For me, it's Chase and then Bateman as top WR draft prospects. Those are the two wr's that i feel you won't have to scheme to get open releases off the LOS and will have the longest tenured NFL careers. Beating off man zone with a free release from coming in motion isn't going to be a weekly thing anymore for these kids.

Wait, is this in reference to Smith?

Back
Top Bottom