Rashod Bateman | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashod Bateman

Bateman is gonna finish as my WR3 for the class. I have him ahead of Devonta smith.

1) Pitts
2) Chase
3) Bateman
4) Smith
5) Waddle

Smith is a good bet to make me look stupid for having him at 4. However the three ahead of him I have less questions about their transition to the NFL. Smith being 175 pounds, and the fact I doubt he’ll ever see an offense made for him as well as the bama one was. The screen and go/double move scheme they had opened up so many opportunities for smith. I see a fine NFL career coming for the man but I have my doubts he can win in the NFL at a clip that should put him ahead of pitts, chase and Bateman who are all 200lbs+ and really good athletes. Rashod Bateman at 6’2 210and sub 4.4, woof. I love batemans feel for the position.

smith may never see QB play as well as he had in college ever again
Your list is spot on but I have Waddle ahead of Smith he has more value because he can return kicks and a very good route runner.

Last edited:
Reactions: A1.
I think there's a very good chance (after hands on eval and serious investigation) Smith falls out of R1 and

might slide pretty far in R2. I know that's a low % bet. And some team will probably ignore the flags
a video of Smith smoking a bong on draft night wouldn’t stop him from being a first round pick.

Yes we are going to have to trade out of the number 3 pick and get another top 40 pick to grab 4 of these guys. Maybe we can get cute trade back in the early 20s from 18 to grab another 4th round pick too.

Grier has shown a tendancy to trade back to pick out on lost picks in later rounds. Really without that Tunsil trade we would be in pretty weak shape this year with just 5 picks.

Getting back to this draft a wide reciever especially a big guy would be my opinion on what Flores is looking for so a guy like Bateman or Chase appears to make sense. Not sure about the running back position either considering that Flores comes from the Pats system that doesn't use big capital on backs or large backs either. Just look back we got Howard, used a 5th pick on Brieda not a exactly a big back and later last year used another late pick on Williams another type of back that played in like one game for us.

There are 3 top backs with Harris, Williams and the Clemson kid of which most likely 1 or all 3 will be available with our first second round pick. So say we grab that reciever in the first pick then we have the opportunity for another defensive guy or offensive line guy in the first.

I agree about Bateman but man, don't say Smith didn't get attention. They all tried to jam him at the line but couldn't get a finger on him.
In the NFL they would get on him. This ain’t college.

Nah, this is more a reference to those those 3nd tier receivers such as Toney and Moore.

With Slim Reaper my reservations come with the fact that I don’t think there is much room for improvement, both size and route wise. Due to his stature he had to perfect everything in college. What you see is what you get. That may have drastic consequences once he goes against better/stronger NFL competition.

With Chase & Bateman I see more room for improvement on their route precision. When you add their physicality, IMO they have a higher upside than Smith.

Reactions: A1.
I'd take him at 18.......after taking Smith/Chase/Waddle in the top 10 (3 or trade down).

If we wait until round 2 to draft an additional receiver, then Elijah Moore is the guy who I really like.

I'd take him at 18.......after taking Smith/Chase/Waddle in the top 10 (3 or trade down).

If we wait until round 2 to draft an additional receiver, then Elijah Moore is the guy who I really like.
I like Moore a lot as well. Miami needs both a flanker (#1 receiver) and a slot guy IMHO.

Great post IMO. And I agree with your rankings mostly. And --- truth is 175 is probably 10lbs generous!

I think there's a very good chance (after hands on eval and serious investigation) Smith falls out of R1 and

might slide pretty far in R2. I know that's a low % bet. And some team will probably ignore the flags

and just grab the "brand name." But I'd not look at him until around pick 50. He's just way too bony.

Pitts distinguishes himself based on his freaky package. And he's got more upside (room to grow

physically and mentally in the game) than the others. IMO. Chase is the easy pick. Ready made.

Looks like a PROtotype. Waddle = take him ahead of Smith. So for me Smith is #5 at best.
:lmfao:

I say double up on wr the first round. #6 7 or 8 on Chase or Waddle. 18 on Bateman.

Back
Top Bottom