Ray Farmer, Browns new GM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Farmer, Browns new GM

Well it looks like the Cleveland FO and ownership is a hell of a lot more confusing than the Dolphins FO and ownership, so we know his excuse for not interviewing a 2nd time was BS.

Obviously, Farmer had a secret, handshake agreement with Haslam when he turned down the second interview with the Dolphins which lead to another round of inaccurate reporting and more unnecessary piling on the Fins for their so called dysfunctional, confusing structure.

Obviously, Farmer had a secret, handshake agreement with Haslam when he turned down the second interview with the Dolphins which lead to another round of inaccurate reporting and more unnecessary piling on the Fins for their so called dysfunctional, confusing structure.

Yep, seemed really odd that he complained about being unsure of how the power structure works in the FO, yet declined a 2nd interview where he could get clarification on the alleged power structure. He likely knew what was going on in Cleveland prior to the 2nd round of interviews in Miami. But hey, it gave people here a new excuse to bitch for a few weeks, so no harm done.

Woah!! - This should be pretty interesting. Farmer was thought to be relatively inexperienced in evaluating college players and ultimately backed out of the Dolphin second interview. The Browns also appointed Kyle Shanahan as OC the other day. Time will tell how well Hickey and Lazor perform in their jobs, but the comparative performance of the teams will be there for everyone to see. Jimmy Haslem and Stephen Ross should have an interesting chat some day.
I'm comfortable with the guys we appointed but this is all about making the right appointments. Time will tell.

Wrong it was clearly an out of control locker room and massive dysfunction with in the organization...it is surprising hasn't be reduced to a state of anarchy....

or it could be like you siad when the Dolphin interviewed him the Browns made him a deal to keep him in Cleveland....

He was on my list of "don't wants" (along with Hickey.. hope I'm wrong, and Dawson), but obviously, like Harbaugh and Coach Mediocre, he played Ross for leverage and the potential of a counter-offer... as #azzwipeRyanClark did Ireland. **** him.. Harbaugh is the onlly true loss.

I wonder if he first consulted with the Fritz Pollard Alliance before accepting the job. I mean he runs to them for permission to wipe his own ass.

He has more security in Cleveland to be fair.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I did not know Banner and Lombardi were out. LOL. Wow.

Lombardi was such a know it all on the radio the last few years. I guess it is not that easy. I hope he is not back on NFLN.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, their owner could fire him at any minute.

Ian Rapoport just said that new head coach Mike Pettine could be on shaky ground because Farmer wasn't included in the interviewing process. The Browns let Lombardi hire the new coach and then fired him, and the rumor that is circulating is that it was because he couldn't find a good coach and had to settle for Pettine. Talk about a vote of confidence for Pettine from ownership. A couple of weeks on the job and there is talk you could get fired.

As I said in the other thread, I am patiently waiting for the "Browns in disarray" article from LaCanfora.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I did not know Banner and Lombardi were out. LOL. Wow.

Lombardi was such a know it all on the radio the last few years. I guess it is not that easy. I hope he is not back on NFLN.

Be sure to tell that to Chud

Back
Top Bottom