Ray Farmer, Browns new GM | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Farmer, Browns new GM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...reg-schiano-meeting-led-to-rift-within-browns

It has been widely reported that the three candidates to replace Chudzinski turned down the Browns over concerns about the Haslam-Banner-Lombardi front-office dynamic. Per King, new Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt bowed out of the Browns' most recent search after being insulted by Banner during the interview process.

Although no details are known, Cabot has been told that new Texans coach Bill O'Brien didn't want to coach in Cleveland "because of either Banner, Lombardi or both."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...s-reportedly-wanted-bill-parcells-to-run-team

Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reported Wednesday that team owner Jimmy Haslam, at one point, spoke to Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells about running Cleveland's football operations, according to multiple sources.

:hump:

Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman reported Wednesday that team owner Jimmy Haslam, at one point, spoke to Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells about running Cleveland's football operations, according to multiple sources.

That's funny in general.. and wonder how the RancidT would feel about taking meeting with his boss during visiting hours at "The Big House" ??

this is the comment i just posted to the Parcells Czar PFT article. Wonder if those ******* will keep it up longer than the reality I dispensed yesterday when I called out Pinkel, the bad role model drunk driver for calling out the Fins. That was gone quickly :idk:

What a joke – if you’re putting Parcells in charge of a team, you better hope a healthy Pennington falls in your lap – or else look out! If you want Jeff Ireland as your GM, Tony Sparano as your HC, Henning and Pasquoloni as your coordinators.. or their types, then Parcells is the right guy for you. Just wonder if he took the job whether he’d end up taking meetings with his boss during supervised visiting hours with guards watching. On the upside, while the Fins are still digging out from Parcells’ “franchise-building” the Browns at this point don’t have much further to dig “in” before hitting rock bottom.

Holmgren “stunned” by Browns changes, for some reason

Former Browns president Mike Holmgren’s been there, but he still said he was “stunned” by the recent changes in Cleveland.

“I think it is particularly in free agency and things like that and also attracting a coach,” Holmgren said, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Look at how long it took them to hire a coach. You can listen to the people saying, ‘Well we were taking our time, we wanted to get the right guy and da da da da da’ but the fact of the matter is I think guys honestly were nervous about going in there given the management structure and so on and so forth.

“I don’t know that but that is how I feel and that’s how I think. That’s hard to overcome.”

Holmgren defended his time there under owner Randy Lerner by saying so many of the people he hired (such as Tom Heckert) have gone on to good job with stable teams.

“I’m stunned because in this business, it’s not like other businesses,” Holmgren said. “A lot of the owners who are friends of mine, I know, who I was involved with when I was acting as Randy Lerner’s surrogate at the owners meetings often, they’re billionaires in the oil business. They’re billionaires in cable television or whatever it is. But the football business I always thought it was kind of unique and while they could certainly afford to do this – and not many people can – to actually run the business part of it, to run the football business, I think it takes – you have to be trained to do that I think.

“When I tried to explain these types of things to him and how good the people were that were in place, once he hired Joe Banner then Joe came in and let everyone go. Continuity in an organization is so important. You have to weather the storm with a couple of tough years if you have good people. But they have never done that in Cleveland. Every two years they blow everything up and blam off you go.”

New owner Jimmy Haslam’s not shown any indication he’s going to show any more patience, however, which would just continue the ugly cycle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/13/holmgren-stunned-by-browns-changes-for-some-reason/

Back
Top Bottom