Ray Lewis In Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Lewis In Miami?

Should Miami Trade A First Rounder For Ray Lewis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
big0mar said:
youd have to be crazy not to take one of the greatest players of all time. even for a first round pick. whoever you pick, you hope hes half as great as ray lewis.

you might be exaggerating there alittle bit. lewis is not one of the greatest players of all time. he is a good player but nowhere near that good.

that would be a crazy lb core though with lewis thomas and crowder

motioncityhifi said:
you might be exaggerating there alittle bit. lewis is not one of the greatest players of all time. he is a good player but nowhere near that good.

only linebacker i can think of better than Lewis is Lawrence Taylor. Everyone talks about 'building through the draft', but with so much parity in the NFL, you cant realistically believe you will be able to keep more than 2-3 players for the span of their career at a time.

shouright said:
Not for our 1st.

If I'm building a team from scratch I want him first and Brett Favre second (yes, even at this stage of Favre's career), but he doesn't fit into our short- and long-term plans well enough right now for us to give up our 1st for him.

uhhhhh....so if you were building a team from scratch and could have any linebacker and QB in the league you would take Favre and Lewis.???? Would you like to be in our Fantasy League next year? It is only a $20.00 buy in, but you have to promise to pick those two guys with your first two picks.

you have GOT to be kidding me. a first round pick for ray lewis! why wouldnt we just sign lavar arrington. he's younger and has the potential to be just as talented, but he wont come with a first round price tag. the dolphins would never even consider this so it really isnt worth much conversation. especially with zach thomas and the emergance of channing crowder on this squad.

I would get tired of him always yapping on the sidelines. His pep talk antics are a big reason his welcome is beginin to wear out in Balt.

I have to admit i wouldnt disagree with it if it happens. That would be so cool. But i also must agree we need to build for the future, but wouldnt we rather a superbowl this year? IMO i wouldnt mind it but i think either way is fine. Honestly that would be really really cool thought

clear.gif

Saban4prez said:
im sorry, but if you vote yes on this you are honestly one of the stupidest fans a live...

I don't like to be too controversial or abraisive on these boards, because people are entitled to thier opinion...but what the hell is everyone smoking??? We're talking about Ray Lewis, someone who will be remembered for revolutionizing his position, and he still has alot of game left in him...more than Zack anyway. You would rather a Cromartie or Winston Justice or Chad Greenway or whoever the speculation states...than Ray Lewis? These guys could all easily be busts, like Couch or Fletcher or Leaf....the list goes on and on. These boards must be bored and over-hyped for the draft. We're talking about one of the best middle linebackers ever. Don't even try to say he's not. You don't know a thing about the game if you think he's just "very good".

big0mar said:
only linebacker i can think of better than Lewis is Lawrence Taylor. Everyone talks about 'building through the draft', but with so much parity in the NFL, you cant realistically believe you will be able to keep more than 2-3 players for the span of their career at a time.

lets see linebackers that are better than lewis......mike singeltary. dick butkus. jack ham. jack lambert. just to cover a few names.

motioncityhifi said:
lets see linebackers that are better than lewis......mike singeltary. dick butkus. jack ham. jack lambert. just to cover a few names.

i respectfully disagree with everyone of the names you mentioned. but theres really no point in arguing.

Don't trade a first round pick for Ray Lewis. He is one of the best to ever play the position but he's not the same player that he used to be. Age and injuries have taken it's toll on him. He's going to probably play another 3-4 maybe even 5 years but he's not going to be the player that he used to be. He would fit well with a team that runs the system that we used to run when Wanny was here. He benefits mostly from two bigger D linemen to keep the blocks of him.

MDFinFan06 said:
I have to admit i wouldnt disagree with it if it happens. That would be so cool. But i also must agree we need to build for the future, but wouldnt we rather a superbowl this year? IMO i wouldnt mind it but i think either way is fine. Honestly that would be really really cool thought

OK so you are seriously telling me you would give up our first for an aging, undersized, MLB who wouldnt solve any of our problems, and would bench an awesome promise like Crowder? Man I would hate Saban and ask for Wanny back if he pulled such a dumb move, Lewis isnt worth anymore than a 3rd rounder, and any ways I wouldnt take him even if he was a FA.

NickV13 said:
uhhhhh....so if you were building a team from scratch and could have any linebacker and QB in the league you would take Favre and Lewis.???? Would you like to be in our Fantasy League next year? It is only a $20.00 buy in, but you have to promise to pick those two guys with your first two picks.
I'm not playing fantasy football pal -- I'm playing real football with real people, and Favre and Lewis are quite possibly the best leaders (AND players, arguably) of all time on both sides of the ball. Favre has carried his team to Super Bowl victories and so has Lewis. And isn't that what it's all about?

didnt lewis resign with baltimore along with jamal lewis?

Back
Top Bottom