Ray Rice>Jonas Gray | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Rice>Jonas Gray

Do we really want to get in a bidding war with all the other teams clamoring to sign him?

He was on a 2 year demise before he left football....our O-line needs someone that can get something after being hit, because they are going to get hit. That is not was Rice does.

I don't understand why I'm being negatively prepped when all I'm trying to do is offer possible solutions to this nonexsistant running game. Everybody who's saying no keeps bringing up the DV thing and not answering whether he can help this team or not.

besides bringing in media and some of the worst off field issues lately from players in the NFL, you are bringing in a guy who hasnt touched the field in a long time, who is also coming off some quite poor seasons and completely has been on the decline.

Ill stick with Gray who at least is still working to work up and prove himself in his younger years. Ajayi will be back mid season too!!!

I would rather sign Moreno again after he is healthy than Rice!

Think the problem stems more from the OL and not necessarily us needing a better RB. They have not shown as of yet including preseason games that they are capable at running the football.

Was of concern in my mind from the beginning considering all the uncertainty, constant adjustment, injury's, and just out right amount of playing time our thrown together at the list minute OL had to gell... Don't think even a AP would make a significant difference....

I don't understand why I'm being negatively prepped when all I'm trying to do is offer possible solutions to this nonexsistant running game. Everybody who's saying no keeps bringing up the DV thing and not answering whether he can help this team or not.

Ray Rice isn't even remotely offering a possible solution. The issue isn't the running back...Lamar Miller has a career average of 4.6 ypc before this season...the problem is the O-line. Take away Tannehill's rushes and Landry's rushes and we've got 26 carries for 72 yards in two games...2.8 ypc. Miller didn't just forget how to run the ball. Offering up player names that don't address the real problem isn't offering possible solutions. You're just another guy who thinks naming some star player (a has been at that) is how you fix the problem.

If our season needs to be salvaged by a guy like Ray Rice, then we're in deeper **** than I thought.

Not true at all.

I specifically mentioned why I wouldn't bring him in...he's out of ****ing gas...

Running backs aren't the problem. It's the lack of dedication to the running game in the play calling and the coaches who refuse to put talent on the OL to allow the talent around the OL to shine.

People who thought Evan Mathis was too expensive to sign missed the bigger point. Evan Mathis was representative of this organization's neglect at fixing the OL. It doesn't matter about Mathis' age, position or price. He was symbolic of the the bigger systemic problem.

Let's look at last year's D vs. this year's D with Suh. Any improvement?

Can anyone argue we would have gotten worse results without Suh? Even simply subtracting Suh from the current roster and allowing the current rotation to fill in the gap, we wouldn't have missed a beat.

How many quality G's and T's could we have signed with that money?

How much better would our offense have been as a result? Running game improves, passing game improves.... now consider the point difference in the Jags game. Could a better G and better T have changed the outcome?

Anyone in doubt can review the game tape and watch where Dallas Thomas and his assignment finish at the end of each play. Or better yet, would Tannehill have been sacked and fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line with anyone not named Jason Fox manning the LT position?

Suh was supposed to fix the Run D. Has he? Regardless if Coyle is the problem, we could have achieved these results without Suh.

Could this OL have gotten better results with better talent?

Ray Rice? Seriously? Forget about how he could run much better behind this line. FIX THE LINE and FIX THE PROBLEM. This problem has existed since the day Philbin took over. How has he contributed to the solution?

He has a history of wanting to stick with what we have regardless of the end of season results or in-season problems.

Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it.

Listen, I understand that the line is a problem. That's a given... I don't think he's a cure all but I think he gives a dynamic to the team that we currently lack with the possibility of adding even more. Low risk, high reward. And to the dude saying he's out of gas, how the he'll would you know? He's been out of football for a while. Fresh legs, beyond motivated. I'm getting crucified in here for my opinion that Rice can spark the team but I stand by it.

At this point, I'd take that 7 foot, 440 pound 17 year old high school lineman over Ray Rice. At least that would fill a need.

John Krahn

Running backs aren't the problem. It's the lack of dedication to the running game in the play calling and the coaches who refuse to put talent on the OL to allow the talent around the OL to shine.

People who thought Evan Mathis was too expensive to sign missed the bigger point. Evan Mathis was representative of this organization's neglect at fixing the OL. It doesn't matter about Mathis' age, position or price. He was symbolic of the the bigger systemic problem.

Let's look at last year's D vs. this year's D with Suh. Any improvement?

Can anyone argue we would have gotten worse results without Suh? Even simply subtracting Suh from the current roster and allowing the current rotation to fill in the gap, we wouldn't have missed a beat.

How many quality G's and T's could we have signed with that money?

How much better would our offense have been as a result? Running game improves, passing game improves.... now consider the point difference in the Jags game. Could a better G and better T have changed the outcome?

Anyone in doubt can review the game tape and watch where Dallas Thomas and his assignment finish at the end of each play. Or better yet, would Tannehill have been sacked and fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line with anyone not named Jason Fox manning the LT position?

Suh was supposed to fix the Run D. Has he? Regardless if Coyle is the problem, we could have achieved these results without Suh.

Could this OL have gotten better results with better talent?

Ray Rice? Seriously? Forget about how he could run much better behind this line. FIX THE LINE and FIX THE PROBLEM. This problem has existed since the day Philbin took over. How has he contributed to the solution?

He has a history of wanting to stick with what we have regardless of the end of season results or in-season problems.

Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it.

OL problem has been with us since Wannstedt...

Agree OL is problem...

Suh signing to early to judge. Think he'll be a very good signing in the end even though he hasn't shown it so far. Only 2 games...and a questionable coaching staff...

Agree that for some unknown reason the Dolphins organization Is and has been for years dysfunctional at best when it comes to the OL....
should have done more to upgrade the last few months and now they stand there looking surprised like a deer in the headlights with little to no opportunity for upgrade. AND WE ALL SAW IT COMING...............

Back
Top Bottom