RB coach Danny Barrett has been fired | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB coach Danny Barrett has been fired

Well if the new guy aint from the Bears, he must be from..Denver, lol

I fear that by the time Gase finally gets his coaches and players and his offense rolling, other teams will have figured out Gase and his offense. I hope he can get it going (Like he wants) soon.

CK's tweet makes a lot of sense. If Gase can hire Studesville as the RB coach, you have to love the upgrade on that position. We won't be talking about RBs whiffing on blocks anymore.

Pretty pleased to be honest, it appears Gase is remaking the O coaches with who he originally wanted. Can't complain about that, whether Gase sinks or swims he will have the staff he wants so he can't have anyone to blame. I'm betting he will swim.
It's interesting there has been little done on the D side, imo Gase is trusting Burke decide if he wants staff changes on that side, and Burke has said he is happy. Feel a bit less positive on the D side, but happy to let it play out.

Let me get this right
We run the ball the least of all teams in the NFL
The head coach calls ALL offensive plays yet
He fires the OC and Running backs coach

I'm pretty sure we're going to need a bigger bus to throw
future coaches under

View attachment 10607

Here's something interesting about that: In 2016, the Dolphins were 5th in the NFL in rushing percentage. That is to say that Miami ran the ball more than 27 other teams.

It was a weird season. I think a lot of our throwing so much had to do with the fact that we were down so often.

I like the move. If he can upgrade a coach, he should do it. And for those calling for wholesale changes on the defense, I get the feeling that it is coming but not as fast as you would like. There are still 8 teams playing and there are probably more coaching changes coming as coordinators from some of those teams get head coaching jobs and then put their staffs together. The domino effect will free up some quality coaches that hopefully will want to work with Gase and improve the overall football IQ of the staff. I am not a "the sky is falling" kind of guy...I would rather wait to see what Gase's plan is leading up to the draft and OTA's and then make a judgement of the moves made.

Like someone else said above, players are regularly replaced for someone better so why not coaches?

I know some people wanted him here so
Vic Fangio - DL - Bears
Bears re-signed DC Vic Fangio to a three-year contract.

Fangio interviewed for Chicago's head-coaching vacancy last week but lost out to Chiefs OC Matt Nagy. He was also linked to defensive coordinator openings in Green Bay and Los Angeles (Chargers), but those jobs have since been filled. The Bears' defense was sneaky-good under Fangio this past season, ranking in the top-10 in passing yards allowed (seventh), points allowed (ninth) and total yards (10th). 2018 will be his fourth season in Chicago.

Ozzy rules!!

Who the **** is Studesville? Washburn? Loggains? I know none of these clowns, fire everyone!!!
giphy.gif

It's hard as a fan to really tell what's going on with position coaches, so all I can say is "I hope that the new coach is a good teacher who gets his guys doing what they're supposed to be doing."

But man, is Gase not happy with some of his staff, or is Gase not happy with some of his staff?

Stop making sense, it defeats the purpose of message boards.

I know some people wanted him here so
Vic Fangio - DL - Bears
Bears re-signed DC Vic Fangio to a three-year contract.

Fangio interviewed for Chicago's head-coaching vacancy last week but lost out to Chiefs OC Matt Nagy. He was also linked to defensive coordinator openings in Green Bay and Los Angeles (Chargers), but those jobs have since been filled. The Bears' defense was sneaky-good under Fangio this past season, ranking in the top-10 in passing yards allowed (seventh), points allowed (ninth) and total yards (10th). 2018 will be his fourth season in Chicago.

Ozzy rules!!
I read he was already making 2 million. he must have gotten paid.

I guess people are having angst out of habit. I can't really blame people since this has been a bottom tier franchise in all of professional sports for going on two decades. It takes a toll on the psyche of the fan base.

But, these are fairly obvious and solid moves. Barrett was a college guy from like UCF or something and was undistinguished. C'mon. Same thing with adding Washburn for OL. Our team is full of error prone guys. We need coaches that know how to instill discipline and smarts in our play.

Let's be real. This time next year, you will see a significant improvement in our penalties, mistakes, and dumb play. These moves are going to help make that happen. I'd also expect an uptick in our running game.

I guess people are having angst out of habit. I can't really blame people since this has been a bottom tier franchise in all of professional sports for going on two decades. It takes a toll on the psyche of the fan base.

But, these are fairly obvious and solid moves. Barrett was a college guy from like UCF or something and was undistinguished. C'mon. Same thing with adding Washburn for OL. Our team is full of error prone guys. We need coaches that know how to instill discipline and smarts in our play.

Let's be real. This time next year, you will see a significant improvement in our penalties, mistakes, and dumb play. These moves are going to help make that happen. I'd also expect an uptick in our running game.

We hope to see improvement, you mean? :)

Brother -- that is SO TRUE! And it all starts with ownership.

End of story. Where's the glory?

This time next year, you will see a significant improvement in our penalties, mistakes, and dumb play.

I hope you're tight. But I have serious reservations when factoring in the overall status quo (starting with ownership!

I've no idea about any of these new coaches, but I like the fact that whereas coaches like Mularkey say they are fine with whatever they are doing and will continue to do everything the same way until they get fired (the very next day, in that case), Gase really goes all out to make changes when he's not satisfied. Ajayi, Maxwell, the coaches... I like that kind of drive and courage in him

Back
Top Bottom