RB Jaylen Wright | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

My goodness just smh.

Sending a 2025 3rd rounder for a running back.

We have plenty of speed and what’s it gotten us when it gets cold late in the year?

This is another wasted pick and they continue to ignore huge holes on the OL with a QB who has a severe injury history.

You don’t build football teams from the outside in. You build them from the inside out and MM or Grier or both don’t seem to understand that the OL is very important especially when again… your QB has a severe injury history.

Trading away a future 3rd for a rotational back is just downright stupid. They have been about as bad in this draft as they possibly could.

Patrick Paul may develop and at least he has real tools. But Robinson and then a RB… goodness gracious what a waste.

I trade a future 3rd (especially if I have multiple thirds) for a current 4th every time, if a player I like is sitting there.
Exactly. It also balances our class between this year and next. With two sixth rounders, we have a full set of picks this year now.

We still have four picks to go get a safety, corner, DT and IOL.

I do like the pick.

Also remember even with trading next year's 3rd we're getting 2 comp 3rds
Yeah i get that. I guess what confuses me is the willingness to part with a 2025 3rd for a running back, given the current roster, vs using 2025 capital to trade up for Fautanu in R1 or up in R2 for a guy like Newton, Dejean, or others they may have had a 1st round grade on that slipped bc of the QBs.

Again, i doubt very few fans will dislike the player. Wright is electric and exactly what McD likes. But current RB room, current roster gaps and overall draft value and draft movement is what some may be confused by. I expect some good debates over the next 1-2 years as we see these kids develop.

Love this pick! Just on player's merit alone, fantastic choice! As a Vols fan I saw him a lot, and he is a big playmaker. Can't ignore the speed either and makes guys miss a lot. My nephew even played youth football with him, so this is a fun pick for me. We can argue did we need another back or not, but I can see why McD wants him. Great player.

Yeah i get that. I guess what confuses me is the willingness to part with a 2025 3rd for a running back, given the current roster, vs using 2025 capital to trade up for Fautanu in R1 or up in R2 for a guy like Newton, Dejean, or others they may have had a 1st round grade on that slipped bc of the QBs.

Again, i doubt very few fans will dislike the player. Wright is electric and exactly what McD likes. But current RB room, current roster gaps and overall draft value and draft movement is what some may be confused by. I expect some good debates over the next 1-2 years as we see these kids develop.
This is a nice way of saying… WTF are we doing?

How does he compare to Achane?
That's a good question. He adds the potential to be more consistent inside the tackles if his vision develops. His larger body can withstand contact and also help in pass pro.

Where both can break it outside and create huge gains, wright can become the between the tackles guy to gain tough yards. Both have high ceilings and complement each other well with the subtle differences in their games.

I trade a future 3rd (especially if I have multiple thirds) for a current 4th every time, if a player I like is sitting there.
I f*cking missed it. Went to make myself something to eat and when I came back there was nothing telling me the Dolphins had traded in or who they took. Got a shock when I opened this page.

Back
Top Bottom