RB Jaylen Wright | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

In a vacuum it makes sense.

Mostert is aging with an injury past and had a concerning fumble issues last season.. Achane is smallish and was hurt his rookie season. Wright is a good fit and insurance.

From a higher level, i can see the debate on both sides.
A running back is fine… but you don’t make that pick when you have glaring holes on the OL/DL interior.

You especially don’t trade away a future 3rd regardless whether you have compensatory picks coming or not to draft a d@mn running back.

For the record I wasn’t taking a shot at you… was just saying you said it the nice way.

A running back is fine… but you don’t make that pick when you have glaring holes on the OL/DL interior.

You especially don’t trade away a future 3rd regardless whether you have compensatory picks coming or not to draft a d@mn running back.

For the record I wasn’t taking a shot at you… was just saying you said it the nice way.
Lol, no worries. I didn't take it that way....and even if so, i don't take it personally. It's an opinion board and everyone has their own.

Yeah i get that. I guess what confuses me is the willingness to part with a 2025 3rd for a running back, given the current roster, vs using 2025 capital to trade up for Fautanu in R1 or up in R2 for a guy like Newton, Dejean, or others they may have had a 1st round grade on that slipped bc of the QBs.

Again, i doubt very few fans will dislike the player. Wright is electric and exactly what McD likes. But current RB room, current roster gaps and overall draft value and draft movement is what some may be confused by. I expect some good debates over the next 1-2 years as we see these kids develop.

Team is taking a multi year look in this draft for sure

Back
Top Bottom