RB Jaylen Wright | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

Team is taking a multi year look in this draft for sure
They definitely are. I wasn't expecting it coming into this draft because it felt like they are in win now mode given the void years on so many contracts and the higher paid vets looking like they have 1-2 years (Armstead, Chubb, Reek, Ramsey) left before a significant roster turnover. But each pick definitely speaks to it.

At first I was like wtf we traded up for a RB!

But this kid can ball. Mostert has had an injury riddled career and is 32 years old, Achane has his durability issues….. this guy can easily fill that role right away if necessary. I like it for the future as well. He was my favorite RB in this entire draft but I just wasn’t really looking at RB before 158.

He’s a good pass catching back too, with Achane speed and 210 pounds. More physical. Potential RB1 and only 21 years old. Did not get overworked in college either so that’s always good for RBs who typically have a shorter life span in the NFL.

Mike got himself another home run hitter. Can’t be mad at that.

Why tf are we taking running backs....

McDaniels throws the ball on 3rd and short and 4th and inches......

First pick I don't like. We can't commit to the run.

Because they are cheap and a staple of this offense. A year from now we’ll have Wright and Achane on the cheap for 2 more seasons.

Size/speed is rare.

Achane and Wright can be on the field together.
My goodness just smh.

Sending a 2025 3rd rounder for a running back.

We have plenty of speed and what’s it gotten us when it gets cold late in the year?

This is another wasted pick and they continue to ignore huge holes on the OL with a QB who has a severe injury history.

You don’t build football teams from the outside in. You build them from the inside out and MM or Grier or both don’t seem to understand that the OL is very important especially when again… your QB has a severe injury history.

Trading away a future 3rd for a rotational back is just downright stupid. They have been about as bad in this draft as they possibly could.

Patrick Paul may develop and at least he has real tools. But Robinson and then a RB… goodness gracious what a waste.

You’re way off on a lot of things and it seems you just want to whine about things you don’t know.

Wright isn’t just fast, he’s big and can break through tackles. He’s a well built 210 lbs and then you combine that with absurd athletic ability (4.38 and 38” vert) and a cheap contract in system designed by run game coordinator head coach, you have a prefect RB room.

We needed a healthier Terron Armstead last year, we needed a healthy Jaelen Phillips last year, we needed healthy Bradley Chubb last year, we needed more of a healthy De’Von Achane, we needed a healthy Connor Williams last year, you needed a better corner than Howard last year, we needed a better TE threat than Smythe last year, we needed a better ILB than Jerome Baker, we needed a better pass defending safety last year.

We upgraded or added insurance/depth at everyone of those positions and you’re literally sitting here complaining about getting one of the top RBs in the draft with 120th pick. Who again I might remind you, will be playing for a HC known for his running game acumen.

And your gripe with Chop Robinson is what? That you know more than all the coaches in the big 10, the associated press voters and scouting staff and coaching staff of the Miami Dolphins? And that you think he’s a bust because you googled his stats after he was selected so you could claim to know something?

Trading a 2025 third rounder, when you’ll still have 2 more as well as plenty of other picks is barely relevant. You think the Dolphins were going to add 10 draft picks to the roster next year?

You’re worried about where a RG, backup safety and third WR are going to come from? Pay attention to free agency this week as players signed after Monday no longer count against the compensatory pick formula.

Last edited:
So far, he is the best player Grier has selected in this years draft. Depending on how much they use Mostert next season, Wright could end up getting more playing time than either Robinson or Paul in 2024.

I think Achane and Wright will be 1and 2 by the end of the 2024 season.

Because they are cheap and a staple of this offense. A year from now we’ll have Wright and Achane on the cheap for 2 more seasons.

Size/speed is rare.

Achane and Wright can be on the field together.

You’re way off on a lot of things and it seems you just want to whine about things you don’t know.

Wright isn’t just fast, he’s big and can break through tackles. He’s a well built 210 lbs and then you combine that with absurd athletic ability (4.38 and 38” vert) and a cheap contract in system designed by run game coordinator head coach, you have a prefect RB room.

We needed a healthier Terron Armstead last year, we needed a healthy Jaelen Phillips last year, we needed healthy Bradley Chubb last year, we needed more of a healthy De’Von Achane, we needed a healthy Connor Williams last year, you needed a better corner than Howard last year, we needed a better TE threat than Smythe last year, we needed a better ILB than Jerome Baker, we needed a better pass defending safety last year.

We upgraded or added insurance/depth at everyone of those positions and you’re literally sitting here complaining about getting one of the top RBs in the draft with 120th pick. Who again I might remind you, will be playing for a HC known for his running game acumen.

And your gripe with Chop Robinson is what? That you know more than all the coaches in the big 10, the associated press voters and scouting staff and coaching staff of the Miami Dolphins? And that you think he’s a bust because you googled his stats after he was selected so you could claim to know something?

Trading a 2025 third rounder, when you’ll still have 2 more as well as plenty of other picks is barely relevant. You think the Dolphins were going to add 10 draft picks to the roster next year?

You’re worried about where a RG, backup safety and third WR are going to come from? Pay attention to feee agency this week as players signed after Monday no longer count against the compensatory pick formula.
And you just know the morons that haven’t sniffed a SB in 40 years know it all right?

Bro I’m as big a college football guy as any on this board. Believe me I don’t need to google stats I know how to watch tape.

You need to pay attention bc obviously you’re just a fan boy that doesn’t have n opinion of his own bc you just copy and paste stats and numbers from his google page like you just did.

I’ve forgotten more about this game than you’ll ever know.

I’ve been a fan since the day I was born so who the h*ll are you to question what I know? You don’t know me.

If you don’t like my “b*tching” about a team that hasn’t won a playoff game in 25 years then ignore me an move on.

Yeah i get that. I guess what confuses me is the willingness to part with a 2025 3rd for a running back, given the current roster, vs using 2025 capital to trade up for Fautanu in R1 or up in R2 for a guy like Newton, Dejean, or others they may have had a 1st round grade on that slipped bc of the QBs.

Again, i doubt very few fans will dislike the player. Wright is electric and exactly what McD likes. But current RB room, current roster gaps and overall draft value and draft movement is what some may be confused by. I expect some good debates over the next 1-2 years as we see these kids develop.

Because the teams in front of us may not have wanted to trade with us? We can’t trade because we want to. It takes 2 to tango.

Back
Top Bottom