RB Jaylen Wright | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

if i remember right brooks was being used as a fullback some before he got injured. FB/RB battle this summer is going to be fun to watch, Im really hoping brooks is able to take his game to next level. We need that sledge hammer for short yardage situations.

yeah this draft was all about the 2025 season and replacing Chubbs/Armstead/Mostert.

Was it? Chop Robinson is going to be needed right away. Patrick Paul stands a really good chance of being our starting LT by the end of the season. We also ran short on healthy RBs last year so getting a really talented one at 120 seems logical, especially when Mike McDaniel is your coach.

And that is one of my big issues with this draft. What about trying to find players that can help in 2024?
I think that's how Grier attacked free agency, with 2024 in mind. Lots of short-term contacts.

The draft has been gambling on greatness. Robinson will play a lot. The others are definitely more about the future.

Not saying it's the right approach, but clearly building on the run. Definitely needed to find a long-term answer for Armstead.

Love the pick and trade.

A 2024 4th is greater value than a 2025 3rd. Much deeper draft.
There is zero possibility anyone can say this with certainty. I get that this draft is perceived as deep but who actually knows at this point? The 3rd round next year could easily produce more talent than the 4th round this year.

We get arguably day 1 talent at RB in the 4th round, and a large portion of our fanbase is livid?!?! There truly is no pleasing some people. I really think there are fans just trying to be angry with everything Grier does....like it's a mission 🤷‍♂️

We get arguably day 1 talent at RB in the 4th round, and a large portion of our fanbase is livid?!?! There truly is no pleasing some people. I really think there are fans just trying to be angry with everything Grier does....like it's a mission 🤷‍♂️
People aren’t arguing about the player… they’re upset about drafting a running back when our OL/DL interior has glaring holes.

the people livid want to draft a lineman who will be cut in august

They definitely are. I wasn't expecting it coming into this draft because it felt like they are in win now mode given the void years on so many contracts and the higher paid vets looking like they have 1-2 years (Armstead, Chubb, Reek, Ramsey) left before a significant roster turnover. But each pick definitely speaks to it.
IMO anybody saying they didn't want any developmental players, doesn't understand the draft. Every pick is a developmental player. On average only about 1/3 of 1st round picks play more than 300 snaps. And I expect that Chop will almost assuredly be in that 1/3 while there's a strong chance that Paul will end up playing quite a bit too. We might even get 150-200 snaps from Wright (not including STs).

Back
Top Bottom