RB Jaylen Wright | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

Do you believe they could have gotten better talent on OL/DL than they got with Wright?
The talent argument is fine… not saying your wrong… I’m saying we have GLARING holes up front in the trenches with a QB that has a severe injury history.

At this point everyone is just buying a lottery ticket so why not buy a ticket for an OL that we desperately need?

IMO anybody saying they didn't want any developmental players, doesn't understand the draft. Every pick is a developmental player. On average only about 1/3 of 1st round picks play more than 300 snaps. And I expect that Chop will almost assuredly be in that 1/3 while there's a strong chance that Paul will end up playing quite a bit too. We might even get 150-200 snaps from Wright (not including STs).
Bro that’s not what people mean by developmental and you know it. Come on now… theyre absolutely some players that are more ready to play than others.

The talent argument is fine… not saying your wrong… I’m saying we have GLARING holes up front in the trenches with a QB that has a severe injury history.

At this point everyone is just buying a lottery ticket so why not buy a ticket for an OL that we desperately need?
I don't disagree with the OL sentiment. I wanted OL this year as well, but you can't pass up this talent in the 4th round. I'm sure they have contingency plans for the OL. Probably not what everybody would want, but I'm sure they won't ignore it completely.

Like most probably I don’t know much about him.

When you watch him it’s clear he’s talented and deceptively fast!

But man those boxes and some gaping holes on his highlight runs.

Was that just the blocking or was it partially him setup the cut backs etc?

I don't disagree with the OL sentiment. I wanted OL this year as well, but you can't pass up this talent in the 4th round. I'm sure they have contingency plans for the OL. Probably not what everybody would want, but I'm sure they won't ignore it completely.
But that’s the point bro. A “contingency” plan for the OL is insane when you have a QB with a severe injury history.

“Contingency” is the problem now. We have constantly ignored the OL and when it gets cold late in the year that’s when the big uglies really shine bc you have to be able to line up and run the football and be able to protect your QB against the best pass rushes in the league bc you’re playing playoff teams.

So this guy is good in pass pro and a good receiver too? That makes this much better if true.

We actually were pretty successful running on 3rd and short with Mostert specifically, but we chose to pass an overwhelming amount in those situations (2nd most in the nfl).
That's one thing I'm hoping changes this year. I felt that teams baited us into passing by showing an unfavorable run box count pre-snap then quickly falling back to cover the quick pass. It felt like a fake that we fell for. They were just showing the run D look. I don't know if that's a Tua or McD thing, but it made us predictable. I'd like us to be a little more like SF, who frequently ran into unfavorable box counts and still succeeded. I'd like Miami to be dictating to the D rather than letting the D dictate to us.

Especially when compared to "witless" rants. - LOL
Opinions on an opinion-based forum....shocking. At least i supply context or player-specific comments from film. All i see from you is jokes, but i guess you have to keep your post count up, so you do you. Appreciate the contribution.

But that’s the point bro. A “contingency” plan for the OL is insane when you have a QB with a severe injury history.

“Contingency” is the problem now. We have constantly ignored the OL and when it gets cold late in the year that’s when the big uglies really shine bc you have to be able to line up and run the football and be able to protect your QB against the best pass rushes in the league bc you’re playing playoff teams.
Hey man, let it ruin your day, your week, whatever. I'm not going to. I'm good with the pick and look forward to him toting the rock for us, as opposed to a reach at G or C that probly won't make the team.

Hey man, let it ruin your day, your week, whatever. I'm not going to. I'm good with the pick and look forward to him toting the rock for us, as opposed to a reach at G or C that probly won't make the team.
Well that took a turn for the worst. I thought we were having a respectful debate but I see that’s not the case. Have a good one

And that is one of my big issues with this draft. What about trying to find players that can help in 2024?
I'm not sure we didn't. I expect Chop to have 300 + snaps. Paul will play unless Armstead has an unusually injury free year. And Wright could easily end up with 150-200 snaps.

I'm not sure we didn't. I expect Chop to have 300 + snaps. Paul will play unless Armstead has an unusually injury free year. And Wright could easily end up with 150-200 snaps.
Yes they’ll play but I believe he meant what most of think and that’s that they ain’t ready to play that many snaps even though they’ll have to.

Well that took a turn for the worst. I thought we were having a respectful debate but I see that’s not the case. Have a good one
Guess I didn't see anything more disrespectful about my response than yours, but hey, you have a good one too.

Back
Top Bottom