Reality vs Possibility | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality vs Possibility

On any given Sunday anything can happen.....for al we know Allen could break a leg on the first play from scrimmage and now it's like both sides are playing without the Queen.......so sure, anything is possible but people need to stop talking about positive/negative. Everybody here would like to win and we always have that hope but it doesn’t take a genius to see that the odds are stacked against us. I'm going to root for our team like I always do but at least right now, I'm not holding my breath and I'm not nervous .....however if somehow we keep it close and the game is there for the taking then yes, I will be nervous
Master of Reality!

Hmmm... Statistical analysis is not your forte.

I see.

So excluding a tie....

What are the outcomes possible?

Win or lose right?

It's simple. When there's only 2 options it's a 50/50 shot.

Statistical analysis is for suckers lol

Losing 55-3 is no more or less the same statistical outcome as losing 27-26 in terms of win loss outcome.

ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

I see.

So excluding a tie....

What are the outcomes possible?

Win or lose right?

It's simple. When there's only 2 options it's a 50/50 shot.

Statistical analysis is for suckers lol

Losing 55-3 is no more or less the same statistical outcome as losing 27-26 in terms of win loss outcome.
So, the top seed, playing the bottom seed is a 50/50 proposition? Sure, if you take ALL games played, there are an equal number of winners and losers. That is not the case here, and you will never convince any rational person that it is.

Im praying Im wrong but I put $1000 on Buffalo -12 on Tuesday. Knew Tua was out. We're screwed. If we won, Id be so happy having witnessed one of the greatest playoff upsets of all time, will gladly rip up that betting ticket (electronically)

So, the top seed, playing the bottom seed is a 50/50 proposition? Sure, if you take ALL games played, there are an equal number of winners and losers. That is not the case here, and you will never convince any rational person that it is.

Nice story.

But again, when there is only 2 possible outcomes, it's a 50% chance.

Again, whether the game is a blowout or close game, it doesn't change the fact that there are only 2 outcomes in a playoff game.

Win or lose.

Is there a rational person out there that can tell me there is any other option in a playoff game other then a win or loss?

Nice story.

But again, when there is only 2 possible outcomes, it's a 50% chance.

Again, whether the game is a blowout or close game, it doesn't change the fact that there are only 2 outcomes in a playoff game.

Win or lose.

Is there a rational person out there that can tell me there is any other option in a playoff game other then a win or loss?
I agree, the score is irrelevant, but that's not the issue (which you did not address). The issue is that bottom seeds, going on the road against a top seed is not 50/50. Continue to be obtuse if you like, makes no difference to me.

I agree, the score is irrelevant, but that's not the issue (which you did not address). The issue is that bottom seeds, going on the road against a top seed is not 50/50. Continue to be obtuse if you like, makes no difference to me.

Obtuse, interesting.

So am I being annoyingly insensitive or lacking intellect.

Interesting choice of words.

If you are claiming lacking intellect or understanding... I would throw that back at yah.

Obtuse, interesting.

If you are claiming lacking intellect or understanding... I would throw that back at yah.
Oh, I don't think you are lacking intellect. I think you are doing it purposely, only feigning that you don't understand.

Need to win the turnover battle by 2, need huge special teams day, Armstead needs to play. All those things happen and we can cover the spread.

Obtuse, interesting.

I think everyone agrees there are two possible outcomes to a playoff game (ties aren't allowed) - 50/50. You are correct in that. But, that is separate from probability of a win or loss.

Back
Top Bottom