Reality vs Possibility | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality vs Possibility

Many times you try to keep the faith, and hope that the unexpected happens in the playoffs, but there will always be one or many that will come and remind everyone that realty tells us, what you believe will not happen.

Miami is going in Buffalo (One of the best teams, in one of the toughest places to win this year), without their starting QB, without their far less efficient backup, but instead with their 3rd string far less experienced rookie QB. They will also be bringing along an O-line that is just being held together with all the injuries, same with the defense with the secondary in dire straits.

Question is, is it reality to believe Miami has any chance in the world this coming Sunday, or is there a possibility that things are not what they seem going in?

If someone told you a team would lose it's starting star QB, and would have to do without him the rest of the entire season (or all the way through the playoff if they reach it) with the back up, would people believe the team still has a chance? Most said reality tells us they have no chance? Well people might have thought It was over for the 1972 Dolphins, 1990 Giants, 2000 Rams, 2002 Patriots, but for each of them the reality was there always a possibility they would continue, and win a Superbowl.

How about a team that barely stumbled as 9 win playoff team (Twice), playing against the same unstoppable top record team twice (once with an undefeated, untied record). Many thought on both occasions that reality said The Giants had no shot against the much much better Patriots team, but there was always a possibility the Giants would find a way to beat the Patiots, and they did both times.

Nothing is ever realistically over in the NFL before the game was played, but if you want REAL things that happened, here are a few...

1. That same Miami defense that is struggling on defense against the pass, does continually put offenses in 3rd down consistently, so one correct adjustment on 3rd down, and scoring on Miami suddenly not as easy.

2. On the line when Armstead played, the line became much better.

3. Miami has a HC who is very inventive running the ball, with two RBs, and a QB that can run effectively if given a little room.

4. Nobody expects much from Skyler, but there was a reason so many thought so highly of him when the season started, the kid does have some skill, if the light comes on this Sunday, it could be very interesting.

REALISTICALLY Miami has a very tough game ahead of them, with some big issues to overcome, but there is a POSSIBILITY there is enough still to help Miami make Sunday a very surprising game to watch, nobody really knows what is inside a team, until that game is played.

GO DOLPHINS, GO!!!

I'm uncomfortable with "reality." The reality is a win is unlikely, but that's kinda the same as possibility. There is definitely a possibility of a win, just a quite low possibility. It is that possibility that will keep me watching.

Is Mostert definitely a scratch? Or is it a game time decision? That being said I hope Wilson is 100%.
He can be our bell cow. Maybe he can show the same as he did in his very first game as a Dolphin? I have faith in this guy. He has the “it factor. He is hungry as well. He very well could be our ace in the hole.

Not 50%. Not even close to 50%. But there is a chance regardless. Very very slim.
BTW I hope you’re right about an upset!

True. Biggest game of the season and no one is giving us any chance.
Maybe they can pull off a Rocky Balboa effort.
Let’s hope

Remember, excluding a tie.

Everything is 50% you either win or lose. Only 2 options.

So yes, Miami has a 50% chance of winning.

We got this lol

Guys the football takes crazy bounces.

You never know

Exactly.

A quick 7 yard slant to Hill misplayed by the safety. Boom 70 yard TD.

KICKOFF return for TD

Josh Allen throwing a pick 6.

All these things are realistic. Any one of them can change the momentum.

Especially if we get 2 of those and do that whole double up before and after halftime.

When you got guys like Hill and Waddle anything can happen on offense.

Also, the defense has played significantly better last 2 weeks.

If we get Skylar from Minnesota you never know.

I have hope and believe we win this game.

Also I am petty. Since the Phins have NOT ruled Tua put for the season, even though it appears that's the case.

I want MM to have to agonize about the questions he will get all week

Lost a lot of respect for how the Tua situation, will he won't he was handled.

This team. This ****ing team. The Miami Dolphins

They have this habit of losing games we should win and winning games we have no business winning.

Odds are we lose terribly, but when we all think one thing, they spit in our face and do the opposite.

This team. This ****ing team. The Miami Dolphins

They have this habit of losing games we should win and winning games we have no business winning.

Odds are we lose terribly, but when we all think one thing, they spit in our face and do the opposite.
Well maybe we win this weekend. One can only hope

I'm uncomfortable with "reality." The reality is a win is unlikely, but that's kinda the same as possibility. There is definitely a possibility of a win, just a quite low possibility. It is that possibility that will keep me watching.

Thing is, the people that think it's possible don't expect 100% to win, while the reality people 100% expect Miami will lose.

What I'd like to see is that our coaching and fundamentals are worthy of a playoff game: no illegal shifts, delays of game/wasted timeouts, no drive-killing holding penalties or DPI's that extend Bills' drives.
McDaniel's offense is comprised of complicated plays with lots of pre-snap motion, and someone WILL screw it up and get a flag, several times per game. This usually happens after a nice play. And, McDaniel has a bad habit of sometimes taking too long to get the play in, so every game also sees wasted time-outs and delay of game penalties. Back-up and 3rd string DBs commit penalties every game. Kader Kohou is flagged for DPI at least once per game; he just can't play without grabbing the WR. Sorry, but these things will happen... it's one of the things that I really hate about this team. Made a big play in the passing game? Uh-oh... Hunt is flagged for holding. How about the other week when Kohou was called for DPI on an uncatchable pass. If he had turned around to look for the ball, he could've had an interception that might have been the turning point of the game. These guys are undisciplined, and it shows. When they really, really need to make a play, they choke. It's a miracle that they made the playoffs.

That said, a couple big passes to Hill and Waddle, a few nice runs, and a lucky, well-timed turnover or two could have Miami winning this game!

Back
Top Bottom