Reality vs Possibility | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality vs Possibility

McDaniel's offense is comprised of complicated plays with lots of pre-snap motion, and someone WILL screw it up and get a flag, several times per game. This usually happens after a nice play. And, McDaniel has a bad habit of sometimes taking too long to get the play in, so every game also sees wasted time-outs and delay of game penalties. Back-up and 3rd string DBs commit penalties every game. Kader Kohou is flagged for DPI at least once per game; he just can't play without grabbing the WR. Sorry, but these things will happen... it's one of the things that I really hate about this team. Made a big play in the passing game? Uh-oh... Hunt is flagged for holding. How about the other week when Kohou was called for DPI on an uncatchable pass. If he had turned around to look for the ball, he could've had an interception that might have been the turning point of the game. These guys are undisciplined, and it shows. When they really, really need to make a play, they choke. It's a miracle that they made the playoffs.

That said, a couple big passes to Hill and Waddle, a few nice runs, and a lucky, well-timed turnover or two could have Miami winning this game!
Yeah, I was saying what I'd like to see, not necessarily what I think will happen. 🙂 It did seem to me (though I didn't focus on it carefully) that when Skylar could hear the plays coming in last week he usually was able to get the snap off with more than just 1 or 2 seconds left on the play clock.

Such a painful week after we lose, and a great week when we win. We are getting close I feel. We are not that far away, and hoping to take advantage of the situation with Hill and Waddle and of course my favorite Wilkins.

Many times you try to keep the faith, and hope that the unexpected happens in the playoffs, but there will always be one or many that will come and remind everyone that realty tells us, what you believe will not happen.

Miami is going in Buffalo (One of the best teams, in one of the toughest places to win this year), without their starting QB, without their far less efficient backup, but instead with their 3rd string far less experienced rookie QB. They will also be bringing along an O-line that is just being held together with all the injuries, same with the defense with the secondary in dire straits.

Question is, is it reality to believe Miami has any chance in the world this coming Sunday, or is there a possibility that things are not what they seem going in?

If someone told you a team would lose it's starting star QB, and would have to do without him the rest of the entire season (or all the way through the playoff if they reach it) with the back up, would people believe the team still has a chance? Most said reality tells us they have no chance? Well people might have thought It was over for the 1972 Dolphins, 1990 Giants, 2000 Rams, 2002 Patriots, but for each of them the reality was there always a possibility they would continue, and win a Superbowl.

How about a team that barely stumbled as 9 win playoff team (Twice), playing against the same unstoppable top record team twice (once with an undefeated, untied record). Many thought on both occasions that reality said The Giants had no shot against the much much better Patriots team, but there was always a possibility the Giants would find a way to beat the Patiots, and they did both times.

Nothing is ever realistically over in the NFL before the game was played, but if you want REAL things that happened, here are a few...

1. That same Miami defense that is struggling on defense against the pass, does continually put offenses in 3rd down consistently, so one correct adjustment on 3rd down, and scoring on Miami suddenly not as easy.

2. On the line when Armstead played, the line became much better.

3. Miami has a HC who is very inventive running the ball, with two RBs, and a QB that can run effectively if given a little room.

4. Nobody expects much from Skyler, but there was a reason so many thought so highly of him when the season started, the kid does have some skill, if the light comes on this Sunday, it could be very interesting.

REALISTICALLY Miami has a very tough game ahead of them, with some big issues to overcome, but there is a POSSIBILITY there is enough still to help Miami make Sunday a very surprising game to watch, nobody really knows what is inside a team, until that game is played.

GO DOLPHINS, GO!!!
Let me see:
1) We beat the Bills in our first game with them this year.
2) We would have beat the Bills in our second game with them this year but lost on a field goal made on the last play of the game.
3) Are you guys familiar with the term "Analysis Paralysis"?
You should be!

There is one thing missing here that makes everyone think the Bills will play a perfect game. No turnovers no penalties or injuries.
Do not assume the Bills are a perfect team. Go watch the game last week against the Pats there is a reason the Bills fans were giddy when Tua was ruled out.

I don't know what chance there is.

But two things I do know, Bills secondary is really banged up and not playing well at all.

And we have the best WR duo in the league.

Pick a guy and let it fly Skylar.

PS - I'm still hopefully Teddy will play, which clearly gives us a much better chance to win (those saying Skylar does are legit clueless).

I remember watching the Dolphins getting whopped by the Jaguars in Marino‘s final playoff game with the franchise that could never put together a complete team around him and how stunned I was about how bad the beat down was that day. The only difference on Sunday is I will not be stunned.

On any given Sunday anything can happen.....for al we know Allen could break a leg on the first play from scrimmage and now it's like both sides are playing without the Queen.......so sure, anything is possible but people need to stop talking about positive/negative. Everybody here would like to win and we always have that hope but it doesn’t take a genius to see that the odds are stacked against us. I'm going to root for our team like I always do but at least right now, I'm not holding my breath and I'm not nervous .....however if somehow we keep it close and the game is there for the taking then yes, I will be nervous

Back
Top Bottom