Receivers have to adjust to Feeley's arm | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Receivers have to adjust to Feeley's arm

THIS IS TERRIBLE! Don't you people realize how this will spell disaster for the Dolphins this season???

I understand now, how all these years... Wanny was ONLY trying to protect the WRs from injury. Jay would never, EVER throw a pass so hard as to cause injury to a WR's fingers!

Feeley? He might be breaking fingers left and right (hands)!!

What have you done Rick? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?? :eek:

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only is it absolutely false that Feeley has a weak arm, he's also very accurate, especially with deep throws. Believe me, everyone will see this year, Feeley is underrated and will be a good quarterback. As stated earlier, his "weak arm" reputation comes from an injury in college. He is much bigger, younger, and stronger than Fiedler.

Don't forget Jay is now over 30 and has taken a terrible beating the last 4 years. He has had many injuries to his arm and hands that have caused his velocity, which wasn't that great to begin with, to slow down significantly. I believe it has also affected his accuracy. Jay was not as accurate last year as he was previously.

By the end of the year, there will be comparisons between Brady and Feeley. Brady is not that special in my opinion, but he plays in a good system and generally makes good decisions. He's also about the same size and throws the same way as Feeley. They are very similar in my opinion. I don't believe Feeley will be great, but good enough to do an adequate job, make some deep throws, and keep the chains moving. That may be all we need this year.

Thanks JJ, I have my moments. :)

On a more serious note though... remember the player comments after BG (Brian -guess the last name) played the Chargers game last year? How the ball was thrown a bit quicker, with more velocity so they (Chambers, McMicheal) needed to be looking sooner?

If Feeley is putting even more on the ball, than that makes quite a difference between him and Jay. The offense needs to get adjusted to one or the others, so timing on routes and such are perfected. Going back and forth between Jay and AJ will just make it tough on everybody (especially the fans -:evil: )

I'd give Feeley 70% of the snaps if it was up to me. Forget the "QB competition" crap. Give Feeley a chance to develop some chemistry with the guys and if he really struggles, then give Jay more snaps in the last preseason game.

I do worry that Feeley's arm won't be up to a whole season of throwing. He has never done it before, colleage or pros. Is this an issue for most new starting QBs? Or do they throw so much in practice and training that it won't be a problem?

On a positive note, maybe Feeley is only now really over his previous elbow injury, and ready to show he has a better arm than anyone thought! :cool:

I think 50-50 suits the situation is just fine through early camp. These guys need to be at least somewhat familiar with both of the guys in case Feeley or Fiedler can't make it through the season anyway.

I think that a decision will get made early (particularly if it is for Feeley) and that he will start getting more and more of the work. That's fine with me. Like you say, we can always pull out good old Jay if we have to and give him as much prep time as he got in 2000...

Apparently, Chambers and McMichael had to get their vision adjusted through LASIK eye surgery to get used to the tight spirals of Feeley after watching dead ducks fly over/under/behind them for the past 2-3 seasons.

It is a travesty, our condolensces go to McMichael and Chambers to recover from and have a successful eye surgery experience.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Apparently, Chambers and McMichael had to get their vision adjusted through LASIK eye surgery to get used to the tight spirals of Feeley after watching dead ducks fly over/under/behind them for the past 2-3 seasons.

It is a travesty, our condolensces go to McMichael and Chambers to recover from and have a successful eye surgery experience.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm rooting for AJ and I think he'll be fine.

Ozzy rules!!

This is actually great news. I always heard the knock on Feeley was that he didn't have much velocity on his throws. Anyone who has followed him or who saw the games he started for the Eagles 2 seasons ago knows that he has good touch on his passes. And lets not forget that the receiving core he had in philly was not very good.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Back in 1999 or maybe 1998, it was a 94 Corolla. Guess he moved up in the world.

Yeah, but is he Man enough to tote around on that scooter like AJ though? :lol:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Feeley doesn't have a great arm but the weak arm reputation came from his draft evaluations. He was still suffering from problems with his throwing arm and elbow, and lost a lot of velocity...at least thats what I read. I guess that training with the Eagles he got his arm healthy and got his velocity back. But it does make me worry a little about Feeley staying healthy.

Remember when Ray Lucas had to take a bunch of snaps cuz Fiedler got injured? Lucas kept having to ice his elbow and had problems with it, because he wasn't use to the workload. Feeley has elbow problems in his past.

I read the same stuff about the injury in college but I don't recall terms like "alot" when it came to loss of velocity, if I remember correctly it was Lost "some" velocity. I think some may have interpeted that into AJ having a week arm.

I think the kid has the physical abilities to do the job, hopefully he can read defenses.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

This may be your funniest post.....EVER

:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom