Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod

Yankees CHOKED. And how long has it been since they won the World Series? All they keep doing is increasing their payroll. Unbeliavable. MLB needs a Cap asap.

It's been a whole 5 years, believe me it has been very difficult around here. We are wondering if we have been cursed since it's been so long since we last won a World Series :rolleyes:

Prime Time said:
Yankees CHOKED. And how long has it been since they won the World Series? All they keep doing is increasing their payroll. Unbeliavable. MLB needs a Cap asap.
They haven't won a World Series in 5 years........OMG!!!!!! Lets jump off a bridge! Some teams go decades without winning them. So its been 5 years. So, they choked last year. BIG FRIGGIN DEAL! It happens to every team.

Some of you guys act like last year was the first time the Yanks ever lost in the playoffs. They have had better teams lose in the playoffs back in the 50's, 60's, and 80's.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
The front office isn't stupid anymore. .
Well, you can't say that until AFTER this year is played out. If Pedro goes to NY and wins 20. While guys like Miller and Clement fall on their face in Boston (very possible as most NL pitchers struggle in the AL when they first make the jump. Unless you a Schilling or Johnson type and very high caliber.), then the front office was stupid to let the heart and soul of your team for the past 7 or 8 years walk away for a few more pennies.

Prime Time said:
MLB needs a Cap asap.
Once again, anyone who says their should be a cap (in any sport). I always say, how would YOU like it if YOU'RE boss came to you and said........"this is your last day, you make too much money and you put us over our cap".

YOU WOULD CRY BLOODY MURDER!!!

or better yet if he came to you and said...."You making $80,000 is killing us. You need to take a pay cut down to $47,000 or else we gotta let ya go. I know you have a contract and all, but your killing our cap".

What insult? Trot gave credit to the real baseball players on the yankees....Sorry if he didn't think an over-paid mercenary deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as life long hardcore yankees.

I think he's right.

Now, if he called him Slappy "Blue lips" Rodriguez, that would be an insult.

MikeO said:
Well, you can't say that until AFTER this year is played out. If Pedro goes to NY and wins 20. While guys like Miller and Clement fall on their face in Boston (very possible as most NL pitchers struggle in the AL when they first make the jump. Unless you a Schilling or Johnson type and very high caliber.), then the front office was stupid to let the heart and soul of your team for the past 7 or 8 years walk away for a few more pennies.
Pedro is a 6 inning pitcher who's petulance finally outweighed his usefulness.

inFINSible said:
Pedro is a 6 inning pitcher who's petulance finally outweighed his usefulness.
If he wins 20 games.........nobody cares that he can only go 6 innings!

In the NL with no DH, he will be more than a 6 inning pitcher as well. Watch and see. Easier lineups and more pitcher friendly ballparks.

MikeO said:

In my opinion Boston got worse this offseason while the Yanks significantly upgraded their staff. Wells is done, he'll win some games but he is unreliable. he was horrible for us in the '02 postseason then wussed out in the biggest game of the year(Game 5 of the 2003 WS), I honestly believe if Wells stays is able to pitch that game that the yanks now have #27. Clement has played on some good Cubs teams but he has never put it together and Miller has been hurt. Now IF(a BIG if) Wells makes it through injury free, Clement finally puts it together and Miller is healthy then they could have just as good a staff but those are big if's and folks seem to forget that the Sox have lost alot of improtant guys from last year. Not just pure #s guys but bit players like Dave Roberts, w/o Roberts the Sox do not beat the yankees. Mientkewicz gave them a good glove at 1B, Cabrera doesn't put up #s like Renterria but he was huge in october and Pedro(against anyone besides the Yanks was huge) and Lowe won't easily be replaced. it will be hard for any of the Sox pitchers to pich as well as Lowe did in October.

nyjunc said:
In my opinion Boston got worse this offseason while the Yanks significantly upgraded their staff. Wells is done, he'll win some games but he is unreliable. he was horrible for us in the '02 postseason then wussed out in the biggest game of the year(Game 5 of the 2003 WS), I honestly believe if Wells stays is able to pitch that game that the yanks now have #27. Clement has played on some good Cubs teams but he has never put it together and Miller has been hurt. Now IF(a BIG if) Wells makes it through injury free, Clement finally puts it together and Miller is healthy then they could have just as good a staff but those are big if's and folks seem to forget that the Sox have lost alot of improtant guys from last year. Not just pure #s guys but bit players like Dave Roberts, w/o Roberts the Sox do not beat the yankees. Mientkewicz gave them a good glove at 1B, Cabrera doesn't put up #s like Renterria but he was huge in october and Pedro(against anyone besides the Yanks was huge) and Lowe won't easily be replaced. it will be hard for any of the Sox pitchers to pich as well as Lowe did in October.
Gotta love Yankee Fans, you guys tell us we are going to get significantly worse because we brought 3 NL pitchers over. Well guess what, where did Pavano, Wright (who is complete garbage) and Randy came from? If you classify Clement, Wells and Miller big if's, how can you not classify Pavano and Wright as just as big if's? Take off the pinstriped glasses...

Pedro is DONE in the AL, if you can't see that his numbers were in significant decline then I don't know. Lowe might have been big in the playoffs, but he didn't do anything but get hammered in the regular season. Yeah, we lost Roberts, but we also picked up Payton to sit on the bench and be a reserve outfielder. Our bench will be stronger than the Yankees again.

Also, great move letting Cairo go and picking up Womack, the same guy who didn't make the Red Sox last year:roflmao:

Gotta love Yankee Fans, you guys tell us we are going to get significantly worse because we brought 3 NL pitchers over. Well guess what, where did Pavano, Wright (who is complete garbage) and Randy came from? If you classify Clement, Wells and Miller big if's, how can you not classify Pavano and Wright as just as big if's? Take off the pinstriped glasses...

My pinstriped glasses are off, I think you need to put on some reading glasses. I said the Sox got worse not significantly worse but there is a chance if everything comes up perfect that they could be as good. I'm not high on Wright but Pavano has been one of the best pitchers in the game the last year and a half and Randy johnson was the best pitcher last year. I'll give you Wright as a big if but Pavano has developed into one of the game's better pitchers while Wells is on his way down, Clement has never put it together and Miller came cheap for a reason- he hasn't been halthy in a few years.

Pedro is DONE in the AL, if you can't see that his numbers were in significant decline then I don't know. Lowe might have been big in the playoffs, but he didn't do anything but get hammered in the regular season. Yeah, we lost Roberts, but we also picked up Payton to sit on the bench and be a reserve outfielder. Our bench will be stronger than the Yankees again.

pedro was done against the Yankees but he did well against other AL teams. Is it the reg season or postseason that matters? Would you rather Lowe have been good in the reg season and suck in the playoffs? Roberts was a unique weapon which Payton is not. Roberts manufactured huge runs in both Game's 4 and 5 and those runs turned the series around and enable you to finally win it all. W/o Roberts the yanks have #27 already.

Also, great move letting Cairo go and picking up Womack, the same guy who didn't make the Red Sox last year

it makes no difference, Cairo gives us a little more speed and both are ok at 2B. We have such a powerful lineup that we can support an average player or 2 in the lineup. Oh by the way, Tony Womack had a better year than Mark Bellhorn but thanks for asking.

How the hell has Pavano developed into one of the games better pitchers? The guy had ONE good year in a pitchers park. Mind as well crown Bronson Arroyo CY Young next year, because he was solid for one year. I'm not saying he's going to fall on his face, but if your gonna classify Clement and Miller as question marks, Pavano has to be in that group. You should be the last one talking about health, your putting your season on a 41 year old with bad knees.

No I wouldn't want Lowe to have been awful in the playoffs, I would have liked him to be consistent especially if we are going to be giving him a long term contract at outrageous money, but a Yankee fan wouldn't know what spending wisely means. Without Roberts you would have had 27 already? HAHA. I guess your basing your opinion on the fact that Rivera would have been able to get us out.. which wasn't happening at anytime during last year. If Payton isn't a unique weapon off the bench, I don't know what one is, maybe Ruben Sierra or Tony Clark?:lol: I guess you could claim that Womack had a better year than Bellhorn, but I'd take Mark anyday of the week over a washed up Tony Womack... and I know you would too

Pavano was big in the playoffs the year the Marlins won it all. Plus he had a great year last year. He has had more than 1 good year.

Womack was in St.Louis ALL of last year. I have no clue as to what you are talking about.

MikeO said:
If he wins 20 games.........nobody cares that he can only go 6 innings!

In the NL with no DH, he will be more than a 6 inning pitcher as well. Watch and see. Easier lineups and more pitcher friendly ballparks.
I'll say Arroyo gets as many wins as Pedro next year...wanna bet?

Pedro is almost done...his little frame has taken about all it can handle. Minaya was foolish to give all that money to him. If they had an Ace ahead of Pedro or a starting pitching lineup that would take some pressure off Pedro to win 20, he might make it through the season, if they don't, I'd be real surprised if he doesn't have to shut down for a couple of months at some point during the season.

Clement will win 15 easily... Miller is capable of doing the same thing if not more, if he can stay healthy.... Boomer is good for at least that himself.

Pencil in 20 for Kurt and you're looking at another tough postseason...:lol:

inFINSible said:
I'll say Arroyo gets as many wins as Pedro next year...wanna bet?

Pedro is almost done...his little frame has taken about all it can handle. Minaya was foolish to give all that money to him. If they had an Ace ahead of Pedro or a starting pitching lineup that would take some pressure off Pedro to win 20, he might make it through the season, if they don't, I'd be real surprised if he doesn't have to shut down for a couple of months at some point during the season.

Clement will win 15 easily... Miller is capable of doing the same thing if not more, if he can stay healthy.... Boomer is good for at least that himself.

Pencil in 20 for Kurt and you're looking at another tough postseason...:lol:
Let's bet. You name it!

Back
Top Bottom