Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod

inFINSible said:
Born and raised in Florida.....Grandparents brought me back a Red Sox hat from a trip to Boston when I was about 8.... Been a fan ever since.
BTW...City of Palms Park is 30 miles north of me. :D

inFINSible said:
BTW...City of Palms Park is 30 miles north of me. :D
Really, I'm actually heading down to Naples for spring break. A couple of my buddies and I got tickets to the Phillies game on March 7th or 8th. So we are gonna drive up to Ft. Myers to spend a couple days up there. I heard it's really a great experience to see a game down there. I mean the seats have to be more comfortable than they are at Fenway:woot:

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
I don't know what you're talking about, a second city mentality. :
It's just a petty and immature insult that's supposed to make us look jealous but, actually reveals the character of the poster who said it.

inFINSible said:
That's the bet take it or leave it.
leave it then.

If ya wanna real bet for money.....let me know.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Really, I'm actually heading down to Naples for spring break. A couple of my buddies and I got tickets to the Phillies game on March 7th or 8th. So we are gonna drive up to Ft. Myers to spend a couple days up there. I heard it's really a great experience to see a game down there. I mean the seats have to be more comfortable than they are at Fenway:woot:
Never been to Fenway but I love City of Palms....it's so small....you won't believe how close you are to the players...

inFINSible said:
Never been to Fenway but I love City of Palms....it's so small....you won't believe how close you are to the players...
Oh I bet, I heard the Naples/Ft. Myers area is beautiful so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not sure it's going to be able to top the trip I made down this past December to see the Pats/Fins game, but nevertheless it's going to be awesome.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Oh I bet, I heard the Naples/Ft. Myers area is beautiful so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not sure it's going to be able to top the trip I made down this past December to see the Pats/Fins game, but nevertheless it's going to be awesome.
Nothing could top that! :lol:

You guys definately have to check out Ft Myers beach....kick *** spring break destination....

How the hell has Pavano developed into one of the games better pitchers?

he was great the 2nd half of '03 including the postseason and pitching well against the Yanks in the WS and he was great last year, since the mid of '03 he has been a big time pitcher. Look it up.

I'm not saying he's going to fall on his face, but if your gonna classify Clement and Miller as question marks, Pavano has to be in that group.

Pavano has been trending up the past few years while Clement and Miller have not. Miller is very good IF healthy, that's the only question mark w/ him but Clement has never put it together the way Pavano has.

No I wouldn't want Lowe to have been awful in the playoffs, I would have liked him to be consistent especially if we are going to be giving him a long term contract at outrageous money, but a Yankee fan wouldn't know what spending wisely means.

The Sox haven't spen an outrageous amount on players recently :rolleyes: you have ONE home grown regular.

Without Roberts you would have had 27 already? HAHA. I guess your basing your opinion on the fact that Rivera would have been able to get us out..

You guys make it like you knocked Mariano around, if Roberts doesn't manufacture those runs the yanks either sweep or win in 5.

If Payton isn't a unique weapon off the bench, I don't know what one is, maybe Ruben Sierra or Tony Clark?

What is so unique about an underachiever like Jay Payton? Ruben Sierra has a ton of big hits off the bench for the Yanks. Show me where jay Payton has ever done anything in this league.

I guess you could claim that Womack had a better year than Bellhorn, but I'd take Mark anyday of the week over a washed up Tony Womack... and I know you would too

If he's washed up how did he have a better year than Bellhorn? I wouldn't want Bellhorn, he strikes out way too much and is a medicore fielder at best.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch a team scratch and claw for a championship, even if they do fall short.

Of course we know what that's like, just go back and watch the '96 yanks. There wasn't a grittier team I have ever seen than that bunch.

And you damn sure won't EVER know the sweet sweet satisfaction of finally putting the demons to rest in one of the most convincing ways in baseball history.

You could win the next 5 world series and you still wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face.

I'm sorry, one WS win is not better than 5 and if we win this year that's 5 in the last decade. it's great for you gusy that you finally won but it doesn't give you a free pass for the next 86 years.

Womack was invited to the Red Sox camp during spring training last year, he didn't make the team, look it up...

Who cares? he had a BETTER year than your 2B.

Clement has never put it together the way Pavano put it together LAST year. But I think it's ridiculous to say that he hasn't been trending upward. Clement has filthy stuff and Pavano's numbers weren't much better than Clement's last year. I'm giving you Pavano I already said that I thought he would pitch well, but it's ridiculous to assume he isn't going to fall on his face but Clement is.

Yeah, we spend alot, but the only reason for that is to compete with the Yankees. I can't remember the last time the Red Sox had a 200 million dollar payroll:shakeno: You have about 60-80 million on us and we have that on some other teams, don't put the Red Sox in the same level as the Yankees, it's not only inaccurate, but also misinformed. But it all works out in the end, because every year you don't win with that disgusting payroll, makes every fan around baseball smile.

The reason we make it sound like we knocked around Mariano last year is because we did. He couldn't get the Red Sox out, be it in the postseason or in the regular season. He blew 4 saves against us last year. Bill Mueller owns him, Mariano is nearing the end of the road. I can tell you one thing, no Red Sox fan fears him anymore, he isn't invincible like he used to be.

Jay Payton is a solid player and a hell of a 4th outfielder. A great bat to have coming off the bench, especially against lefties. The Red Sox had tremendous depth last year with Kapler, Roberts, Mientkiewicz, Youkilis and they will have great depth again this year.

Womack didn't have a better year than Bellhorn. I'm not going to argue with you if you feel he did the stats speak for themselves. How is Womack supposed to be your catalyst with a .319 career OBP, seriously I'd love to know? Bellhorn does strike out alot, but at least he gets on base for Ramirez and Ortiz, which is more than I can say for Womack. Of course it matters that Womack didn't make the Red Sox, Theo and company felt that Bellhorn was a better player and that Womack wouldn't cut it (no pun intended). It's awesome, for once the Yankees are picking up Red Sox garbage.

Clement has never put it together the way Pavano put it together LAST year. But I think it's ridiculous to say that he hasn't been trending upward. Clement has filthy stuff and Pavano's numbers weren't much better than Clement's last year. I'm giving you Pavano I already said that I thought he would pitch well, but it's ridiculous to assume he isn't going to fall on his face but Clement is.

It's not just last year, if it was I would label Pavano a question mark but pavano was great down the stretch and in POSTSEASON in '03 and was grat last year. Clement's has been over .500 only twice in his career(in '02 1 game over and in '03 2 games over) as has Pavano but he played in Montreal and his 2 years were 4 games over in 2000 and 10 games over last year, in 2 postseason starts he has an ERA of 5.11 and in 2 postseason starts and 8 overall apperances Pavano has an ERA of 1.40, his last 3 years his ERA has gone from 3.60 to 4.11 to 3.68 while in the past 3 years Pavano has gone from 5.16 to 4.30 to 3.00. That's trending upward while Clement has remained in that inconsistent pattern his whole career. Can Clement finally put it together? Absolutely and he could become a steal BUT you must admit that is a pretty big if.

Yeah, we spend alot, but the only reason for that is to compete with the Yankees. I can't remember the last time the Red Sox had a 200 million dollar payroll You have about 60-80 million on us and we have that on some other teams, don't put the Red Sox in the same level as the Yankees, it's not only inaccurate, but also misinformed. But it all works out in the end, because every year you don't win with that disgusting payroll, makes every fan around baseball smile.

Jealous Yankee haters should be happy we have spent like this b/c it hasn't worked, when we had our LATEST dynasty from '96-'00 we weren't always #1 in payroll and when we were it wsn't a big difference like it is now. We built from w/in and did it the right way. For a Sox fan to complain about payroll is laughable, people always whine that the Yankees "bought" Championships but we did it the right way. If any team "bought" a title it was the Sox last year w/ just ONE homegrown regular.

The reason we make it sound like we knocked around Mariano last year is because we did. He couldn't get the Red Sox out, be it in the postseason or in the regular season. He blew 4 saves against us last year. Bill Mueller owns him, Mariano is nearing the end of the road. I can tell you one thing, no Red Sox fan fears him anymore, he isn't invincible like he used to be.

No you didn't. The Sox have done well against him in the reg season but he has owned the Sox in postseason. Last year he shut you down in the first 2 games for 2 saves then you manufactured runs in games 4 & 5. he gave up ONE earned run to the Sox in 5 appearances(don't forget he came in w/ 1st and 3rd and 0 out in Game 5 and got out of it w/ just giving up the 1 run to tie it. 1 earned run in 5 appearances- yeah you really knocked him around :rolleyes:

Jay Payton is a solid player and a hell of a 4th outfielder. A great bat to have coming off the bench, especially against lefties. The Red Sox had tremendous depth last year with Kapler, Roberts, Mientkiewicz, Youkilis and they will have great depth again this year.

Payton had 1 good year and that was b/c he played in Colorado. Is he good depth on the bech? Sure but I'd rather see him than Roberts. The only guys who provided solid depth last year were Mientkiewicz and Roberts. Youkilis hasn't done anything and Kapler was useless in october. The onyl thing kapler did all year was gang up w/ 2 teamates and scratch tanyon Sturtze in the face.

Womack didn't have a better year than Bellhorn. I'm not going to argue with you if you feel he did the stats speak for themselves. How is Womack supposed to be your catalyst with a .319 career OBP, seriously I'd love to know?

womack is our #9 hitter.

inFINSible said:
Suit yourself....The offer stands for two days...
It can stand for 2 years. I hate those kind of bets. If ya wanna bet....lets bet.

I gave a way where everything is up front an on the table. We each send the money to someone we trust (AJ). Can do it via Pay Pal even (save ya the stamp).

Then AJ can just send the money to the winner.

What's wrong with my way?

This season will be interesting. You people comparing the teams now is just a waste of time.. wait until after the trade deadline!

Stankees will choke again and I will be here to rub it in your faces!

LMAO Second city mentality.. TO NEW YORK? LMAO!

New York, New York big city of shi't
And everything in New York ain't always what it seems
You might get stomped if you play for the yankees
But I'm down by law, and I'm from the Red Sox nation.

Back
Top Bottom