Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod

Hostile7 said:
What's even more ridiculous is the yankee fans arguements. Before it was "win one and then you can talk..." OK, did that. Now it's "so what, it's only one..."

How about we kicked your *** in the greatest ALCS ever... EVER. And we have a better team this year too :roflmao:

You can talk all you want but you look silly when you are trying to justify 1 WS over 26.

By the way, you do NOT have a better team. If a # of If's are answered positively then you can have as good a team but on paper you are not as good PLUS the World Series hangover is always an issue. The Sox had magic last year, don't expect that to happen 2 years in a row.

We are the only ones with the money to come anywhere close to you. Your advantage is over everyone else, we don't have an advantage over you. At least we are in the same atmosphere as other big market teams. The Stanks are far ahead of everyone in baseball, it's not whining I could care less, we still whoop your *** even with that disgusting payroll.

1 win over the Yanks and you whoop us? :lol:

It's funny if you guys don't care about us, then why are we on the front AND back page of the NY Post, IN SPRING TRAINING? And why are your columnists so anxious to put us down? Oh, I know why, we whooped your 160 million dollar @** . Owned.

B?c it's news and we have 2 crappy basketball teams, no hockey and no college basketball teams so every little thing that happens w/ the yanks and Mets will be news. I'm pretty sure the Sox are front page news alot too.

By the way, a "whooping" is more like the way we beat you up in '99 4-1, a 4-3 series is not a "whooping".

Of course I care if my team wins championships or not. What I don't care about is the old "we've won more than you naa naa " second grade bull **** that you stankee fans think bother us.. It might bother some but not the civil majority.

Of course it bothers you and all Sox fans b/c you know we will ALWAYS have the upper hand, sure you might have it for a year(ay once every 86 years or so) but you'll never pull ahead of us. I hate seeing the pats win a SB but it's not like they are 20 SB's ahead of the Jets, if we win one next year(hold the laughter) then we are only down 3-2, if the Sox win it ever year for the next 19 years then they'll pull w/in 1 of the Yanks :lol:

nyjunc said:
Of course it bothers you and all Sox fans b/c you know we will ALWAYS have the upper hand, sure you might have it for a year(ay once every 86 years or so) but you'll never pull ahead of us. I hate seeing the pats win a SB but it's not like they are 20 SB's ahead of the Jets, if we win one next year(hold the laughter) then we are only down 3-2, if the Sox win it ever year for the next 19 years then they'll pull w/in 1 of the Yanks :lol:

Hey man, whatever makes you sleep at night. I think, in my opinion of course, that you have the yankees success overrated in terms of how sox fans see it (from my pov).

I just can't wait until Schilling v. Johnson and then Wells v. Mussina for Game 3, it will be fun.

Game 1 will have the atmosphere of an NFL game.

FiN.in.RI said:
Hey man, whatever makes you sleep at night. I think, in my opinion of course, that you have the yankees success overrated in terms of how sox fans see it (from my pov).

I just can't wait until Schilling v. Johnson and then Wells v. Mussina for Game 3, it will be fun.

Game 1 will have the atmosphere of an NFL game.

I know plenty of Sox fans and I've been to fenway and I've ben to Foxboro(where they spent most of the day obsessing about the yankees-yes the yanks at a Jets-Pats game) so i have a good understanding about what Boston fans are thinking.

I agree about the Openin Series. I haven't been this pumped up about a season in a while, the reg season has become so meaningless since we know the yanks(and the pst few years the Sox) are going to be playing in October but the Yank-Sox series makes the reg season a little more fun. Bragging rights won't be won until October but it will be a fun journey this year.

The only people obesessing, is the yankee fans. You're osessed with trying to make Red Sox fans think the yankees are the greatest thing since wings on a maxi pad. The fact is, we don't care if the yankees win the WS every other year, you'll still never get the respect that you so obviously want from Red Sox fans.

We know you don't deserve it.Hell, Everyone knows you don't deserve it, but, it's us that spit in your face and trounce your pride so succinctly that it crawls up under your skin and ferments until it explodes from your hearts in a drunken frenzy. Only to fall on deaf ears, causing the cycle to begin again.

You'll be obsessed with making us say "uncle" forever. You can win 50 more WS and you'll still never get the feeling in the center of your being that says you are finished with the job because somewhere a Red Sox fan with his 2004 WS Championship hat on his head is going to say, "So what."

The only people obesessing, is the yankee fans. You're osessed with trying to make Red Sox fans think the yankees are the greatest thing since wings on a maxi pad. The fact is, we don't care if the yankees win the WS every other year, you'll still never get the respect that you so obviously want from Red Sox fans.

I could care less about getting respect from the Sox fans, if they can't respect the greatest franchise in the history of sports then that is their problem not mine. I am a Jets season ticket holder and I have been to every home game since 1990 and not once did I ever here a chant about the red Sox at a Jet game but I went to Foxboro and they were chanting "Yankees Suck"- I'd say that's obsessing a bit, don't you think?

nyjunc said:
I could care less about getting respect from the Sox fans, if they can't respect the greatest franchise in the history of sports then that is their problem not mine. I am a Jets season ticket holder and I have been to every home game since 1990 and not once did I ever here a chant about the red Sox at a Jet game but I went to Foxboro and they were chanting "Yankees Suck"- I'd say that's obsessing a bit, don't you think?
Some fans start a cheer, and people will chant. I don't know why you're bringing in football. Don't give us sox/fins more fodder.

All your 26 championships combined are not worth what the redsox one is. That's what eats you Yankee fans... Infins is right. You could win 100, and not one of them will ever be as valuable as that one trophy...

Some fans start a cheer, and people will chant. I don't know why you're bringing in football. Don't give us sox/fins more fodder

Half the Stadium was chanting it and to show you their NY jealousy they also chanted "Jets suck", "Giant suck" and "Mets suck". As a yankee and Jet fan I could care less about the Giants and Mets but I found it very humorous that they are so insanely jealous that they would chant about a bunch of NY teams but the "Yankees Suck" chant was done by about half the Stadium. That's how jealous they were/are and your one measly little title will not change that. if i did you and your team wouldn't still be talking about the Yankees EVERY day.

All your 26 championships combined are not worth what the redsox one is. That's what eats you Yankee fans... Infins is right. You could win 100, and not one of them will ever be as valuable as that one trophy...

:roflmao: :lol: :lol: :roflmao:

Hostile7 said:
That quote is where this thread JUMPED THE SHARK! :roflmao:

You can't be serious dude!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Whether Yankee fans want to admit it not, from this view, I think Trot Nixon is right. Alex Rodriguez is a Hall of Fame talent, but he's "Bush League" in every other sense of the term.

1. He whined his way out of Texas.

2. He got upset last July when Arroyo hit him with a pitch that everyone and their grandmother knew wasn't intentional.

3. He was screaming for Gary Sheffield to run over Jason Varitek during Game 1 of the ALCS.

4. Do I even have to mention the little b*tch slap of Arroyo in Game 6?

It's all crap that the classier Yankees (Jeter, Martinez, Williams, Brosius, Rivera, etc) in recent years would never DREAM of. Those are the kinds of players who define this generation of Yankees - not Rodriguez. At least not yet.

I pick up a paper a new Sox player is talking trash about the Yanks and ARod.
Because they don't like him. He's an arrogant, gutless little b*tch who's never won anything.

This hasn't been much of a rivalry until the past 2 years, it was more like a 1 sided beatdown for 80+ years and we never cared about the Sox
A gross exaggeration. The Red Sox have gotten the best of the Yankees in the past, but people don't remember it because they never finished it off with a World Series like they did this year.

There was a great quote in one of today's papers about the class Sox who keep chirping, it went something like this. "The Red Sox, who have exactly 1 more title than the Yankees in the last five years..."
Fixed your post.

By the way, you do NOT have a better team. If a # of If's are answered positively then you can have as good a team but on paper you are not as good
I think they're better than they were last year. We'll see. The Yankees have just as many question marks as the Red Sox, IMO.

Of course it bothers you and all Sox fans b/c you know we will ALWAYS have the upper hand, sure you might have it for a year(ay once every 86 years or so) but you'll never pull ahead of us.
The vast majority of Sox fans aren't nearly this obsessed with the Yankees.

Congratulations - you've won 26 World Series... the vast majority of which came before you were born.

We've won 7 World Series... the vast majority of which came before I was born.

If all I was interested in was supporting the team that wins the most World Series, I'd be a Yankee fan. Fortunately, I'm deeper than that.

That's how jealous they were/are and your one measly little title will not change that. if i did you and your team wouldn't still be talking about the Yankees EVERY day.
Speaking of stupid chants and obsessions, don't even pretend like Yankee fans aren't obsessed with beating the Red Sox. I was at Game Seven last year. I heard all the "1918" and "Who's Your Daddy" chants. I saw the idiots dressed like Babe Ruth. I saw the signs. Yankee fans FEED of their perceived superiority over the Red Sox. When it was obvious that the Red Sox were going to win, the vast majority of them scattered like rats jumping off a sinking ship, becuase they couldn't bear to watch the Red Sox dance on the field at Yankee Stadium. It shattered their whole paradigm.

That's why this year will be even more intense... because the Red Sox finally punched the Yankees in the nose... and Yankee fans are shocked and upset by it. This year's ALCS was like that scene from "A Christmas Story" when Ralphie finally has enough and beats the crap out of Scott Farkus. And from that point on, everything was different... better, even.

Gator Mike said:
Whether Yankee fans want to admit it not, from this view, I think Trot Nixon is right. Alex Rodriguez is a Hall of Fame talent, but he's "Bush League" in every other sense of the term.

1. He whined his way out of Texas.

2. He got upset last July when Arroyo hit him with a pitch that everyone and their grandmother knew wasn't intentional.

3. He was screaming for Gary Sheffield to run over Jason Varitek during Game 1 of the ALCS.

4. Do I even have to mention the little b*tch slap of Arroyo in Game 6?

It's all crap that the classier Yankees (Jeter, Martinez, Williams, Brosius, Rivera, etc) in recent years would never DREAM of. Those are the kinds of players who define this generation of Yankees - not Rodriguez. At least not yet.

Because they don't like him. He's an arrogant, gutless little b*tch who's never won anything.

A gross exaggeration. The Red Sox have gotten the best of the Yankees in the past, but people don't remember it because they never finished it off with a World Series like they did this year.

Fixed your post.

I think they're better than they were last year. We'll see. The Yankees have just as many question marks as the Red Sox, IMO.

The vast majority of Sox fans aren't nearly this obsessed with the Yankees.

Congratulations - you've won 26 World Series... the vast majority of which came before you were born.

If all I was interested in was supporting the team that wins the most World Series, I'd be a Yankee fan. Fortunately, I'm deeper than that.

Speaking of stupid chants and obsessions, don't even pretend like Yankee fans aren't obsessed with beating the Red Sox. I was at Game Seven last year. I heard all the "1918" and "Who's Your Daddy" chants. I saw the idiots dressed like Babe Ruth. I saw the signs. Yankee fans FEED of their perceived superiority over the Red Sox. When it was obvious that the Red Sox were going to win, the vast majority of them scattered like rats jumping off a sinking ship, becuase they couldn't bear to watch the Red Sox dance on the field at Yankee Stadium. It shattered their whole paradigm.

That's why this year will be even more intense... because the Red Sox finally punched the Yankees in the nose... and Yankee fans are shocked and upset by it. This year's ALCS was like that scene from "A Christmas Story" when Ralphie finally has enough and beats the crap out of Scott Farkus. And from that point on, everything was different... better, even.

Excellent post...

This hasn't been much of a rivalry until the past 2 years, it was more like a 1 sided beatdown for 80+ years and we never cared about the Sox

When? once in the 40s, a couple of times in the 80s. How many times have the Sox finished 2nd to the Yanks? 13 times. How many times have the Yanks finished 2nd to the Sox? 3 times and the Ynaks have the edge in the postseason too w/ 2 series wins to 1.

There was a great quote in one of today's papers about the class Sox who keep chirping, it went something like this. "The Red Sox, who have exactly 1 more title than the Yankees in the last five years..."

Fixed your post.

You should fix your post b/c 2000 is w/in the last 5 years. 2005-2000=5

Yes but I was alive for 6 of them and old enough to remember 4 of them while your Grandparents were born before only 1 of them.

You have won 6 and once again your Grandparents were only born for 1 of them.

Yankee fans FEED of their perceived superiority over the Red Sox.

Perceived? Adding to the #s above of the last 27 Championships the 2 teams have won the Yanks have won 26 of them. That's not perception it's REALITY.

nyjunc said:
When? once in the 40s, a couple of times in the 80s.
In 1972, the Red Sox and Yankees were locked in a heated four-team pennant race entering September. The Sox pretty much ended the Yankees' season by taking four out of five from New York, including a three game sweep at Fenway just after Labor Day. Boston ended up finishing 2nd to Detroit by half a game... no, I didn't make that up - the Red Sox played one less game than the Tigers that year, and MLB didn't let them make it up.

In 1975, the Yankees were in 2nd place near the end of July when the Red Sox won three straight in the Bronx to push them out out reach. The Yankees eventually faltered, finishing 3rd behind Baltimore.

How many times have the Sox finished 2nd to the Yanks? 13 times. How many times have the Yanks finished 2nd to the Sox? 3 times and the Ynaks have the edge in the postseason too w/ 2 series wins to 1.
Again, congratulations. I never claimed that the Red Sox held a competitive head-to-head edge against the Yankees, because they clearly don't. I took objection to the inference that the Red Sox never beat the Yankees when it mattered.

Perceived? Adding to the #s above of the last 27 Championships the 2 teams have won the Yanks have won 26 of them. That's not perception it's REALITY.
Very little of what has happened in the past matters in the now - we learned that last fall. Yankee fans think their team is better because they've always been better... not because they ARE better.

Back
Top Bottom