Reggie Bush, On Why Miami Dolphins Struggle: “no Accountability” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Bush, On Why Miami Dolphins Struggle: “no Accountability”

It's easy for a player who was pushed out to blame the coach. He may be right, but regardless, it's not surprising to hear. I liked Reggie Bush … but he came to Miami as a good receiver out of the backfield and he never put in the reps necessary to be that in Miami. His running was fine, but we couldn't open holes for him and he was constantly hit in the backfield. But if he had maxed out his effort, he would have been a LOT better in the passing game both in pass protection and in running patterns. He had hands of stone here in Miami, and that's not on the QB or the coach.

Perhaps he wasn't held accountable, and everything Reggie is saying is true. But that doesn't change the fact that he didn't put in the effort to be great. I wish he had, because he was a very gifted runner and a lot of fun to watch.

It's easy for a player who was pushed out to blame the coach. He may be right, but regardless, it's not surprising to hear. I liked Reggie Bush … but he came to Miami as a good receiver out of the backfield and he never put in the reps necessary to be that in Miami. His running was fine, but we couldn't open holes for him and he was constantly hit in the backfield. But if he had maxed out his effort, he would have been a LOT better in the passing game both in pass protection and in running patterns. He had hands of stone here in Miami, and that's not on the QB or the coach.

Perhaps he wasn't held accountable, and everything Reggie is saying is true. But that doesn't change the fact that he didn't put in the effort to be great. I wish he had, because he was a very gifted runner and a lot of fun to watch.
I thought he was really good for us. He also was known for being one of the best practice players - putting in more overtime etc. Or are you referring to just his pass catching skills? I think he was really focused on trying to run between the tackles.

I thought he was really good for us. He also was known for being one of the best practice players - putting in more overtime etc. Or are you referring to just his pass catching skills? I think he was really focused on trying to run between the tackles.
All in all I agree, he was a gifted runner shackled by an OL that couldn't open a running lane to save their lives. But he just didn't put in the extra reps in the passing game to become a solid pass protector, and he definitely didn't do the work needed to hone his receiving skills. He came in as a versatile back and he left as a one-trick-pony. I agree, he was good here … I just think he could have been significantly better if he had tried. It's no coincidence that we took him out on passing downs, and that's unfortunate for a guy who has the ability to shine there.

no accountability from ownership when it comes time to make the tough decisions and hand people their pink slips....instead he splits the regime into scapegoats and innocent parties, the scapegoats get fired and the people cleared of blame get to stay and even get promoted.

Bush should know about what he's talking about. Wasn't he getting paid while he was in college? Where was the "accountability" there? Oh but that was good for him so he's not complaining about that.

no accountability from ownership when it comes time to make the tough decisions and hand people their pink slips....instead he splits the regime into scapegoats and innocent parties, the scapegoats get fired and the people cleared of blame get to stay and even get promoted.

I happen to think he picked the correct scapegoats this year. The biggest complaints all year were playcalling and scheme. He basically retained Grier alone, who of anyone who shouldve stayed its him if you ask me. Of course we have idea about the offensive coordinator since im not even sure what he did...paperwork maybe?

2 words. Mike Tannenbaum. He destroyed the Jets after going to back to back AFC Championship games and now he destroyed my Dolphins

All in all I agree, he was a gifted runner shackled by an OL that couldn't open a running lane to save their lives. But he just didn't put in the extra reps in the passing game to become a solid pass protector, and he definitely didn't do the work needed to hone his receiving skills. He came in as a versatile back and he left as a one-trick-pony. I agree, he was good here … I just think he could have been significantly better if he had tried. It's no coincidence that we took him out on passing downs, and that's unfortunate for a guy who has the ability to shine there.
I didn’t recall that they took him out on passing downs. I thought he was a good receiver in NO? He trashed every team he played for except for the Saints. I found that a little odd.

Bush should know about what he's talking about. Wasn't he getting paid while he was in college? Where was the "accountability" there? Oh but that was good for him so he's not complaining about that.

Honestly never thought I would see this.

His opinion is based on experience in Davie. Not as a collegiate athlete.

Oh well.

I didn’t recall that they took him out on passing downs. I thought he was a good receiver in NO? He trashed every team he played for except for the Saints. I found that a little odd.

New Orleans and Brees took full advantage of his abilities. That rug and dome helped.

It seems like after some big losses during the past decade I'd expect to get some sort of reasoning or breaking news from the coaches but the losses seemed to be taken so lightly and I'd be like where's the answer. Bush may know what he's talking about. It seems the more that players are just playing for a contract and not for the team, the more you see em looking like the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom