Releasing Kyle Van Noy? | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Releasing Kyle Van Noy?

Probably... they probably dont see the rush to cut him

There is a timeframe on when they actual have to make this cut, I have heard, or they will be forced to pay him a chunk of change. Probably the start of the league year, which is in 2 weeks.

Probably... they probably dont see the rush to cut him
Aapparently, he has a roster bonus (or some sort of payment) due on the 9th. No reason to do anything before then.

I heard speculation that he could be cut, then given another (lesser) contract.

From his reaction, I doubt that's the case though.

Trade van noy to titans for isiah Wilson RT. Titans also trying to get rid of Wilson.
Houston will want hunt in any Watson trade deal. Tunsil LT and hunt RT to protect TUA or future rookie

You being you
I like being me. Anyway I like that Flores pulls the plug on the something that’s nothing working out sooner rather than later. More coaches probably would be more successful if they weren’t afraid to admit a mistake. And you continue to be you sir.

I like being me. Anyway I like that Flores pulls the plug on the something that’s nothing working out sooner rather than later. More coaches probably would be more successful if they weren’t afraid to admit a mistake. And you continue to be you sir.
It wasn't a mistake on the hire it was needed to bring strong leadership but he did not live up to his high contract. He got $15 million to be a leader and cheerleader but he got lost on the field.

Cut bait with the team friendly Grier contract and move on.

It wasn't a mistake on the hire it was needed to bring strong leadership but he did not live up to his high contract. He got $15 million to be a leader and cheerleader but he got lost on the field.

Cut bait with the team friendly Grier contract and move on.
I doubt he was brought in at $15million to just be a leader and “cheerleader”

I'm not sure why you keep implying it was a mistake. We paid him for a year when the cap was substantially higher, when league rules dictated that we spend the money somewhere. He was a team captain. The contract was structured such that it could be terminated easily, allowing for flexibility going forward.

AVG is, apparently, ready to take in that starting role (an assumption).

We are moving on, in a year where cap space has become an issue for all teams.

Really doesn't sound like some huge mistake. Sounds wise and competent.

You want to see a mistake? Look at the Suh contract, the R. Jones contract, the Alonso contract, etc.

I attribute part of this to how Free Agency went down last year. Flores spoke openly about our lack of a edge-setting player on our roster... and then went out and signed three of them (also Ogbah and Lawson). At the time, I thought this looked like a bit of overkill, but it was a job that Flores REALLY wanted filled with players who matched his scheme.
After watching them play for a year... Van Noy was the oldest of the three, and the only one who was noticeably slowed by injuries... that and the fact that his contract was 1) the highest and 2) had a relatively painless easy-out... made the decision for him.

I'm not sure why you keep implying it was a mistake. We paid him for a year when the cap was substantially higher, when league rules dictated that we spend the money somewhere. He was a team captain. The contract was structured such that it could be terminated easily, allowing for flexibility going forward.

AVG is, apparently, ready to take in that starting role (an assumption).

We are moving on, in a year where cap space has become an issue for all teams.

Really doesn't sound like some huge mistake. Sounds wise and competent.

You want to see a mistake? Look at the Suh contract, the R. Jones contract, the Alonso contract, etc.
Then just sign him for a year. Player shouldn’t be blindsided like that. Not a good look for other possible FAs to be used up for one year when that player signed on for more years.

Then just sign him for a year. Player shouldn’t be blindsided like that. Not a good look for other possible FAs to be used up for one year when that player signed on for more years.
That's basically what they did.

Look, these contracts come with varying degrees of gaurantees. Every player and every agent knows full well what they are signing, and what the implications are.

Had the cap not been drastically reduced, things may have been different.

Do you want a FO that does what they see as best for the team, or not? You may disagree with the decision from an Xs & Os standpoint, but that's a different story.

Can't have it both ways sometimes. The team's best interests, and those of the player are rarely the same.

Back
Top Bottom