Releasing Kyle Van Noy? | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Releasing Kyle Van Noy?

I heard last night that there was a deal for a 4th round 2021 pick and our 7th round 2021 for Van Noy on the table but he went and announced he was being released! Dolphin camp not happy and now trying to package him in a deal. Little to late I'm afraid.

I heard last night that there was a deal for a 4th round 2021 pick and our 7th round 2021 for Van Noy on the table but he went and announced he was being released! Dolphin camp not happy and now trying to package him in a deal. Little to late I'm afraid.
I don't know that it really matters all that much in this case.

If a team really wanted him, they could basically have him for nothing. If he is realeased, it's his choice where he goes.

Where did you hear it? Was it framed as speculation by talking heads, or was it from a reputable source like Rappaport, Glazer etc?

Let's trade him for RT Isaiah Wilson from the Titans. The Dolphins liked him supposedly from last years draft and that would be a good trade for both.

Let's trade him for RT Isaiah Wilson from the Titans. The Dolphins liked him supposedly from last years draft and that would be a good trade for both.
He is not getting traded since he announced that he is being released so why trade if the Titans can get him for free?

If that's true I want to be mad at him for it but I'm not. He specifically wanted to come here and liked being a Fin. But we are making a business decision. And if I knew I was going to be cut, I'd attempt to play it in a way where I can decide where I'd end up too.

If we wanted to trade him for max value that badly, we should have just done it without trying to restructure and making it obvious he wasn't going to be here next year. Can't expect to have it both ways.

I don't believe random rumors. But if true, I just see 2 parties operating in their best interest.

If that's true I want to be mad at him for it but I'm not. He specifically wanted to come here and liked being a Fin. But we are making a business decision. And if I knew I was going to be cut, I'd attempt to play it in a way where I can decide where I'd end up too.

If we wanted to trade him for max value that badly, we should have just done it without trying to restructure and making it obvious he wasn't going to be here next year. Can't expect to have it both ways.

I don't believe random rumors. But if true, I just see 2 parties operating in their best interest.
Not sure about the speculation (I don't mean you specifically).

Maybe the Dolphins thought letting him have a choice was what he deserved, and the least they could do.

In any case, your last sentence was spot on, irrespective of the circumstances.

Not if the Dolphins agree to pay a part of it to do the trade.

The whole point of this parting of the ways is about saving money, I would assume, so I don't see this as very likely. Strange we've not had official confirmation of this move yet.

Back
Top Bottom