Releasing Kyle Van Noy? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Releasing Kyle Van Noy?

Baker extension and trey hendrickson incoming... Grier was smart to pay out more bonuses to Van Noy, Lawson, and Jones to have easy outs after Y1 & Y2. I'd imagine Jones will be gone after Y3.

Baker extension and trey hendrickson incoming... Grier was smart to pay out more bonuses to Van Noy, Lawson, and Jones to have easy outs after Y1 & Y2. I'd imagine Jones will be gone after Y3.

Teams are jealous as hell they didn't have the foresight to structure more contracts like this. But make no mistake . . . 4/51 was flashier than I would of pegged KVN for . . . . but that was offset by not having a fully guaranteed 2nd year.

KVN and his agent **** the bed on that one and Grier is just doing what a savvy GM should do in this situation knowing the cap is 30 million less than projected and there will be upgrades available at better prices due to the lack of available cap.

I’m going on record to say this is not a good move. The defense was noticeably different without KVN.....And not in a good way. Cutting a decent LB’er and a good leader is just not a good play. Stupid move.

Man, didn't realize he took such a low signing bonus. Guess he had faith he wouldn't be cut after one year.

Sucks for him

Teams are jealous as hell they didn't have the foresight to structure more contracts like this. But make no mistake . . . 4/51 was flashier than I would of pegged KVN for . . . . but that was offset by not having a fully guaranteed 2nd year.

KVN and his agent **** the bed on that one and Grier is just doing what a savvy GM should do in this situation knowing the cap is 30 million less than projected and there will be upgrades available at better prices due to the lack of available cap.
I'm mixed but we had to. Byron Jones is taking 20 million of the cap almost while performing average.

I’m going on record to say this is not a good move. The defense was noticeably different without KVN.....And not in a good way. Cutting a decent LB’er and a good leader is just not a good play. Stupid move.

He was his best self early in the season, when he got hurt and then came back, he was a shell of himself. That hip injury hampered him the rest of the way and was a detriment to the defense the final quarter of the season.

With the cap the way it is this year, its an understandable move. They need more dependability at that spot for 12.5 million base.

Back
Top Bottom