Releasing Kyle Van Noy? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Releasing Kyle Van Noy?

I've always been a big Van Noy fan dating to BYU where he won several bets for me. But I'm convinced you never really get to know a player until he's on your favorite team. The Dolphins were fine on defense play to play. They surrendered far too many big plays. Reducing that number has to be a priority. While I'm not the biggest Raekwon Davis fan there is no question he serves to clog the middle and limit gashing runs. Van Noy on the perimeter was the opposite. He was responsible for several of the absolute worst plays of the season, failing to fill despite being right there. He was't physical enough or seemingly interested enough. That earned wrath here and no doubt translated upstairs also. Combined with his salary and Van Ginkel's late season outbreak, we arrive at this move.

Kyle Van Noy needs to be on a near-championship level team where his occasional huge instinctive play can be all the difference in key games and key wagers.

I'm mixed but we had to. Byron Jones is taking 20 million of the cap almost while performing average.

Byron was the top FA on the market at a cornerstone position. You aren't gonna be able to get out of a deal like his after 1 year. Plus while he wasn't as good as we hoped, the defense fell apart when he was out of games. Still under 30 also where KVN was 30+

Not a move I expected, but have no issue with it. He'll be 30 this year, he has played 1, yes 1 full season in his 8 year career. It seems to me that they have a plan to replace him, or need the cap money now. Next year would have been a better release as there was an out built in where he would have counted $2.75m against the cap vs the $4.1m against the cap now. It's not my money, so no big deal to me, we'll just have to see what they do. There are going to be good LB's in free agency and in the draft. Flo coached several of them in the Senior Bowl.

Byron was the top FA on the market at a cornerstone position. You aren't gonna be able to get out of a deal like his after 1 year. Plus while he wasn't good, the defense fell apart when he was out of games. Still under 30 also where KVN was 30+
Hell Nash K I guess you missed the TDs he gave up, and coverage plays he busted. We made him the top corner.

I don’t necessarily agree with the move but I’m not losing sleep over it either. I think a lot of people undervalue him as his value doesn’t often show up in the stat sheet, but he is very obviously not a dynamic player. Meh.

WOW. Absolutely did NOT see this coming. Assumed he was a pillar for this D for a years still. Hand chosen by Flores himself. I thought he brought tremendous value to the team.

2020 PFF overall grade: 61.6
2020 PFF Top LB (Fred Warner): 88.6

Van Noy wasn't at the top. But still...

I get that we’re gonna save 9 + Milly..... I get that he did get hurt and wasn’t 100% all year. But he was a good locker-room leader and a good linebacker in a LB room that doesn’t have much talent. That’s my gripe with this move. We’re creating another hole.

This pretty much guarantees we’re taking a LB’er on day 1 or 2.

Hell Nash K I guess you missed the TDs he gave up, and coverage plays he busted. We made him the top corner.

He was the top FA CB on the market in 2020. Would of likely been franchised if Dallas' hands weren't tied with Dak.

His contract was in line with what Miami paid him . . . absolutely.

If AVG takes KVN's role... who then takes AVG's? Biegel, Eguavoen, the cat in the hat, who?
I think we sign a vet to take KVN role (younger, for less money) and let the Ginkster continue to grow at what he's been doing. And draft LB(s).

Maybe this mean they keep X and draft a linebacker.

Maybe he restructures to stay and mentor? hes a little slow but I still liked him on the team.

Back
Top Bottom