Remaining Schedule | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remaining Schedule

There are no ez matches, we must not take our foot off the gas. I’m just loving watching us were playing decent ball.

Keenan Allen and Mike Williams are going to offer a challenge for sure but I was also searching for anything nice to say about them... LOL
Denver is two weeks away as much as I don't want to i get the feeling the snow will move in before we get there.

The thing for me is after the past 20 or so years it is really hard to look at the remaining schedule and not see the landmines of past coaching staffs and poor play and chalk up wins against almost any team... I cant seem to set my expectations above where my PGSD left them... and to think I am actually a positive fan...
I know the feeling man. Miami has let us down so many times over the years I don’t think I’ll ever fully trust them. It will take years of them being good before I have full confidence they’ll win (if ever).

I don’t give a **** about Allen or Williams. What have they ever done in the league? That doesn’t mean Miami wins by 50 but I think Arizona has more talent at the skill positions.

I know the feeling man. Miami has let us down so many times over the years I don’t think I’ll ever fully trust them. It will take years of them being good before I have full confidence they’ll win (if ever).

I don’t give a **** about Allen or Williams. What have they ever done in the league? That doesn’t mean Miami wins by 50 but I think Arizona has more talent at the skill positions.
Well, yeah. Arizona is loaded at WR.

We just need to be 1-0 this week and take it from there. We still have a long way to go. the Oline is young and needs to get better. We're hurting at WR and RB. Our defense has allowed over 900 yards of offense in the last two weeks(and yet we won) so while I'm very happy we've been winning this team is far from perfect and needs to keep on improving.

I'm still bracing for Miami to "lose a game they shouldn't" which they haven't so far as they've pummeled inferior teams effortlessly. Winning games consistently every week is hard to do and I wouldn't be surprised if Miami slips up against one of Broncos, Chargers, or Bengals. But I'd say 9-3 is very likely before KC.

XACTLY. EVERY good team loses a game they shouldn't and Miami has made it SOP for far too long. It's one thing to say the schedule gets easier. It's another to 'expect' wins. I admit I'm still scarred by Fin hx. Add in the D survived the Rams TOP and running constantly to catch KM. And two emotional wins at that. we'll see how the team responds.

Love you all but I never understood fans that say "one game at a time" ..were not playing lol it's fun and exciting as hell to think about the "what ifs"

Until you land flat on your a$$ because you were too premature in your "fun!"

Since I am just a fan , its totally okay to look ahead or even way ahead haha.

Honestly I think we can go on a tear here and get to 9-3 before the Chiefs game.

Both sides are correct. It is one-game-at-a-time. Anything can happen in any game. But, some of the people riding that horse were the same ones who predicted 2,6,9 wins. Clearly not one-game-at-a-time. Those now predicting 4-0 i the next 4 are doing nothing different.
At the same time, it can be a slippery slope. It's one thing to what-if remaining games. It's another to start calculating play-off chances depending on a series of what-if's. Miami has been through two consecutive emotionally draining games, the D has played all out, and the Chargers are not a bad team. I have no problem with what-if's as long as the don't morph into 'probably.'

We just need to be 1-0 this week and take it from there. We still have a long way to go. the Oline is young and needs to get better. We're hurting at WR and RB. Our defense has allowed over 900 yards of offense in the last two weeks(and yet we won) so while I'm very happy we've been winning this team is far from perfect and needs to keep on improving.
There are concerns but hell you must have had a little smile on your face once we got that last 1st down. This time last year we were a disgrace to this league apparently.

Our success to this point has been, I believe, due to Flores keeping these guys focused on one game at a time.
With every snap, That is gaining more experience, and the defense is honing their skills.
I don't have any predictions about future games, but I do hope for a playoff spot.

The whole "one week at a time" thing really is coachspeak. It keeps the players focused on the team at hand. It can, however be translated to fans.

As a middle aged man who's been a Fin fan from birth, I've seen my share of disappointing EVERYTHING from our beloved team. So, now that it "feels" different this time I can understand the thirst to watch our team exceed expectations.

One could argue anything over six wins has exceeded quite a few expectations already. I swear one thread early this season had some of our family wondering where 4/5 wins were coming from all season. We have to give credit to the boys and Sir Flo. The test will come when teams actually stop taking us lightly and that will happen from now on I’m guessing.

Anyone who wants to get mad at those who don't want to get too excited and just want to take it a game at a time....we're the Dolphins. We've had two playoff berths since 2001. And I've seen some teams show some good stuff in that stretch and still come up empty. I've seen us only have to beat bad teams to make the playoffs and get their butts kicked by those bad teams. I enjoy each Dolphins win dearly but I don't take successful seasons for granted.

Back
Top Bottom