remember when we passed up brees for Fletcher... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

remember when we passed up brees for Fletcher...

Despacio said:
Brees struggled his forst two years in SD. No doubt he would have moved on to another team by now if drafted by Miami.

But why complain, the time is now, and now Brees seems like a perfect fit.

I certainly am not complaining. I even stated I welcome him.

Just stating the facts that if Rivers doesn't holdout Brees might be out of a job today.

I would love for him to come to Miami.

Its all good my friends. If Brees came here Wanny would have surely ruined him and sent him packing. Now the planets have aligned and Brees is ready for a ring and has a chance to come play for our fins. I hope it happens. So it is written, so it shall be done. This is how it was meant to be.

SweetLou said:
Its all good my friends. If Brees came here Wanny would have surely ruined him and sent him packing. Now the planets have aligned and Brees is ready for a ring and has a chance to come play for our fins. I hope it happens. So it is written, so it shall be done. This is how it was meant to be.

WOOHOO

Let the gentle Brees flow through sunny Miami for years to come bringing us that ever coveted Lombardi Trophy.

One day this will be turned into a movie

ohall said:
That's not how it went. JJ moved out of the original draft spot before he knew who was going to be available with the original pick.
Not only that but JJ said many times that if he had stayed at 19 that year he'd had taken Vonie Holliday and not Moss and of course we now have him anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
Not only that but JJ said many times that if he had stayed at 19 that year he'd had taken Vonie Holliday and not Moss and of course we now have him anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

And what was the name of that receiver Jimmy drafted later on the first day that was going to be better than anybody in that draft? Shannon something ...can't remember the last name.

Eshlemon said:
And what was the name of that receiver Jimmy drafted later on the first day that was going to be better than anybody in that draft? Shannon something ...can't remember the last name.

Larry Shannon?

The only man to ever be injured more than Yatil Green?

i can still remember jumping up and screaming "TAKE TODD HEAP YOU IDIOTS! TAKE TODD HEAP!!!!!!!!" then...."WHO THE F IS JAMAR FLETCHER? WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER CORNER? WHY GOD WHY!!!!! TODD HEAP? DREW BREES? NOOOOO, JAMAR F-ING FLETCHER!" needless to say, it was not a good draft day for me.

Nick13 said:
i can still remember jumping up and screaming "TAKE TODD HEAP YOU IDIOTS! TAKE TODD HEAP!!!!!!!!" then...."WHO THE F IS JAMAR FLETCHER? WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER CORNER? WHY GOD WHY!!!!! TODD HEAP? DREW BREES? NOOOOO, JAMAR F-ING FLETCHER!" needless to say, it was not a good draft day for me.

Im glad we have McMichael instead

I just remember thinking..."We already have two great corners why waste a pick"

By the way, where was fletcher predicted to go in that draft?

Despacio said:
Brees struggled his forst two years in SD. No doubt he would have moved on to another team by now if drafted by Miami.

But why complain, the time is now, and now Brees seems like a perfect fit.

No reason to think he would have shined like he did in San diego. He has better weaopns here.

I remember throwing my remote at the couch when we drafted Fletcher over Brees. In the past I look forward to draft day and it has usually been a dissapointing day. We take Eddie Moore over Boldin and K Washington I went into mall cursing. I remember hearing from Tennesse and became excited only to hear wrong player. I hated the Whitley and Smith picks when we could have had Chris Simms in the bottom of the third. Taking Vernon Carey and trading a pick while passing on Wilfork gave me reason to puke. My favorite draft was when we got Madison in the second and Taylor in the third both guys I had rated as first round talents. Too bad Yatil green was our first pick. I wanted Jamie Sharper or Dewayne Rudd.

Finsletmedown said:
remember we passed up Moss for Avery? thanks Jimmy....

Remember when we drafted Zach, Taylor, Madison? Thanks Jimmy.

SuperMarksBros. said:
remember when we passed up anquan boldin for eddie moore? thanks wannspiel

Remember when we drafted ummm.. damn... Thanks wannspiel!

(Only drafted players to come out of that was Chambers and McMichael.. Sad.

fletcher is a UFA.....and to tall you the truth he might thrive in saban's system.....i think it'll be funny if we get him back

Back
Top Bottom