remember when we passed up brees for Fletcher... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

remember when we passed up brees for Fletcher...

redhead said:
Was that a mistake? we flipped Fletch for Boston..., and he has been stellar don't cha think...?

That was more of a financial decision than anything. Boston didn't cost us much and you can hardly blame him for having injuries. It was certainly worth the risk.

Nick13 said:
i can still remember jumping up and screaming "TAKE TODD HEAP YOU IDIOTS! TAKE TODD HEAP!!!!!!!!" then...."WHO THE F IS JAMAR FLETCHER? WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER CORNER? WHY GOD WHY!!!!! TODD HEAP? DREW BREES? NOOOOO, JAMAR F-ING FLETCHER!" needless to say, it was not a good draft day for me.
Yeah, I remember that day. I still have to apologize every time I walk into a certain bar because I threw a beer at the TV.

Finsletmedown said:
remember we passed up Moss for Avery? thanks Jimmy....

Moss had some big issues and many teams passed on him. However, the Avery pick was a mystery

I remember it well. I also remember the smashed remote all over my TV room...... Not to mention, it was repeated when Eddie Moore was drafted.......KABOOM !!!!!!!!!

Nick13 said:
i can still remember jumping up and screaming "TAKE TODD HEAP YOU IDIOTS! TAKE TODD HEAP!!!!!!!!" then...."WHO THE F IS JAMAR FLETCHER? WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER CORNER? WHY GOD WHY!!!!! TODD HEAP? DREW BREES? NOOOOO, JAMAR F-ING FLETCHER!" needless to say, it was not a good draft day for me.

It was a bad draft day for you, for me and for all the dolphins fans on the planet

jlfin said:
Moss had some big issues and many teams passed on him. However, the Avery pick was a mystery

I thought I had heard a story that Dan Marino had some influence in NOT going after Moss. But I am probably wrong so just correct me, don't flame me please.

i was incredibly happy when bress fell to our slot, i thought anybody with any football iq realized that fiedler wasn't the answer at quaterback and was just there to fill a year (*ehhem* gus *ehhem*)

i remember reading fletcher's scouting report . . . real slow! i was super angry, but i think we got chambers in that draft . . .

DolphinDevil28 said:
Larry Shannon?

The only man to ever be injured more than Yatil Green?

That's the guy! Thanks. Jimmy had some real bad luck on those WR picks.

MarinoFan4Life said:
He would've been awful in our system anyway... Wannstedt might have drafted him, but he would've ruined his career within 2 year...
here here:cooldude:

Wanny would have taught Brees all the techniques for throwing the pick-6 and Drew would be playing in Canada by now.

Larry Shannon was our second 3rd round pick in '98.

We had two in that round.

Back
Top Bottom