Report: Dolphins & Miami-Dade County Strike A Deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins & Miami-Dade County Strike A Deal

It's a step in the right direction. Referendums are a scary thing. It happened here with the Islanders and they are leaving for Brooklyn. Hopefully with the mayors support, this can get pulled off.

Sorry dude, but I welcome the Islanders to Brooklyn. Don't worry, we'll take good care of your franchise :chuckle:

If this is approved and goes to vote it's pretty much a go.

Sorry to say but the average voter is not educated in the ins-and-outs of economics. Basically they will be presented with the "if you want a new stadium for the Dolphins vote yes" speeches.

Not to get too political, but just look at half the crap that gets voted on by people never realizing that even "free" stuff comes at a price.

I don't think most voters in Miami are gun-ho about anything that involves so called "new taxes" even though they won't pay that tax. The local media is LIB leaning and I doubt they will give all the pro's if the bill was to pass. They will focus on Loria and how he screwed Miami and of course the whole 1% nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I heard it, Ross will be paying back the money anyway eventually.

He is the only NFL owner to do this type of thing.

The tax doesn't affect the locals so you really have to try hard to find reasons to vote against this

Is this a stand alone referendum or is it tied in with other issues? If its stand alone I can't imagine many from either side showing up but I think the "yes" side will be the more passionate voter (season ticket holders, business employers/employees directly affected, homers, etc) and will be the ones showing up to vote. I predict the "yes" side to win easily even though they may not be the majority.

This was going to happen. There was never any doubt.
Can we focus on the team and NFL draft again?

This was going to happen. There was never any doubt.
Can we focus on the team and NFL draft again?
Don't be so sure, my young Jedi. The problem is getting people to vote in favor of the deal and I don't see that happening.

Clicked on the link in the OP...

Here's the title of that article:

"Miami-Dade County & Fins Not Close to Deal"

:bobdole:

Stephen Ross just announced the agreement. He is actually paying for 70% of the renovations, much more than any of us originally thought.

Stephen Ross just announced the agreement. He is actually paying for 70% of the renovations, much more than any of us originally thought.

Thats definitely a good thing.

The bad in it is that a new stadium seems like a pipe dream at this point. I think Ross covering 70% probably gets the referendum passed. Lets hope the renovations are good.

Back
Top Bottom