Report: Dolphins & Miami-Dade County Strike A Deal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins & Miami-Dade County Strike A Deal

Stephen Ross just announced the agreement. He is actually paying for 70% of the renovations, much more than any of us originally thought.

So no need for a referendum then? When are these renovations slated to be started and finished?

5da3b431-1.gif

look what a face

I am just really hoping they have a way to get seats closer to the field. From the renderings I have seen it almost looks like they have some movable seats on one side. Not sure how they will do it, but to me that has always been the fatal flaw with the stadium.

The agreement is just another step for the referendum vote to happen, not in place of it. The local voters can still screw this deal up.

Yea because voters should have no say how the local government uses funds lol

Yep. I only live one county north of miami dade but even then I'm not gonna tell people in miami-dade county how to run their city/county.

I mean if the voters approve it fine but I just love how people want to act like if they dont they are stupid.

I mean if the voters approve it fine but I just love how people want to act like if they dont they are stupid.

You think paying for 30% is some how a bad deal?

lol

You think paying for 30% is some how a bad deal?

lol
My personal feeling is the nfl and its owners should pay for their own stadiums but I said before at that level its an ok deal but I was talking about people downing the people that actually live in this county making decisions about where tax dollars are going 5 million of which would go back to dolphins in tax rebates under this deal.

My personal feeling is the nfl and its owners should pay for their own stadiums but I said before at that level its an ok deal but I was talking about people downing the people that actually live in this county making decisions about where tax dollars are going 5 million of which would go back to dolphins in tax rebates under this deal.

Lol amazing

not sure what you find amazing. The public should not subsidize privately owned sports stadiums but I said the deal was ok .

Your constant SPIN!

You say all the time the NFL, the team and the city should do a 33% split. The Dolphins pickup 70% of the deal and you still find a way to spin away, and to poo poo the deal. The Dolphins are taking on more than the NFL and the teams split and you still complain. You should be praising the Phins, yet there you are. They do more than x2 what you asked for, but there you are poo poo'in it.

That is beyond amazing.

Your constant SPIN!

You say all the time the NFL, the team and the city should do a 33% split. The Dolphins pickup 70% of the deal and you still find a way to spin away, and to poo poo the deal. The Dolphins are taking on more than the NFL and the teams split and you still complain. You should be praising the Phins, yet there you are. They do more than x2 what you asked for, but there you are poo poo'in it.

That is beyond amazing.

I said what I believe the split should be and that also included asking for no new funds until money is paid back. I said its an ok deal. I still firmly believe that public money should not pay for privately owned sports stadiums.

I said what I believe the split should be and that also included asking for no new funds until money is paid back. I said its an ok deal. I still firmly believe that public money should not pay for privately owned sports stadiums.

Got it. When the Dolphins do more than you ask it's still just ok!!!

And even though you think it should be a 33% split the city should still get a pass. I'm sure to you that magically makes sense...

Got it. When the Dolphins do more than you ask it's still just ok!!!

And even though you think it should be a 33% split the city should still get a pass. I'm sure to you that magically makes sense...

Your the one that thinks cities should pay for private enterprises endeavers Im not. They already get a substantial tax rebate.
Hell the Falcons owner has a deal with the city only paying 20 percent of the new stadium and Im still not a great fan of that

Back
Top Bottom