Report: Lions, Titans among teams showing interest in Kenyan Drake | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Lions, Titans among teams showing interest in Kenyan Drake

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Titans are turning into Dolphins 2.0 if they pick up Drake........

The Titans and Lions are among several teams who have talked to the Dolphins about Kenyan Drake, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports.

The Dolphins want at least a fourth-round pick for the running back, per Jackson, but the offers thus far haven’t been anywhere close to that.

The Dolphins got a fourth-round choice for Jay Ajayi in a 2017 trade with the Eagles.

Drake is in the final year of his contract, scheduled to make $2.025 million in base salary.

With the Dolphins tanking, and Drake scheduled to become a free agent in March, it makes sense for Miami to deal him if they can get anything worthwhile for him.

But will they? Or will they settle for anything they can get?

Drake leads the Dolphins with 47 carries for 174 yards, but his 3.7 yards per carry this season is the lowest of his career and exactly a yard short of what he averaged per carry in his first three seasons. He has 22 receptions, which is second on the team behind receiver Preston Williams, for 174 yards.

ProFootballTalk: Report: Lions, Titans among teams showing interest in Kenyan Drake
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...among-teams-showing-interest-in-kenyan-drake/

you have to take what you can, if they offer you a 6th at best just take it. he's going to be a free agent next yr & your not going to get any comp picks for 2021 because were going to spend a **** load of money in 2020.

This coaching staff clearly don't want Drake anyway so get what you can before losing him for nothing. I think Grier would take a 5th and that's why he's holding back. This should get done. We might not get a good player with that 5th round pick but we're getting nothing once he leaves as a free agent so might as well try getting something for him and see if we can get a solid player in the draft.

you have to take what you can, if they offer you a 6th at best just take it. he's going to be a free agent next yr & your not going to get any comp picks for 2021 because were going to spend a **** load of money in 2020.

I’ll trust them...they have done wellin recent trades.

Just keep him. He’s a good player and you probably won’t have to pay him a lot based on this years performance since the team stinks so bad.
I think Walton pretty much took care of any interest we would have had in resigning Drake...

This coaching staff clearly don't want Drake anyway so get what you can before losing him for nothing. I think Grier would take a 5th and that's why he's holding back. This should get done. We might not get a good player with that 5th round pick but we're getting nothing once he leaves as a free agent so might as well try getting something for him and see if we can get a solid player in the draft.
Those late rd picks are always good to use when maneuvering around in the draft. Used to sweeten up deals at a low cost. Take the pick...

Rather just keep him if a 6th is all that is offered. If he doesn’t re-sign in the offseason, we will get that in a comp pick for him.
I doubt we would get a comp pick for him, very few teams he would be used as a feature back, especially in the league's use of a two-back rotational system. Some may not like to hear it but he's nothing special, look at some of the later-round rookie running backs, they are tearing it up.

Back
Top Bottom