Report: Manning had a 4th surgery on his neck | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Manning had a 4th surgery on his neck

To each his own but I don't think it's a GOOD sign that his neck bones in the same area where he's had bulging discs and necessary cervical fusion, are flaking away like a french pastry.

Agreed. Was worried about taking Manning before this new report came out. If accurate, I would take him off our FA board for good. Too risky.

With his history of neck surgeries, he could easily end up being paralyzed. Know the facts!
His surgeries weren't about losing the ability to walk, they were about not having the proper strength to throw the football! If you really think that he is one hit away from being paralyzed why in hell would he even attempt to come back! Think about it!

His surgeries weren't about losing the ability to walk, they were about not having the proper strength to throw the football! If you really think that he is one hit away from being paralyzed why in hell would he even attempt to come back! Think about it!

He shouldn't come back, but he's a workaholic, who won't give up the game until someone makes him. If you really think that having 4 neck surgeries doesn't make you much more prone to permanent spinal injury, then you need to do more research.

I do not want Payton for many reasons. He is not one hit away from being paralyzed any more than any other player is. He had two vertibrates fused together making them one. Once the bone is healed, it will be just as strong as the the rest of his bones except he will not have any motion in that joint (because there is no longer a joint). With that being said I dont want him because of other reasons having to do with the injury and surgery (Range of Motion, Arm strength) and MONEY. To big of a risk.

I do not need to do any research, I'm walking research. I have had spinal fusion.

He shouldn't come back, but he's a workaholic, who won't give up the game until someone makes him. If you really think that having 4 neck surgeries doesn't make you much more prone to permanent spinal injury, then you need to do more research.

Peyton's not any more prone to being paralyzed than any other QB, his problems are in his nerves from his neck going down to his shoulder. It's already been said in multiple reports that he is in no more danger to be paralyzed than he was before.

One good shot in that neck area and Peyton will be eating his dinners through a straw as he is drooling out of the corner of his mouth while he sits in his wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Everyday I want Manning less and less, BUT a bone spur is much less severe than the other neck surgeries he's had. I take xrays and you'll see little spurs all the time, especially on the hands and feet. I guess one in the neck might be more detrimental. But I wouldn't let this one surgery sway my decision one way or another

The reality is if Peyton was Peyton, we would not be having this discussion, he would be staying with the Colts. He's not, and hopefully Ross realizes that.

Though I dont beleive he is a hit away from being paralyzed any more than any other NFL player, 4 surgeries on any part of one's body is not good, in one year - worse, and more scheduled in the future, even worse.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Technically, everyone is one hit away from being paralyzed. So he is "technically" correct, but ...big deal.

We should all be listed as "day to day".

so irsay says his team doctors say he is not cleared, but now will take him back. then we get this nugget. This is the time that media makes plays day after day. I still say Peyton will choose what he wants to do and I do not see how any team would like to sign him right now. peyton doesnt have to say anything. He can just let Irsay's move speak for itself without talking. Colts are in cap hell as far as signing key guys.

The truth will come out eventually and all this "he really had four surgueries" crap wont mean much. He either can throw the football or he cannot. He may not be able to right now. He may be able to in 6 months with the same velocity. no one knows. Manning knows where he stands. Noone else does, so for Manning to be out there working at it tells me he thinks he can throw it and if not 100% now, it will eventually be. Otherwise, he will retire.

Back
Top Bottom