Report: Rex Ryan to Bills as head coach | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Rex Ryan to Bills as head coach

week 16 was meaningless for Miami too and they won that one. Marrone did a better job than Philbin w/ what should be a worse QB. If Orton is better than Ryan you guys are in big trouble.

And Buf was pretty much out of it after week 11. Orton didn't play any better than he had in the past with Denver or Chicago. You may not think he has progressed enough, but Tannehill has improved every year.
I'm not big on Philbin. This team should have made the playoffs the last two years. We'll see what happens next year. Worst case, we don't make it again and will be in the same spot the Jets are in right now. Minus Geno. :lol:

And Buf was pretty much out of it after week 11. Orton didn't play any better than he had in the past with Denver or Chicago. You may not think he has progressed enough, but Tannehill has improved every year.
I'm not big on Philbin. This team should have made the playoffs the last two years. We'll see what happens next year. Worst case, we don't make it again and will be in the same spot the Jets are in right now. Minus Geno. :lol:

No they weren't, they weren't out of it until they lost to Oak week 16.

minus Geno meaning you'd have to pay Tannehill big money for Geno results:lol:

No they weren't, they weren't out of it until they lost to Oak week 16.

minus Geno meaning you'd have to pay Tannehill big money for Geno results:lol:

Mathematically, but they didn't realistically stand a chance. I don't think there is a QB in the league that can match Geno's results. With the QB free agent market, you guys have a lot to look forward to. :)

Mathematically, but they didn't realistically stand a chance. I don't think there is a QB in the league that can match Geno's results. With the QB free agent market, you guys have a lot to look forward to. :)

They had a realistic chance, as it turned out would have lost out to Bal on 2nd or 3rd tiebreaker.

Yet he still outshines Ryan when they meet in Miami.

there is one good FA QB but I don't think he's coming back, he may go to Buf and guarantee them a playoff spot.

They had a realistic chance, as it turned out would have lost out to Bal on 2nd or 3rd tiebreaker.

Yet he still outshines Ryan when they meet in Miami.

there is one good FA QB but I don't think he's coming back, he may go to Buf and guarantee them a playoff spot.

You just said it. They still wouldn't have made it. They were never in a realistic spot to make the playoffs.

Too bad when they meet in Miami, Geno and the Jets have a losing record and are long eliminated from the playoffs. If the Jets can get someone else to play QB for the other 15 games of the season, the Jets might make the playoffs next year.

He can guarantee them a playoff spot just like he did with Philly.

You just said it. They still wouldn't have made it. They were never in a realistic spot to make the playoffs.

Too bad when they meet in Miami, Geno and the Jets have a losing record and are long eliminated from the playoffs. If the Jets can get someone else to play QB for the other 15 games of the season, the Jets might make the playoffs next year.

He can guarantee them a playoff spot just like he did with Philly.

It was very realistic, Baltimore was losing in the 4th qtr in week 17.

too bad Geno outplayed him in the biggest game of Ryan's career and kept Miami out of the playoffs yet again.

Philly's D stunk,, Buffalo's D does not stink. Mark gave his team a chance, elevated that offense but giving up 30+ PPG is a hard way to win.

It was very realistic, Baltimore was losing in the 4th qtr in week 17.

too bad Geno outplayed him in the biggest game of Ryan's career and kept Miami out of the playoffs yet again.

Philly's D stunk,, Buffalo's D does not stink. Mark gave his team a chance, elevated that offense but giving up 30+ PPG is a hard way to win.

Just because Bal was losing early in the 4th, doesn't mean Cleveland with Conner Shaw at QB had a realistic shot of beating Bal. Buf wasn't making it, even with a win against Oak which I think possibly changes the outcome of the NE win.

Funny how you talk about Geno keeping Ryan out of the playoffs when Ryan led the team to 24 points, and in the very next sentence blame Philly's D when Sanchez led Philly to 24 points including a crucial interception that cost them the game.

Just because Bal was losing early in the 4th, doesn't mean Cleveland with Conner Shaw at QB had a realistic shot of beating Bal. Buf wasn't making it, even with a win against Oak which I think possibly changes the outcome of the NE win.

Funny how you talk about Geno keeping Ryan out of the playoffs when Ryan led the team to 24 points, and in the very next sentence blame Philly's D when Sanchez led Philly to 24 points including a crucial interception that cost them the game.

clearly they had a realistic shot and I am not sure how 3 way tiebreakers work but Buffalo would have had a shot anyway. looking back Bal would still get it but at the time Bal wasn't favorite to get it, other teams lost.

Huh? Ryan T led his O to SEVEN points against the Jets needing to win to get in. You were eliminated this year when Miami scored 24 pts(only 3 in 2nd half on 97 yd run by the way).

Dave George ‏@Dave_GeorgePBP 1m1 minute ago
Bills pretty slick bringing Rex to Boca Raton to close deal. Better recruiting trip than inviting him to franchise's actual location in Jan.

:chuckle:

clearly they had a realistic shot and I am not sure how 3 way tiebreakers work but Buffalo would have had a shot anyway. looking back Bal would still get it but at the time Bal wasn't favorite to get it, other teams lost. Huh? Ryan T led his O to SEVEN points against the Jets needing to win to get in. You were eliminated this year when Miami scored 24 pts(only 3 in 2nd half on 97 yd run by the way).

That is the point. Other teams were in better position than the Bills from week 11 on. Even with a win against the Raiders, the Bills still wouldn't have made it.

The way you phrased this made me think you were talking about this year's game

I've derailed this thread enough for today. You can keep Geno, and I'll stick it out with Ryan and see what happens. :up:

I love how it's hard for a qb to win, when the defense gives up 30ppg, when talking about his lover, but when it's a rival qb/team, it's because the qb can't step up. because, you know, the dolphins defense gave up more than 32ppg in the last 6 games.

That is the point. Other teams were in better position than the Bills from week 11 on. Even with a win against the Raiders, the Bills still wouldn't have made it.

The way you phrased this made me think you were talking about this year's game

I've derailed this thread enough for today. You can keep Geno, and I'll stick it out with Ryan and see what happens. :up:

Actually, IIRC, if the Bills won their final four games, they were in the playoffs.........

Thus far, Rex has brought three offensive assistants from the Jets with him. This is exactly why I am glad the Dolphins opted not to go in Rex's direction. He obviously sees no issues on the offensive side of the ball. Bills are going to waste a lot of talent over the next several years. But the press conferences will be entertaining. :rolleyes:

Actually, IIRC, if the Bills won their final four games, they were in the playoffs.........
There were 5 AFC teams that were 7-5 at that point, and I'm not sure where the Bills sat in regards to all the tie breakers with those teams. I do know that at that point SD was 8-4 and taking up 1 WC spot, and Miami (7-5) was ahead of the Bills for the other WC spot because of a better division record. So, even if the Bills won all of their remaining 4 games, they needed at least Miami to lose to make the playoffs. I am not saying that there were not scenarios that could have happened for the Bills to make the playoffs. I just remember when I looked through the different scenarios needed for some of the AFC teams, I never thought that the Bills had a realistic shot at making it. Once Miami lost to Bal, I thought the same thing about them.

Thus far, Rex has brought three offensive assistants from the Jets with him. This is exactly why I am glad the Dolphins opted not to go in Rex's direction. He obviously sees no issues on the offensive side of the ball. Bills are going to waste a lot of talent over the next several years. But the press conferences will be entertaining. :rolleyes:

What's new? He has always wanted a ground and pound team. If the Bills are able to run the ball well, and he gets that D to another level, they will win some games even with EJ and QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Our O's weren't bad when we had talent, Buffalo has talent and he brought in a new OC.

Back
Top Bottom