Report: Rey Maualuga working out and Signs for Dolphins | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Rey Maualuga working out and Signs for Dolphins

Salegaro was right, we probably should have waited till week 1 to sign a LB so we're not on the hook for the full Vet min contract but at 615K that's dirt cheap. I guess we'll probably get what we pay for.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article168173967.html

Maybe, I don't know, other LB's were being signed because of injuries- at least two others. I dont think we could guarantee someone would be available at that point or with cuts if someone would get through waivers to us.

If a better option presents itself later still think they could move on it.

Man people just love to find a negative with everything. Guess we should have stayed put or signed Sheppard back....

Nice opt out option if someone more coveted comes available or if he turns out to be a M.I.L.F. (Maualuga I'd Like to Fire).

Otherwise, I'm grateful they signed him. Hope the climate and culture refresh him.

Rolando got arrested again a few months ago here in Hartselle about 300 yards from my house. Marijuana and carrying a pistol without a permit.

Misdemeanors...but he hasn't changed. Football is not a priority at all for him.
And I remember you saying that he wouldn't change. You nailed that.

Like it or not he's a far better option than Mike ****ing Hull. I knew this team would regret passing on Zach Brown. What do you expect them to do at this point, though? Best option available.

He'll play two downs and be somewhat effective.

Man people just love to find a negative with everything. Guess we should have stayed put or signed Sheppard back....

I don't know about everyone else but I'm ecstatic knowing I can look foreword
to his 25-30 tackles and about 30% of all offensive snaps and I'm being optimistic

Any time you don't have to count on Hull as a starter it's a win. Don't hate Hull as a player, but I just don't see him as an NFL starter... barely see him as 53 man roster player.

Maybe Cam Wake will show Rey the way to extreme longevity in the NFL. At this point, we are reaching for a few miracles. Perhaps a resurrected Rey Maualuga will be the beginning.

Next up....Jake Brendel starts at guard and beats out Zach Martin for the Pro Bowl.

Maybe Cam Wake will show Rey the way to extreme longevity in the NFL. At this point, we are reaching for a few miracles. Perhaps a resurrected Rey Maualuga will be the beginning.

Next up....Jake Brendel starts at guard and beats out Zach Martin for the Pro Bowl.
That would never happen. With OL more then any other position, name recognition wins votes

Good pickup. Experienced vet for minimum salary. Fresh scenery is good for some experienced players (and vice versa..but I'll ignore that for the moment) .

The Miami Dolphins are signing veteran Rey Maualuga to a one-year contract, a move meant to reinforce a linebacker corps following the loss of rookie Raekwon McMillan to a season-ending knee injury.

Maualuga is expected to be the team’s middle linebacker, playing primarily on run downs.

Maualuga, 30, agreed to a deal that will pay him $900,000 in base salary (the minimum for a ninth-year veteran). The Dolphins will invoke the minimum salary benefit, which essentially means the nine-year veteran will count $615,000 against the team’s salary cap.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article168173967.html

Back
Top Bottom