Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Didn't do diddly for Poe so let's hope this one doesn't get off the hook.

If Miami signs him I will support it and trust the FO ... hope he is a stud for the Dolphins. However I am a UNC fan and watched him each year in college. He has always been athletically superior but his play on field has always been just average. I understand he had a good year in Buffalo and I would love nothing more than for him to be one of those late bloomers who take their careers to the next level. IMO Miami would be better off drafting a LB in round 1 or 2 but who knows.

If Miami signs him I will support it and trust the FO ... hope he is a stud for the Dolphins. However I am a UNC fan and watched him each year in college. He has always been athletically superior but his play on field has always been just average. I understand he had a good year in Buffalo and I would love nothing more than for him to be one of those late bloomers who take their careers to the next level. IMO Miami would be better off drafting a LB in round 1 or 2 but who knows.

I'm with you. The draft this year is too deep at LB to not take advantage of it.

It's been closer to the truth than most. I just think people don't like him because he doesn't give us the all positive news. But when he sees stuff that's good, he says so. He waited to see Gase style b4 commenti, once he felt it was positive, he's Gase biggest supporter. He'll Gase staff called out players, the very same ones that Omar were calling out the year before. So I'll give Omar the benefit of a doubt, he's earn that with me for being more correct than wrong. Other reporters see the blackslash and give fluff stories and you guys don't call them out for reporting the real deal with the team. Omar opinion is much better than a lot of beat writers report. I'd rather hear his opinion and then see how it plays out. And from I seen on the field, his opinion has proven to be correct about 87-93% of the time. No other writer dare tell us their opinion because of backlash. I like Omar giving it regardless.

I don't like him because he gets personal and very judgmental. Facts are one thing, opinions are another.

Starting LBs of Timmons, Brown and Alonso would not preclude me from taking a LB with our first or second pick if the right guy is sitting there

I think the front office is handling free agency in such a manner that they can actually draft BPA, and not have to worry about dire needs come draft day. That doesn't mean they will have anything more than adequate players at every position, and far from ideal at some, but I agree with you that signing Brown wouldn't take LB early off the table any more than I think TE early is off the table if the best value come draft day is a player at one of those two positions. We aren't signing long term answers at either of those positions, and don't have them at DE or guard either.

I think the front office is handling free agency in such a manner that they can actually draft BPA, and not have to worry about dire needs come draft day. That doesn't mean they will have anything more than adequate players at every position, and far from ideal at some, but I agree with you that signing Brown wouldn't take LB early off the table any more than I think TE early is off the table if the best value come draft day is a player at one of those two positions. We aren't signing long term answers at either of those positions, and don't have them at DE or guard either.

It's looking like OL and S could be top priorities in rounds 1 and 2

Friendly reminder. This thread is not about Omar, I understand he reported this. But we are not debating if we like Omar or not.

Glad Jenkins is gone. Let the raiders count on a guy that you can't count on. Always hurt and never made any plays anyway. I do give him credit for trying to play hurt. He did try but having this guy Brown would be an upgrade imo and really sets us up for the draft.

Ozzy rules!!
It would be our luck that Jenkins plays 16 games for the Raiders this yr.

Not that it really matters, but Omar didn't break this story.

Zach Brown's college teammate leaked the story and has given updates throughout the way. Omar was the first local beat writer to reiterate the rumor.

If we sign Brown then LB is off the board for our #1 pick.

Why? If the premiere talent is LB at 22, I dont see the the combination of youth, talent or long term commitment with Alonso or Timmons (cant judge Brown since he's not even under contract) to pass on it for a "need pick". I agree with the earlier poster, and it aligns with comments from the FO, that they are trying to position themselves to take the BPA in the first 2 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom