Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Still DE and LB rd 1 and 2 in some combination I would think.... things really havent changed.

do you think his agent or the Fins would waste everybody's time with a $$$separation of 7 mil per year? I would think visits are scheduled with the idea that each party knows a ballpark of what the other is willing to pay. I think a separation of 3-4 mil might be the norm but 7... hmmm

5m
Jamal Womble‏ @ReadytoWomble
Zach Brown in Buffalo but will take more visits, doesn't seem to be in a rush to sign, weighing all options. Miami still in it. So is Oak

Hard to believe we truly are still in it for him... but this womble dude is the most accurate source right now so who knows

Womble makes it sound like we are the preferred team after that last tweet. We just need to get closer with the $, but I don't see it happening.

Attachments

• IMG_1492.PNG
    IMG_1492.PNG
    434.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
Denzel Perryman

I'd like to trade for Denzel Perryman and put him at middle linebacker.

wasn't jordan always to small to play end or they just made him too big and too slow? I don't like misi but he's a good backup, didn't hoops say this would be a bad signing now that we have kiko? best not to play guys out of position, we've seen what that does to players way too many times, most recent being maxwell when he was allowed to play press he played good otherwise pretty bad... he's a press corner but they used him for mostly anything but. That 4th round guard we drafted always played lg in college, never once got a chance in the pros, they even wanted him to be a center, when will they learn?

Best route now is the draft imo, draft a position fit lb the first round for strongside and add another one for depth maybe in the 5th and we're set for lbs, that way if jordan doesn't pan out we can cut him in training camp and we know at least we tried. If he works out we still have a young very athletic lb(at his normal size) that can rush the passer which aren't exactly easy to find. Remember wake, I know they are two completely different people character wise, but nobody gave wake a chance coming into the league, they said oh he did it in the cfl, so he def couldn't do it in the nfl, if he didn't get held on every possession he would likely have 20 sacks a year.

Same thing with dion, people are saying he has no chance, but he's never been given a fair shot here, he was always forced to play out of position, bulk up, hasn't been used right once, betting he got caught for roids, he looked way too big than when he entered the league, which could have been the teams fault for trying to push all that extra weight on him to play a position he was never meant to in the nfl, he should have probably been at lb from the start. Chad Johnson was a dummy but he did say one smart thing, most of players success comes from how teams use them, if they're used how they should be they will usually be successful, when they're used how they shouldn't be they usually don't have careers.

Teams misuse players all the time because lots of teams, and definitely in the recent past this team are and have been very stupid, players will usually give it their best shot, not all of them are great players that will get there no matter what, a lot of them need a fair shot, and we praise players who don't stand up for themselves and just take the company line and hate on players when they do when it's their careers and big money at stake for them. Most people on here didn't like Mike Wallace for standing up to that idiot philbin, i was proud of him for it, it was damn time somebody did, that fool was dragging our team through the mud year after year and getting rewarded for his endless incompetence.

All Mike was saying was to pass him the ball more because he knew him and tannehill could do special things together, but joe was so intent on 2 yard passes and never taking risks every play instead of trying to actually score which thill and wallace were getting pretty good at doing when they were given chances. Wallace was never a bad signing, how they used him was a joke, which was act like teams are supposed to instantly give you cushion if you have a speedy guy on your team even if you never throw to him and then blame the player for asking to be able to do what he signed up for. Teams only respect what you make them respect, same as people, its just how things go.

Only reason teams fear the patriots so much is because they know bill will take those risks if you try to play ultra safe against him where most teams won't do that, that's why you always see teams lay down against the patriots, they go in there expecting to lose every time. Same thing happened in the sb, falcons got ****y and played safe when they had a big lead and surprise, they lost, was no suprise to me, i expected it once i saw that big lead at half time. Gase is only starting to learn the necessary aggression to playcalling bill has known forever, thankfully he gets other things that may help him eventually get to bills level, next step, protecting tannehill and holding the defense/dc accountable this year.

do you think his agent or the Fins would waste everybody's time with a $$$separation of 7 mil per year? I would think visits are scheduled with the idea that each party knows a ballpark of what the other is willing to pay. I think a separation of 3-4 mil might be the norm but 7... hmmm
Per Mando, The Dolphins didn’t sign Brown, per sources familiar with the visit, because the linebacker and his new representation agency is hoping to get a multi-year deal that pays the player market value for a good NFL linebacker. And even though the linebacker market is depressed this year, that means around $5-$6 million per year on average. The Dolphins are nowhere in the ballpark. Think $3-$4 million per year. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article140028413.html#storylink=rss

Per Mando, The Dolphins didn’t sign Brown, per sources familiar with the visit, because the linebacker and his new representation agency is hoping to get a multi-year deal that pays the player market value for a good NFL linebacker. And even though the linebacker market is depressed this year, that means around $5-$6 million per year on average. The Dolphins are nowhere in the ballpark. Think $3-$4 million per year. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article140028413.html#storylink=rss

So paying Kiko 7m a season is completely fine, but 6 mil/year for a superior player is out of the question. Makes sense.

So paying Kiko 7m a season is completely fine, but 6 mil/year for a superior player is out of the question. Makes sense.

Yea . . . One guy has Cuban Heritage and will probably make Stephen Ross all his money back just via marketing. The other one remains unsigned, a history of having a ****ty attitude and makes a fool of himself on Twitter bashing other players playing in the playoffs as he watches from his sofa. Certainly the attitude Adam Gase wants to bring into the lockerroom.

:rolleyes2:

If we don't sign Brown then it sucks for the offensive line for me. I'm drafting LB, DE, and FS in the first two rounds. Better find a way to get another pick in round 2 or 3. We really need to plug in one more hole before the draft. This is our chance.

If we don't sign Brown then it sucks for the offensive line for me. I'm drafting LB, DE, and FS in the first two rounds. Better find a way to get another pick in round 2 or 3. We really need to plug in one more hole before the draft. This is our chance.

Not really. Miami doesn't keep 3 LBs on the field very much.

They have the 2 that will be together 90% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom