Reports From CHI Joint Practices | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reports From CHI Joint Practices

This is such a horrible take. Why anybody believes in this nonsense is baffling.

Has BYU produced a worthwhile QB this millennium? Nope. But somehow you do a 180 and tout Zach Wilson.

Until Josh Allen, what was Wyoming’s track record? Or Clemson‘s before Deshaun Watson? Has Michigan produced anything since Tom Brady? Better not go there either.

Someone better tell Quinn Ewers and Bryce Young that they should just give it up already since they play for programs w/o a track history of producing top NFL QB’s in recent memory. :rolleyes:

The notion that any player is predisposed to fail due to the school they‘ve chosen is among the dumbest things ever.
How about Florida, Florida State, Georgia,Nabraska,Notre Dame,Penn State. These are top notch programs. That really don't produce top tier QB's. Maybe one or two every 25 to 30 years.

You obviously haven't watched Zach Wilson play. He has "it" You'll see what I'm talking about in due time.

First off, dismissing someone as uninformed or in this case accusing them of not seeing Zach Wilson play simply because they may disagree with you about him is among the worst tactics to employ. Among numerous things, it reveals a bigoted POV.

Secondly, I never once suggested that Zach Wilson can’t play. He may very well develop into the best QB in the league for all I know.

What I did was point out the flaw and hypocrisy in the argument you made against Justin Fields.

Instead of accepting and acknowledging your hypocrisy, you instead decided to create a straw man. I never once made an argument against Zach Wilson becoming a capable or even a great QB.

Unlike you, I won’t dismiss Zach Wilson’s chances (as you‘ve done to Justin Fields) or write off his NFL career before it has even begun simply because BYU hasn’t historically been an NFL QB factory.

That’s among the more ridiculous arguments to be made.

How about Florida, Florida State, Georgia,Nabraska,Notre Dame,Penn State. These are top notch programs. That really don't produce top tier QB's. Maybe one or two every 25 to 30 years.

Quite honestly, you can point to almost any collegiate program and say the same thing. There are a very limited amount of starting QB positions to be had in the NFL each season. Only 30. And there are hundreds of college programs churning out new prospects every single year. Meanwhile a majority of NFL teams tend to have their QB position filled for 5-15 years. And just making it in the league for spell doesn’t qualify one as a success.

In today’s era, which program(s) could realistically be considered a true QB factory? It’s easy to identify the programs that are known for producing receivers, running backs, lineman, linebackers and DB’s. But QB’s are altogether different.

At one time Notre Dame was a QB factory. Same goes for USC. And “The U”. But ND and Miami haven’t been that for a long, long time. And neither really has USC, although they have produced some decent QB’s this millennium.

If you look around the league today and point out the top QB’s, how many originated from programs known for producing top level NFL QB’s?

Patrick Mahomes played a Texas Tech. Not a QB factory. Aaron Rodgers from Cal. Not a QB factory. Deshaun Watson from Clemson. And now Trevor Lawrence. Until those two, Clemson wasn’t known as QB factory either.

Josh Allen played for Wyoming. Definitely not a QB factory. Justin Herbert is out of Oregon, a program that really hasn’t produced a worthwhile QB since Dan Fouts back in the 1970’s and Norm Van Brocklin nearly 25 years before him. Russell Wilson played at NC State and Wisconsin. While producing the occasional stud, neither is known for producing great NFL QB’s.

We can go on and on through history. Peyton Manning from Tennessee. Tony Romo from Eastern Illinois. Terry Bradshaw from Lousiana Tech. Roger Staubach from Navy. Dan Marino from Pitt.

Point is, you can make the argument about most programs. Some never produced a noteworthy QB until they finally did. And the history of the program beforehand didn’t prevent it from occuring.

I think that’s your opinion. As if, Sewell, alone would have been the savior for the entire group.

Nope! Not part of this campaign.

Right. Not only do we not know how successful Sewell is going to be, the odds of him alone magically fixing the overall deficiencies of the o-line are not high.

It’d also take another player or two making a significant positive impact for it to happen. Adding one really good player surely can make a difference and help cover for others. But on it’s own it isn’t enough.

And, again, we don’t even know if Sewell qualifies as a really good, impactful player at this point in his career.

Same goes for Jaylen Waddle. If he ends up being the explosive, impactful player we all hope, it’s still gonna take others to drastically improve MIA’s offensive output.

Tua has to show improvement. And the likes of Fuller, Wilson and Parker are going to have to play well. As is the o-line to provide the time for those players to get open.

I think that’s your opinion. As if, Sewell, alone would have been the savior for the entire group.

Nope! Not part of this campaign.
Yes it's my opinion

But it's not implying we made the wrong choice

It's just too dang bad that this team started getting better RIGHT when the Jets got Zach Wilson. Gosh, we won't beat them for another decade.

Did you guys even see him play Troy this no-defense Covid season? It's over for us.

Right. Not only do we not know how successful Sewell is going to be, the odds of him alone magically fixing the overall deficiencies of the o-line are not high.

It’d also take another player or two making a significant positive impact for it to happen. Adding one really good player surely can make a difference and help cover for others. But on it’s own it isn’t enough.

And, again, we don’t even know if Sewell qualifies as a really good, impactful player at this point in his career.

Same goes for Jaylen Waddle. If he ends up being the explosive, impactful player we all hope, it’s still gonna take others to drastically improve MIA’s offensive output.

Tua has to show improvement. And the likes of Fuller, Wilson and Parker are going to have to play well. As is the o-line to provide the time for those players to get open.
My point was not to say we should have taken Sewell.

What I was saying is, down the road, 3 , 4 years from now, we won't be questioning if we took the right WR.

I believe Waddle was the best choice at WR for our team.

I was saying, if this pick is ever questioned down the road it won't be because we picked the wrong WR
It will be because we didn't take the linemen.

As of now, Waddle appears to be electric, and his chemistry with Tua looks legit.

But if in week 12, we are seeing Tua getting sacked multiple times a game, no running game and Eichenberg doesn't cut it, I believe the decision will be questioned.

If eichenberg is legit then absolutely no room for question lol

But if my predictions come true there will be no questions.

Waddle-OROY
Tua- MVP candidate

This is such a horrible take. Why anybody believes in this nonsense is baffling.

Has BYU produced a worthwhile QB this millennium? Nope. But somehow you do a 180 and tout Zach Wilson.

Until Josh Allen, what was Wyoming’s track record? Or Clemson‘s before Deshaun Watson? Has Michigan produced anything since Tom Brady? Better not go there either.

Someone better tell Quinn Ewers and Bryce Young that they should just give it up already since they play for programs w/o a track history of producing top NFL QB’s in recent memory. :rolleyes:

The notion that any player is predisposed to fail due to the school they‘ve chosen is among the dumbest things ever.

Taysom Hill who really isn't a QB w/ NOLA

I think he's probably stating that OSU qb's have had a system that works in college, but there is no denying they have put out zero. However, does that mean he will not be good? No. He's got insane tools. There were definitely things he struggled with last year. Physical defenses gave him fits. That's true for most qb's though. Most college qb's don't have to make multiple looks in the pocket. He has insane tools. Again, when there is a track record of qb's having massive success in college and failing in the pros, being cynical is fair but it does not equal failure.

ZW benefitted from Byu's 2020pandemic schedule... No more. No less

Making spectacular plays against UTx-San Antonio, Texas St, etc... is not the same as doing it week after week in a P5 conference

You obviously haven't watched Zach Wilson play. He has "it" You'll see what I'm talking about in due time.
His mom definitely has "it". I've seen "it" in her interviews. She's a classy broad.

Seriously though, you are talking out your ass. No one knows if any player in the entire draft will be successful until they've played, usually after several seasons.

Trubisky was seen as the better QB than Deshaun Watson after his first two seasons. We all know that isn't true now.

I'm glad you think you've got some hidden gem knowledge after watching a few youtube highlights.

Back
Top Bottom