review of roster from this and last | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

review of roster from this and last

Uh.............no ..............he Is A Run Stuffer......

sports24/7 said:
I doubt anyone will be making Super Bowl claims. In fact even though alot of fans on this board are optomistic, most people will probably pick us last in the East. So unlike other years, going 9-7 would be an accomplishment. It is true though that on paper means nothing and we will have to wait until the season to see just how good this team can be. There are also a ton of variables with this team like: How will Feeley do? Will he even win the job, and if not how will Frerotte do? Does RW come back? How good is Ronnie Brown? Can Houck turn this line into a decent unit? Will Boston have a healthy year? Can someone step up and be a capable replacement for Surtain? How well can this team adapt to the 3-4 when it is used? and more. If a good amount of these variable turn out positive we could contend. If not we could be sub-.500 again.

This Dolphins team can be a Super Bowl team. Ruling that out at this point is as silly as ruling out a 1-15 season. Coaching and team chemistry are so unpredictable and important. It's not like baseball where you might be able to add components and know what you're getting most of the time.

nyjunc said:
:roflmao: :lol: :lol: :roflmao: Come back to Earth will you please?

You're naive if you think any of the teams in the league are incapable of being next year's Super Bowl teams. This is a tough league. You guys can easily be the next bottom feeder. Think about it. Can you imagine what things would look like if Martin went out and you guys were stuck with Blaylock? At the same time, you guys could be the Super Bowl team.

Did you predict the Falcons last year, smart guy? How about the Chargers? The Steelers? If you didn't, I'd suggest you might want to back away from your position slowly and hope everybody forgets it. I NEVER said the Dolphins will be a Super Bowl team, much less a playoff team. I said they could be. I'll stand by that statement for ANY team in the league.

nyjunc said:
:roflmao: :lol: :lol: :roflmao: Come back to Earth will you please?

Says the guy with :lol: Justin McCareins as his avatar. Now thats rich. :lol:

J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck.

You're naive if you think any of the teams in the league are incapable of being next year's Super Bowl teams. This is a tough league. You guys can easily be the next bottom feeder. Think about it. Can you imagine what things would look like if Martin went out and you guys were stuck with Blaylock? At the same time, you guys could be the Super Bowl team.

I agree teams can go from good to bad and bad to good in a hurry BUT you will not be one of those teams. First off you have no QB and a medicore OL, secondly you have an overrated Defense that is a little worse w/o Surtain. Third you play in the toughest division in football. Expect improvement- maybe 7 or even 8 wins if things break perfectly but don't go overboard w/ the expectations.

Did you predict the Falcons last year, smart guy? How about the Chargers? The Steelers?

I have to go back and check but did any of thise teams make the SB? By the way, I did pick Atl to be good and Pitt to be ok. The common theme in all 3 was they played in bad divisions and had good QBs. You can say Brees wasn't good going into the season BUT at least he had shown ability 2 years prior which Feeley has never shown.

I said they could be. I'll stand by that statement for ANY team in the league.

And I believe that is insane. Sure we have had some teams come from bad to good quickly but the rams had a ton of young talent and should have been good a year or 2 earlier, NE still had a ton of players leftover from a SB team and they had this QB that stepped in, the Ravens were hovering around .500 for a few years. The dolphins are not immensely talented, they don't have a Tom Brady waiting in the wings and they don't have a Baltimore defense. They WILL improve but they have zero chance at the SB, I don't even think they have a shot at the playoffs let alone the SB. A year from now I'll be syaing different things as I think next year you'll be ready to make a nice leap but this year don't get your hopes up. Be happy if you improve and look to the future.

Dolfan1000 said:
Says the guy with :lol: Justin McCareins as his avatar. Now thats rich. :lol:

J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck.

OOOOOK. Whatever that means :rolleyes:

nyjunc said:
I agree teams can go from good to bad and bad to good in a hurry BUT you will not be one of those teams. First off you have no QB and a medicore OL, secondly you have an overrated Defense that is a little worse w/o Surtain. Third you play in the toughest division in football. Expect improvement- maybe 7 or even 8 wins if things break perfectly but don't go overboard w/ the expectations.

You're way off on this O. At worst, we have Gus running things. Gus is a very nice upgrade over Fiedler. I'll again cite to the Chargers and point out we have a very young bunch of players on the OL. There's no way you know how good this OL will be at this point.

You're actually right on about this D. We're returning only 3 sure starters (Thomas, Taylor, Madison). Lots of people don't see that around here for whatever reason.

I don't buy this "toughest division" talk. It was all about what divisions are played. That's just how it works with the way the schedule works these days. I frankly fear the AFC West teams more than I fear any of the East teams.

I have been clear about my expectations. I expect between 6 and 10 wins because that's what the most likely outcome is for any NFL team. Nobody knows if we're special or crap at this point.

I think it's funny you suggest Miami has no Tom Brady waiting in the wings. Talk about irony there. I know we don't have a young second stringer, but you're dismissing Frerotte's potential to follow the Gannon career path by citing to a QB NOBODY saw coming. That's darn funny.

You're way off on this O. At worst, we have Gus running things. Gus is a very nice upgrade over Fiedler. I'll again cite to the Chargers and point out we have a very young bunch of players on the OL. There's no way you know how good this OL will be at this point.

this is still Gus Frerrotte, at his best he was mediocre and his best days are long behind him. He's not much of an upgrade over Feeley except he has experience.

I don't buy this "toughest division" talk. It was all about what divisions are played. That's just how it works with the way the schedule works these days. I frankly fear the AFC West teams more than I fear any of the East teams.

That's silly considering we have the Champs in our division, another team that was a missed kicked from the AFC Title Game and the 3 rd team that missed the playofs by a game. You guys finished 5 games out of 3rd place, that's a lot of ground to make up.

I think it's funny you suggest Miami has no Tom Brady waiting in the wings. Talk about irony there. I know we don't have a young second stringer, but you're dismissing Frerotte's potential to follow the Gannon career path by citing to a QB NOBODY saw coming. That's darn funny.

Before Gannon exploded he was an efficient starter, Gus has only been a starter for 3 years and that was '95-'97 and he wasn't good. Gannon started 3 years in Minny in the early 90s and was ok then had a good year in KC before going to the Raiders in '99, he exploded in '01 which was his 3rd yr in Oak. If you expect Frerrotte to be Gannon you are really setting yourself up.

Jaj said:
You don't know anything about Tebucky Jones then if you think he's slow. Hopefully we sign Lance Schulters.

I also think Tebucky Jones is going to have a great season playing in his correct position. This will be an upgrade according to this chart.

Jimmy James said:
This is all fine and good, but remember that Redskins fans thought they had a Super Bowl team a couple of those first years when Snyder bought the team and made big roster renovations. Pro football is an unpredictable game. We won't know if we're a contender, an also ran, or somewhere in between until the players take the field.

well when you are 4 and 12 the previous year and you upgrade your roster the only way to go is up. 8 and 8 at a min. with ricky we are 10 and 6.

dolphinman23 said:
DOESNT THIS EXCITE YOU !!!!!!!

No, this just depressed this S*** out of me.. Looks like we can stop the run all day, but everyone is gonna pass on us all year long :fire:

nyjunc said:
this is still Gus Frerrotte, at his best he was mediocre and his best days are long behind him. He's not much of an upgrade over Feeley except he has experience.

That's silly considering we have the Champs in our division, another team that was a missed kicked from the AFC Title Game and the 3 rd team that missed the playofs by a game. You guys finished 5 games out of 3rd place, that's a lot of ground to make up.

Before Gannon exploded he was an efficient starter, Gus has only been a starter for 3 years and that was '95-'97 and he wasn't good. Gannon started 3 years in Minny in the early 90s and was ok then had a good year in KC before going to the Raiders in '99, he exploded in '01 which was his 3rd yr in Oak. If you expect Frerrotte to be Gannon you are really setting yourself up.

YOu're right about the East being toughest division. The bills and jets are definitely solid. The QB thing could go either way, as a rival fan you are just assuming it will go the worst and we are assuming it will go a better way. It's natural. You turn your head to Feeley's potential that has shown. (ie. beating the Pats, which is something Pennington couldn't do.) As far as the missed kick, the jets were a missed kick away from being knocked out in the wildcard round if you want to look at things that way.

You turn your head to Feeley's potential that has shown. (ie. beating the Pats, which is something Pennington couldn't do.)

I can't get excited about a game that was completely meaningless to the Pats. Also, let's not forget that Chad was the last QB to lead his team to a victory at Foxboro.

I'm not sold on Feeley, will he be better? Yeah I think so but can he be good enough this year? I doubt that, fix the OL and get him more experience and I think he could be ok in '06.

As far as the missed kick, the jets were a missed kick away from being knocked out in the wildcard round if you want to look at things that way.

yeah but we were a boneheaded play away from winning in regulation too, we definitely deserved to win that game.

nyjunc said:
I can't get excited about a game that was completely meaningless to the Pats. Also, let's not forget that Chad was the last QB to lead his team to a victory at Foxboro.

I'm not sold on Feeley, will he be better? Yeah I think so but can he be good enough this year? I doubt that, fix the OL and get him more experience and I think he could be ok in '06.

yeah but we were a boneheaded play away from winning in regulation too, we definitely deserved to win that game.

It was meaningless to a degree but remember that at that point homefield advantage was still a possiblity for them, so completely meaningless is not accurate. And its not like they had the second team in there. It was a primetime game also, and any defending champion has to want to win on primetime against a struggling last place division rival.

I'm not sold on Feeley either, but I can't completely ignore some of the upside he has shown along with his growing pains. I'm not familar with Frerotte, I have no idea whether or not to expect much from him.

Back
Top Bottom