Revis Speaks: Fractured Locker Room Ran Deep | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis Speaks: Fractured Locker Room Ran Deep

at least we've had a chance to win the conf title the last 2 years, something Miami hasn't had a chance to do in 20 years.

Chances mean nothing if you can't get the job done. Granted, the Dolphins haven't had the chance at the playoffs, let alone conference champs, but it's not like they were expected to reach those lofty goals (unfortunately) like the Jets were. The Jets have been a trendy Super Bowl pick for the past few years by the media and especially according to your HC's lofty expectations and have come up short every time. This past season has just proven that the Jets can't talk their way to success and now their failures are causing havoc in Jets land.

Actually making it into the superbowl, (not sniffing it particularly where reality seems closer only when in the rear view mirror), especially when the post season consists of more than 3 games in the competitive post-merger era, is and should be the final arbiter of a franchise's successes and futility!

Actually making it into the superbowl, (not sniffing it particularly where reality seems closer only when in the rear view mirror), especially when the post season consists of more than 3 games in the competitive post-merger era, is and should be the final arbiter of a franchise's successes and futility!

How successful is a franchise w/ 1 postseason app since 2002 and 1 postseason win since 2000?

How successful is a franchise w/ 1 postseason app since 2002 and 1 postseason win since 2000?

2 division championships since 2000 is better than 1, right? From 2000 to the present (when the Dolphins have been at their low point in franchise history), the Dolphins still managed to win as many AFC East division Championships as the Jets have in their entire history as a franchise. Outside of a CC and a SC, those are the only things that count. Sure the playoff ride is fun, but if you don't win it all, no one else cares outside of the team's own fans.

About as successful as a team with no conference championships in that same time period. Again, you've all had some success getting there, but it doesn't mean a thing if you can't get to the big game. Last I checked, the league doesn't hand out trophies for making it to the conference championships.

i'd have to say objectively:

"a team that actually made it to 5 post-merger,SBs, winning 2, all of them consisting of more than a 2 game playoff season in the competitive post merger era is a helluva lot more successful than one who never made it to one in a post season that consisted of more than 2 games" :idk:

Look, we get it. In the narrowed time frame you ALWAYS use against us, Miami hasn't been good. But fact of the matter is the only thing the Jets have to show for it is piece of paper with stats. That's it. And let's face it unless a team wins the Super Bowl, that is all the playoffs are, after the fact stats and a gage for who MIGHT make it back the following year.

And I am sure you will brush this off as a fan of a team who has sucked for years just trying to diminish the Jets accomplishments, but that is the truth. Until the Jets, Dolphins or the Bills have a trophy or a ring to show for all their hard work everything else is just numbers on a piece of paper.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 division championships since 2000 is better than 1, right? From 2000 to the present (when the Dolphins have been at their low point in franchise history), the Dolphins still managed to win as many AFC East division Championships as the Jets have in their entire history as a franchise. Outside of a CC and a SC, those are the only things that count. Sure the playoff ride is fun, but if you don't win it all, no one else cares outside of the team's own fans.

so go back 2 years earlier and make it since '98 and we have 2 div titles too. The difference is we made the title game off the '98 div title game and we crushed the Colts 41-0 in '02. You guys beat Indy in OT in '00 before getting crushed by oak then were humiliated at home after the '08 div title.

I don't care if anyone else cares, I enjoy playoff games, I enjoy the excitement and anticipation that builds w/ each playoff win. No I haven't seen my team reach the SB but it's about the journey not the destination.

About as successful as a team with no conference championships in that same time period. Again, you've all had some success getting there, but it doesn't mean a thing if you can't get to the big game. Last I checked, the league doesn't hand out trophies for making it to the conference championships.

It's funny, back when Miami used to make the playoffs almost every year throughout the 90s and early 00s I heard how "at least the dolphins made the playoffs" from dolphin fans but now it means nothing and we have been competitive unlike Miami in the 90s and 00s in postseason. I enjoy every postseason app, I enjoy every chance to make a SB run whether it happens or not.

i'd have to say objectively:

"a team that actually made it to 5 post-merger,SBs, winning 2, all of them consisting of more than a 2 game playoff season in the competitive post merger era is a helluva lot more successful than one who never made it to one in a post season that consisted of more than 2 games" :idk:

Your last SB win was 1973(ours 1968), you only have 2 SB wins.

Your last SB app was 1984(and in typical dolphin fashion they were humiliated)

You have ZERO playof wins since 2001, you have one playoff app since 2002.

The jets are quite simply the Clippers of New York.

The dolphins are the Mets of Miami.

And my team could be going on 6 decades without a Superbowl appearance ...

70s, 80s, 90s, 00s- that's 4 and yo guys are on 2 w/ no end on sight.

the Giants run NYC

The heat run Miami.

Dustin keller chimed in, let's see you guys spin this one:

Tight end Dustin Keller said on Thursday that he firmly believes that Sanchez is the team’s long-term solution at quarterback. He also took exception to one player’s claim that Sanchez was “lazy and content” on the practice field because he knew that Rex Ryan would never bench him.

“The truth: 100 percent… he is the hardest worker I know,” Keller said. “You tell me. If we’re going thru 9 on 7, we go thru 7-on-7. And in between all these team segments, he’s over there throwing (passes) and he’s getting guys from here and there… You tell me who the hard worker is. He’s the hardest worker we have. He gets to the facility earlier than everybody. He leaves later than everybody.”

Keller believes that Sanchez unfairly shouldered the bulk the blame this season even though there were plenty of other elements in play.

“I was talking to Coach (Tom) Moore,” Keller said about the team’s offensive consultant. “He told me, ‘Dustin, you have to realize every time Nolan Ryan would go out there, people would expect him to pitch a no-hitter. In baseball, the only factors are the pitcher and the batter. There’s no other factors. The quarterback has to worry about getting knocked on his *** from his blindside. He has to worry about the safety cutting the route, worry about this guy running the right route. But yet people still expect him to pitch a no hitter. … That’s opened up my eyes. If a guy’s getting beat on the offensive line, that’s one thing. If a guy’s not running the right route, that’s one thing. If the guy doesn’t catch the balls, that’s another thing. There’s so many different things like that. We need to be more consistent for him.”

“He’s one of the most consistent guys on the team,” Keller added, “But he won’t get that recognition until he’s surrounded by guys that have that same mentality and that know their jobs inside and out every single week.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/je...-disputes-teammates-criticisms-of-quarterback

There's more:

"(Holmes) felt really bad with the way things went down, and he loves being a Jet," Keller said today in the Super Bowl XLVI host city, where he was promoting MetLife Stadium and the launch of the insurance company's new ad campaign during the Super Bowl. "He wants to continue to be a Jet, and we want to have him."

Keller also said Sanchez and Holmes have spoken to each other in the aftermath of the 8-8 season without a playoffs bid. Players including LaDainian Tomlinson have painted a stark picture of the locker-room chemistry breakdowns, which peaked when Holmes fought with a teammate in the huddle at Miami. Keller held him back, and Holmes was benched for the final minutes of the game.

"They're going to work out their differences," Keller said. "Just a tough way that the season went out, and the biggest problem they really have is just having to answer questions. That's why I say things are just so blown out of proportion. They're cool with each other, they know they need to fix things, and they will. They’re going to have more time working with Santonio in the offseason, but they're going to have to continue to answer the questions for a little while."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Back
Top Bottom