Rewatched Episode 1 and new interesting things stood out for me this time around. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rewatched Episode 1 and new interesting things stood out for me this time around.

MarshallFin1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The quarterbacks
- Garrard, looks old and slow, fatigued constantly, struggling to keep up out there. As our #1 qb i would like for him to have better chemistry with our 1's and i just dont see it.
-Moore, Clumsy, fumbling as usual.
-Tannenill, Looks comfortable out there, accurate, has great velocity on his throws, and super athletic. I dont know what it is but as soon as tannenhill comes out on to the field its like everybody is a little more excited with him out there because he is hopefully going to be the new face of this franchise soon. In my opinion there is no doubt tannenhill is the best qb and the best chance of success for this team this year but clearly philbin wants him to win the job, which is why garrard is listed as the #1. Philbin wants him to earn it, and not just hand him the keys to the vehicle. When you earn that brand new car, you take better care of it, you value it more, you feel like its yours because you earned it. If someone just gives u a new car, you have a different way of looking at it and dont value it as much. Overall, philbin has a plan for tannehill and its going to work it self out in preseason. Some other franchises around the league are just giving the keys to there 1st rd qbs because they were 1st round picks and i am glad thats not how philbin is doing it.

Running backs
Bush- Hes gotta protect that football better, vontae didnt even try to strip him and that ball came out easily. It was just a wrap up and bush easily fumbled it. Didnt see much of him yet so cant say much.
Havent seen DT, or miller yet.

CB
Vontae- a little outta shape but i think part of this is because of bad habits from our previous regime. I think he will be fine and is still our most valuable Defender.
Sean smith- havent seen him, anyone heard anything?

Mike sherman seems to be philbins right hand man, which is great because sherman has head coaching experience and philbin doesnt.

Overall garrard and moore are a waste of a season, tannehill has to be the guy. Cam newton started for the panthers, why cant tannehill?

Be reminded you only see what they showed. What if the Garrard scenes were from the end of practice when he IS tired and Tannehill's are from the beginning?

Vontae disgusted me. Even moreso when the narrator pointed out that he was gassed. He looked gassed to and he was (along with the rest of the defense) was gassed in the first game last year. He's a total deusch for allowing this to happen two years in a row and if he doesnt get better I do not want to see him on the field, as a starter anyway.

Vontae disgusted me. Even moreso when the narrator pointed out that he was gassed. He looked gassed to and he was (along with the rest of the defense) was gassed in the first game last year. He's a total deusch for allowing this to happen two years in a row and if he doesnt get better I do not want to see him on the field, as a starter anyway.

LOL relax its "TRAINING CAMP"..

This is what it's FOR

Be reminded you only see what they showed. What if the Garrard scenes were from the end of practice when he IS tired and Tannehill's are from the beginning?

Why must we play the "blame hbo" game?? tannenhill is a a top 10 1st round pick, garrard and moore are career backs up, why is it so impossible that he is just that much better than them? 2+2 = 4, its not rocket science.

thats on the conditioning staff, if these guys aint in shape than there not doing what there suppose to be doing to be in shape. Again, this problem goes back to last year, we had a conditioning issue last year also. Maybe a new conditioning coach is not a bad idea. You also have to remember vontae was injured a few weeks ago and sat out for awhile.

I am all for starting Tannehill when the staff thinks he is ready and can handle it. Trying to come to conclusions from a HBO TV show is a waste of time.
Garrard is old and Moore is clumsy..we all knew that 6 months ago.

thats on the conditioning staff, if these guys aint in shape than there not doing what there suppose to be doing to be in shape. Again, this problem goes back to last year, we had a conditioning issue last year also. Maybe a new conditioning coach is not a bad idea. You also have to remember vontae was injured a few weeks ago and sat out for awhile.

Its not on the conditioning staff if, 1) The same thing happened in previous years, 2) If he was accused of being lazy in college, and most importantly 3) he is the only one that looked completely gassed out there... I didnt see CJ getting gassed, I didnt see RB getting gassed, I didnt see Odrick getting gassed when he hit Moore... No, it isnt on the conditioning staff, this one is on the player.

The quarterbacks
- Garrard, looks old and slow, fatigued constantly, struggling to keep up out there. As our #1 qb i would like for him to have better chemistry with our 1's and i just dont see it.
-Moore, Clumsy, fumbling as usual.
-Tannenill, Looks comfortable out there, accurate, has great velocity on his throws, and super athletic. I dont know what it is but as soon as tannenhill comes out on to the field its like everybody is a little more excited with him out there because he is hopefully going to be the new face of this franchise soon. In my opinion there is no doubt tannenhill is the best qb and the best chance of success for this team this year but clearly philbin wants him to win the job, which is why garrard is listed as the #1. Philbin wants him to earn it, and not just hand him the keys to the vehicle. When you earn that brand new car, you take better care of it, you value it more, you feel like its yours because you earned it. If someone just gives u a new car, you have a different way of looking at it and dont value it as much. Overall, philbin has a plan for tannehill and its going to work it self out in preseason. Some other franchises around the league are just giving the keys to there 1st rd qbs because they were 1st round picks and i am glad thats not how philbin is doing it.

Running backs
Bush- Hes gotta protect that football better, vontae didnt even try to strip him and that ball came out easily. It was just a wrap up and bush easily fumbled it. Didnt see much of him yet so cant say much.
Havent seen DT, or miller yet.

CB
Vontae- a little outta shape but i think part of this is because of bad habits from our previous regime. I think he will be fine and is still our most valuable Defender.
Sean smith- havent seen him, anyone heard anything?

Mike sherman seems to be philbins right hand man, which is great because sherman has head coaching experience and philbin doesnt.

Overall garrard and moore are a waste of a season, tannehill has to be the guy. Cam newton started for the panthers, why cant tannehill?

Are you sure your just not seeing what you want to see? It just seems so psychological to me with the "old man" Garrard thing.

Easy on Matt Moore.

Garrard refered to Tannehill as "the people's QB". A coach more or less refered to Moore as "the players QB". Where does that leave Garrard?

No one wants Garrard to start. At least no one should. Tannehill is the #1 pick and the big prospect, Moore is the reigning team MVP, and Garrard just blows.

Why must we play the "blame hbo" game?? tannenhill is a a top 10 1st round pick, garrard and moore are career backs up, why is it so impossible that he is just that much better than them? 2+2 = 4, its not rocket science.
Insightful...David Garrard the career backup up who started in Jax for 5 1/2 years having 73 starts from 2005-2010.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say you were a Tannehill fan and Garrard/Moore hater before you even watched Hard Knocks?

I really wish they wouldn't show vontae talking...I realize this is really harsh but he sounds like he's borderline retarded

LOL relax its "TRAINING CAMP"..

This is what it's FOR

Just concerning because there is a history behind and this coaching staff looks like they arent going to put up with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom