Rewatched Episode 1 and new interesting things stood out for me this time around. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rewatched Episode 1 and new interesting things stood out for me this time around.

Your review is lopsided and biased At the end of you post where you mentionned Cam Newton.... I will finish your sentence as well: If Newton can start as a rookie than Tannehill can start as well.......

It is crystal clear that Garrard has outplayed both Moore and Tannehill. Your statement about him being tired, old is nonsense..

It is obvious that you are a Tannenill supporter... I am too.. But the coaches know more than the 2 of us..

Easy on Matt Moore.

Garrard refered to Tannehill as "the people's QB". A coach more or less refered to Moore as "the players QB". Where does that leave Garrard?

No one wants Garrard to start. At least no one should. Tannehill is the #1 pick and the big prospect, Moore is the reigning team MVP, and Garrard just blows.

It appears coach Philbin is perfectly fine with Garrard being the starter. Really, the only vote that counts. The assistant coach that referred to Moore as "the players QB" also said it wouldn't take much time for Garrard/Tannehill to become that. It is only b/c Moore is the only QB out of the 3 that was on the roster last year.

The lack of respect Matt Moore gets around here despite doing more with less than most any other QB we've had under center is just ****ing ponderous. Guess although Henne is gone the residual resentment for Matty showing him up festers on. :idk:

Bush dropped a ball in a highlight focused show. Vontae is out of shape to a point, but with these practice sessions and the new way of doing things I don't think conditioining will be an issue. Last year was worst case scenario. Shortened offseason due to lockout and a piss poorly managed training camp. All the issues you bring up are based on a small amount of clips edited for dramatic effect. The only thing I am taking out of Hard Knocks is entertainment as a fin fan and some minor glimpses of the personalities and make up of the guys in charge and some of our players and lifes off the field. Everything else is just dramatic effects that really don't relate to what this team will or won't do on the field this year.

I am all for starting Tannehill when the staff thinks he is ready and can handle it. Trying to come to conclusions from a HBO TV show is a waste of time.

Agreed on both points. When it comes to the media, sensationalism sells.

There will either be some (the jest) or they will create it (editing how Miami's QB's look/perform).

He look pretty good on that board, I'm just saying…

Vontae disgusted me. Even moreso when the narrator pointed out that he was gassed. He looked gassed to and he was (along with the rest of the defense) was gassed in the first game last year. He's a total deusch for allowing this to happen two years in a row and if he doesnt get better I do not want to see him on the field, as a starter anyway.

He's a total German? (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

The difference between Newton and Tannehill is that Newton had no talent behind him to threaten his starting position, Clausen sucked in training camp last year and I doubt Derek Anderson was even in consideration for it.

Garrard and Moore are both playing well in their chances in camp, and even though Tannehill is also playing well he still has to earn the starting position and right now Garrard is winning the QB battle.

Our team finished 6-10 after starting the year our 0-6, if we win even half of those games we finish 9-7 and have a chance at a wildcard spot. Who knows how our team will do with this new offense? Our defense took a step down after Vontae couldn't stay healthy, Sean Smith sucked, and our LBers were just plain out of shape. I'd like to see what our team looks like this year with the best players available playing. Who knows if we have a '08 Pennington like seeason, worst that happens is we bring in Tannehill mid-season when he's seen some actual NFL games.

it was the first week back at camp. It takes a few weeks to get into NFL shape. Half the nfl looks old and slow week 1 of camp dude

I'm not going to be too hard on Vontae just yet. It's only the first week of training camp, it's Miami heat, AND Philbin and staff are running an uptempo practice with more plays than ever seen by these guys. I would expect most guys to be a bit winded. Plus, if we hadn't heard about Marshall challenging Vontae for 1st team reps, this would probably be a non-issue on here. The coaches told him he needs to step up, so let's see if he does. Now if he's still gassed a few weeks into camp and no one else is.....well then i'll get on board with the bashing.

Was hoping for quality observations of little things we might've missed.

Sadly, got none of that ..... just more conjecture.

Back
Top Bottom