Rewatched Episode 1 and new interesting things stood out for me this time around. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rewatched Episode 1 and new interesting things stood out for me this time around.

yeah i didn't get much out of that either to be honest...

For example .... even though Garrard is listed as the early #1 on the depth chart, I didn't catch a comment Mike Pouncey made until my second viewing. It was when Odrick hit Matt Moore during a drill. The O-line gets on him about it as he apologizes and Pouncey tells him, "You know you just hit our starting quarterback right?"

Just little stuff like that I was expecting. You see anything that hasn't been mentioned yet?

that line from pouncey about moore though was in like day 2 of practice...tanny wasn't there and garrard was fresh off the boat...the qbs coach said that moore had the players respect off last year so i'd expect them to say something like that off last season...i wouldn't read anything into it though going forward...

as for anything on the field i might have gotten the video of the on field play was so cut and choppy and changed so fast hard to tell anything...the one thing that really stood out to me though the ball was on the ground WAY WAY too damn much and there was WAY WAY too many damn drops...both of which have been backed up by the practice reports...ball security looks like crap

The main issue with vontae being out of shape and gassed is that he should be arriving at camp in good shape..not with a beer belly and a cigar stain on his lips. The guy is supposed to be pro athlete.

Insightful...David Garrard the career backup up who started in Jax for 5 1/2 years having 73 starts from 2005-2010.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say you were a Tannehill fan and Garrard/Moore hater before you even watched Hard Knocks?

excuse me for callin it like it is.

Your review is lopsided and biased At the end of you post where you mentionned Cam Newton.... I will finish your sentence as well: If Newton can start as a rookie than Tannehill can start as well.......

It is crystal clear that Garrard has outplayed both Moore and Tannehill. Your statement about him being tired, old is nonsense..

It is obvious that you are a Tannenill supporter... I am too.. But the coaches know more than the 2 of us..

not true at all. I am miami dolphin supporter, not just 1 player, i think tannenhill is the best of the 3 and gives us the best chance to win, dont know where this bias stuff is coming from but your entitled to your opinion..

I really liked how this new staff has the team working at a much faster pace

The difference between Newton and Tannehill is that Newton had no talent behind him to threaten his starting position, Clausen sucked in training camp last year and I doubt Derek Anderson was even in consideration for it.

Garrard and Moore are both playing well in their chances in camp, and even though Tannehill is also playing well he still has to earn the starting position and right now Garrard is winning the QB battle.

Our team finished 6-10 after starting the year our 0-6, if we win even half of those games we finish 9-7 and have a chance at a wildcard spot. Who knows how our team will do with this new offense? Our defense took a step down after Vontae couldn't stay healthy, Sean Smith sucked, and our LBers were just plain out of shape. I'd like to see what our team looks like this year with the best players available playing. Who knows if we have a '08 Pennington like seeason, worst that happens is we bring in Tannehill mid-season when he's seen some actual NFL games.

Disagree, garrard and moore hasnt impressed me at all.

The quarterbacks
- Garrard, looks old and slow, fatigued constantly, struggling to keep up out there. As our #1 qb i would like for him to have better chemistry with our 1's and i just dont see it.
-Moore, Clumsy, fumbling as usual.
-Tannenill, Looks comfortable out there, accurate, has great velocity on his throws, and super athletic. I dont know what it is but as soon as tannenhill comes out on to the field its like everybody is a little more excited with him out there because he is hopefully going to be the new face of this franchise soon. In my opinion there is no doubt tannenhill is the best qb and the best chance of success for this team this year but clearly philbin wants him to win the job, which is why garrard is listed as the #1. Philbin wants him to earn it, and not just hand him the keys to the vehicle. When you earn that brand new car, you take better care of it, you value it more, you feel like its yours because you earned it. If someone just gives u a new car, you have a different way of looking at it and dont value it as much. Overall, philbin has a plan for tannehill and its going to work it self out in preseason. Some other franchises around the league are just giving the keys to there 1st rd qbs because they were 1st round picks and i am glad thats not how philbin is doing it.

Running backs
Bush- Hes gotta protect that football better, vontae didnt even try to strip him and that ball came out easily. It was just a wrap up and bush easily fumbled it. Didnt see much of him yet so cant say much.
Havent seen DT, or miller yet.

CB
Vontae- a little outta shape but i think part of this is because of bad habits from our previous regime. I think he will be fine and is still our most valuable Defender.
Sean smith- havent seen him, anyone heard anything?

Mike sherman seems to be philbins right hand man, which is great because sherman has head coaching experience and philbin doesnt.

Overall garrard and moore are a waste of a season, tannehill has to be the guy. Cam newton started for the panthers, why cant tannehill?

Maybe it was the adrenalizing music in the background to pump up the excitement of the long awaited arrival of the young gunslinger.

How could you possibly tell those things from that show. they never showed a single full field view of a play. They showed close ups of the qbs rolling out of the pocket mostly with coverage breaking down around them. 90% of the balls thrown it wasnt even shown who threw them. Id say a little over analysis if you ask me. Its a tv show not game film.

Back
Top Bottom