Rewatched Episode 1 and new interesting things stood out for me this time around. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rewatched Episode 1 and new interesting things stood out for me this time around.

I watched it for the first time last night. I thought it was just fantastic to see behind the scenes with the Dolphins. Thoroughly enjoyed the episode and didn't want it to end. The only thing I didn't like was that stupid fan saying that Tannehill will takes to the super bowl in 2 years, ffs shut up, the jests and pats would have been laughing their socks off at that.
I thought the team and coaches came over pretty good, so cruel on the guy they cut before training camp begun and VD embarrased himself a little but Chad was freakin awesome, love the guy already.

i rewatched it last night and what i caught the second time around that was intresting... When they were practicing and the defensive player (think it might have been odrick, not sure) came thru the line and touched Matt Moore and everyone was yelling at him. the next part showed two of the offensive lineman (think it was long and richie Icognitio) telling him that was the starting Qb and they were going to need him. Not sure if everyone is buying into Garrard. maybe i am reading in to it too much. Also didnt care for garrard yelling that tannehill was the peoples choice, it seemed not professional or team like in a way. again just my own opionions

I watched it again and noticed a pretty cool shot. I happens pretty quick, but the camera is zoomed in on Ryan lacing up his cleats. The background is out of focus. Then the background slowly becomes focused and you see a picture of Marino with his arms up in the air after throwing a TD. Pretty cool.

i rewatched it last night and what i caught the second time around that was intresting... When they were practicing and the defensive player (think it might have been odrick, not sure) came thru the line and touched Matt Moore and everyone was yelling at him. the next part showed two of the offensive lineman (think it was long and richie Icognitio) telling him that was the starting Qb and they were going to need him. Not sure if everyone is buying into Garrard. maybe i am reading in to it too much. Also didnt care for garrard yelling that tannehill was the peoples choice, it seemed not professional or team like in a way. again just my own opionions

Have you ever been in a locker room of any sort? As far as anyone naming a starting QB it will not be an Offensive lineman. This is week one people week one week one week one week one.

I will wait to see what happens on the field starting Friday night instead of Hard Knocks in terms of formulating my opinion.

Why must we play the "blame hbo" game?? tannenhill is a a top 10 1st round pick, garrard and moore are career backs up, why is it so impossible that he is just that much better than them? 2+2 = 4, its not rocket science.

Uh, Garrad has won playoff games and was a Pro Bowler two years ago...just sayin'

I will wait to see what happens on the field starting Friday night instead of Hard Knocks in terms of formulating my opinion.

This. The show was definitely entertaining but you really couldn't ascertain any type of real knowledge of player's progress from what I saw. It did look like Philbin and the coaches had a lot better handle on practice than the Meatball and it just seemed like the team was playing better overall. However, that could be straight-up Homer Goggles that I had on!

I also was quite sure that Vontae was really gassed and out of shape, that wasn't creative editing. He had better get his act together or he will be gone, this staff doesn't seem to be screwing around.

Why must we play the "blame hbo" game?? tannenhill is a a top 10 1st round pick, garrard and moore are career backs up, why is it so impossible that he is just that much better than them? 2+2 = 4, its not rocket science.

career back up with over 70 wins? seriously?

Yeah, I dont' get the hate against Garrard.

So far:

1) He's "old". Well, so is Peyton Manning (36) and *everyone* wanted him here. Both also coming from serious injury. I'm not comparing their quality of play, but then neither is this argument... Also, have you not seen the success older QBs are having nowadays? With the new "emphasis" on keeping them safe, the advent of spread offenses, and the overall crippling of defensive players by the rulebook, age isn't as much an issue anymore.

2) He's "selfish". Not only is there *zero* evidence of this from his teammates and coaches - you know, the people who actually *know* him - but the theory that he "shut down" after getting his deal is complete BS. Yes, Garrard and the Jaguard passing offense did decline substantially - both in standard stats (350/2442, 18/3 TD/INT, 64.4% completion versus 581/3459, 15/11, 63%) and advanced stats (7th in DYAR, 3rd in DVOA versus 15th and 17th). But ponder this bit, from 2008:

"The most injured offensive line belongs to the Jacksonville Jaguars, who saw long-term injuries to Brad Meester, Maurice Williams, and Vince Manuwai en route to 36.2 [adjusted games lost]".

That's right - the Jaguars were the most affected team from injuries to their OL that year. Hell, MJD had 62 receptions that year - just 3 shy from leading his team.

They guy might not be Tom Brady, but he can be 2008 Chad Pennington - a veteran that can take control of the team while the rookie grows. The situations are similar: we're up against a weak schedule (at least as it stands right now), and the team wasn't as bad as its record last year.

Frankly, I don't care *who* starts, but I fail to see why Garrard would be such a lousy choice.

as a dolphin fan it was very entertaining from start to finish. I really liked HBO's presentation. I also have the feeling that HBO is working with the Dolphins on trying to generate story lines like Les Brown...... he's almost guarenteed to last until final cuts

my Gerard versus Moore observation - Gerard seems much more confident in himself and knows where he stands when compared to Moore. Tannehill is just young, strong and confident - he hasn't experienced turmoil yet.

This has never been a successful formula of just putting a player in to play b/c they were a top 10 1st round pick. Even Peyton sucked his first year (at least TD/INT ratio) and even in to year two. Also, if he is the FUTURE of the franchise; Philbin is doing it right by making him earn the spot. So far I think he is doing everything right but if the coaching staff feels he can't handle the speed of the NFL right out of the gate, i fully trust them to make a decision of what is best for the team (which in turn is the best decision for us fans too)

69 games in 6 years is a good enough sample size. Let's not act like he's Ryan Leaf

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

The quarterbacks
- Garrard, looks old and slow, fatigued constantly, struggling to keep up out there. As our #1 qb i would like for him to have better chemistry with our 1's and i just dont see it.

You saw the show twice and that's your opinion? IIRC, they showed Garrard throw no more than 8-10 times. Did you watch a different show than me?

This has never been a successful formula of just putting a player in to play b/c they were a top 10 1st round pick. Even Peyton sucked his first year (at least TD/INT ratio) and even in to year two. Also, if he is the FUTURE of the franchise; Philbin is doing it right by making him earn the spot. So far I think he is doing everything right but if the coaching staff feels he can't handle the speed of the NFL right out of the gate, i fully trust them to make a decision of what is best for the team (which in turn is the best decision for us fans too)

tell that to cam newton.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Yeah, I dont' get the hate against Garrard.

So far:

1) He's "old". Well, so is Peyton Manning (36) and *everyone* wanted him here. Both also coming from serious injury. I'm not comparing their quality of play, but then neither is this argument... Also, have you not seen the success older QBs are having nowadays? With the new "emphasis" on keeping them safe, the advent of spread offenses, and the overall crippling of defensive players by the rulebook, age isn't as much an issue anymore.

2) He's "selfish". Not only is there *zero* evidence of this from his teammates and coaches - you know, the people who actually *know* him - but the theory that he "shut down" after getting his deal is complete BS. Yes, Garrard and the Jaguard passing offense did decline substantially - both in standard stats (350/2442, 18/3 TD/INT, 64.4% completion versus 581/3459, 15/11, 63%) and advanced stats (7th in DYAR, 3rd in DVOA versus 15th and 17th). But ponder this bit, from 2008:

"The most injured offensive line belongs to the Jacksonville Jaguars, who saw long-term injuries to Brad Meester, Maurice Williams, and Vince Manuwai en route to 36.2 [adjusted games lost]".

That's right - the Jaguars were the most affected team from injuries to their OL that year. Hell, MJD had 62 receptions that year - just 3 shy from leading his team.

They guy might not be Tom Brady, but he can be 2008 Chad Pennington - a veteran that can take control of the team while the rookie grows. The situations are similar: we're up against a weak schedule (at least as it stands right now), and the team wasn't as bad as its record last year.

Frankly, I don't care *who* starts, but I fail to see why Garrard would be such a lousy choice.

i dont know if im reading this right but did u just compare peyton manning to david garrard lol????

Back
Top Bottom