Rex Ryan believes Jets should be favorites to win it all | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan believes Jets should be favorites to win it all

I was agreeing with a good 80-90% of this thread until I read that the jets were handed nothing and earned a playoff spot. this could be the most dimented statement I have read/heard in some time.

#1 Reason to love Rex Ryan - Bitter Rivals hate him. He must be doing something right.

Who cares. He should think the Jets are going to win it all... I'm sure last year Sparano and the team thought they were going to win it all. There's nothing wrong with showing confidence in your team.

Thank you. I heard the PC. They brought up the fact that they were huge underdogs to him. What should he say? "Oh yeah that seems right, I mean there is no way we could beat teams like the Colts and Chargers". Why would he say that?

He probably should have just avoided the question altogether but I dont really have a problem with him saying he thinks his team should be favorite.

I was agreeing with a good 80-90% of this thread until I read that the jets were handed nothing and earned a playoff spot. this could be the most dimented statement I have read/heard in some time.
That would be said by me.

You said nothing to backup why you think I'm wrong...

Thank you. I heard the PC. They brought up the fact that they were huge underdogs to him. What should he say? "Oh yeah that seems right, I mean there is no way we could beat teams like the Colts and Chargers". Why would he say that?

He probably should have just avoided the question altogether but I dont really have a problem with him saying he thinks his team should be favorite.
All he said was that he felt like his team should and could win the superbowl. He's not going to go out and say "We don't even have a shot, so we're just enjoying the party while it lasts"

I don't like Rex, but what he said is what you would expect from an NFL coach.

All he said was that he felt like his team should and could win the superbowl. He's not going to go out and say "We don't even have a shot, so we're just enjoying the party while it lasts"

I don't like Rex, but what he said is what you would expect from an NFL coach.

That's true but he's a lightning rod at this point and anything he says like that will be taken like he is guaranteeing we'll win the SB. I love the guy and I want him to be himself but sometimes he gets a little nuts.

hahahaha. what a doofus!!!!!
I can't wait till they get embarrassed and we can watch him cry twice in the same season.

That's true but he's a lightning rod at this point and anything he says like that will be taken like he is guaranteeing we'll win the SB. I love the guy and I want him to be himself but sometimes he gets a little nuts.
Yes, but there is nothing wrong with the statement he made. Not sure why everyone is making a big deal out of it.

ahhaha so no I'm going to be called a "fake fan" because I don't get pissed about stuff that I have no control over. I don't like it that Miami isn't in the playoffs and the Jets are, but there is no fluke. The Jet's won the games they had to, and that's the bottom line. Miami didn't. Otherwise, we would be in their shoes right now.

If matt schaub and ben roth got pulled, we would be in their shoes right now.

If matt schaub and ben roth got pulled, we would be in their shoes right now.

Really? Carson palmer was pulled when we were up 27-0 so if you were up 27-0 on those guys and they got pulled you'd have a point.

Say what you want about Ryan, but he does know how to fire up his team and these guys love playing for him. Sounds like his players would run through a brick wall for him, every week. Isn't that what you want your coach to get out of his players? 110%?

I stumbled on a link to the ridiculous thread about how it was actually bad for the Jets to make the playoffs and have been following a couple of threads this week.

The Jets earned a playoff spot that the fins choked away. They were handed nothing.

If by earned you mean walked passed teams that lay down. :crazy:

Yes the Fins didn't capitalize, but then again the Fins played against teams all gunning for the playoff spot. Luck of the draw at the end of the schedule is all that is. Jets are not better than the Fins, or any more deserving. They lucked out, plain and simple.

Yes, you are in the playoffs, good for you, you guys get to watch your team for one more week, that's a bonus that us Miami fans would have liked to have. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter.

-PS got to love all these Jets fans that showed up after the Jets got into the playoffs that weren't here before. Too busy sobbing over their first round bust and blubbering disgrace of a coach I suppose. What convenient timing Jets fans.

I get the feeling that Rex's absurd mood swings are gonna get old by midseason next year. After the Falcons loss he literally said the Jets weren't going to playoffs. Now they're the best team in the tournament? His act isn't going to work forever.

Really? Carson palmer was pulled when we were up 27-0 so if you were up 27-0 on those guys and they got pulled you'd have a point.

Look bro, bottom line is you wouldnt beat manning had he played 60 minutes. Every nfl fan realizes that. Rex said himself his christmas list was to have Indy pull their starters. They werent in a must win game. Same with the bengals. You think they were giving it 100%? yeah, the win was big, but do you really think they would rather see NE, or Pit or Bal in the first round? If you believe that youre stupid. The bengals knew what they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom