rickey trade is so close now, check out link... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rickey trade is so close now, check out link...

sounds more like the Saints who are waiting than the Fins :rolleyes:

Talks heating up over Ricky Williams' future

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Saints and Dolphins continue to discuss a possible Rickey Williams trade, but the Cleveland Browns have also jumped into the derby.

Williams

The Browns have offered the 17th pick in the NFL Draft, plus another draft pick, for Williams.

The Dolphins and Saints negotiated all day Monday with a variety of proposals involving draft picks. Miami is believed to have made a final offer.

Prior to Monday, the Dolphins were willing to give up the 25th pick in the draft for Williams, plus a third-round choice this year provided they received a second-round choice back from New Orleans. New Orleans' counter was to have a first- and third-round choice or a first-rounder this year and a third-rounder in 2003. That third-rounder would upgrade to a second if Williams gained 1,300 yards for the Dolphins.

The Dolphins confirmed there are no players being offered in the deal. If they can't acquire Williams, Miami will bring in running backs Garrison Hearst and Warrick Dunn later this week for visits.

The Dolphins don't want to give up first- and third-round choices this year because they don't have a second-round choice.

We might have blown this deal! This can turn out to be a huge blunder on our part if we don't have a running game this year.:yell: :mad: :yell:

My stomach's turning.

Also, ESPN has reported that OLIN KREUTZ is flying into Miami from Hawaii on Tuesday to discuss that 6-year, $25 million contract.

Looks like it's gonna happen.

I'm going to be one unhappy...........

'phin fan if Rick and Dave blow this deal. A great,game breaking running back is within our grasp! This is pissing me off. Dave and Rick should give the saints our 1st,and 3rd next year(possibly a 2nd if Ricky were to rush for over 1,300 yds) in a heartbeat! They're really starting to piss me off!:yell:

:monkey: Rick Spielman and Dave Wannstedt for they're lack of aggresiveness.

Tune In To Espn!!!!!!!!!

In the opening one of the highlights was

Ricky is on the move to restore another broken down running game!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, they said a deal should be done by Friday, but Clayton has reported the the Browns have jumped back into the mix. I think they're(Cle) is f'in with us.

ESPN is reporting (just saw it on Sportcenter) that a deal should be done by Friday. Right now it is expected to be something like RW for a first rounder this year and a third in 2003.

Completely disagree

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
:monkey: Rick Spielman and Dave Wannstedt for they're lack of aggresiveness.

Completely disagree. Lack of aggressiveness?? In the last three days, we've offering Kreutz the biggest contract ever for a center. We've got former All-Pro Leon Searcy coming in for a visit...at GUARD. We've signed a stud in DT Larry Chester. We've made contact with Garrison Hearst, Warrick Dunn, Duce Staley, Fred Taylor, Corey Chavous, Victor Green, and Chuckie Neworskie. And those are just some of the players we KNOW about.

All of that in past three days. Not only that, but we were the only team to bring our entire brass to Indy and set up shop for free agency.

I'd say we've been VERY aggressive.

But this Ricky Williams business.....you're failing to see what's happened. NO's initial demands were no less than two #1's. Or a #1, a #3, and Patrick Surtain. We've now got them down to a #1 and a #2/3 NEXT YEAR. But IMO, the SAINTS are the one's being stupid.

We were ready to give them a #1 and a #3 THIS YEAR for Ricky and their #2. That would give them two #1's and two #3's THIS YEAR. That's a fair deal. That's more than Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin commanded. Plus, NO doesn't have a transition tag. But they're trying to act like they have one anyway. Tisk. Tisk.

We'll see what happens.

Could be. They ARE an AFC team. And if we're the only team in the running, they might as well get us to give up as many picks as the can. That might be their thinking.

Back
Top Bottom