rickey trade is so close now, check out link... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rickey trade is so close now, check out link...

Hey what's with the attitude here folk? Mellow out.

Denny if you have info, always bring a link to back it up.

I'm mellow man, I just want some cheesecake. I've been sittin here in Denny's for the last 40 minutes waitin for it. After that I'll take off, but don't be pissed if the tip sucks.

Everybody quit harrassing the guy, he's right. Here's the link:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0304/1345217.html
Hopefully it's a smoke screen but if not, I'm not sure why the Saints would pass up #17 for #25, it just doesn't make sense. Perhaps the missing link here is (and this is just pure speculation so don't jump down my throat), with the #17 pick there isn't anyone that the Saints would really need. The article doesn't say what the other pick it but if it's a low round pick then maybe the 'Fins have the upper hand with two higher round picks.

No one really knows what's going on inside the mind of Mueller at this point but hopefully it has something to do with sending Williams to the 'Fins.

YEAH, BUT I BET SINCE BUTCH DAVIS DIDN'T WANT TO EVEN GIVE UP A FIRST ROUND PICK, HE WON'T GIVE UP MORE THAN WHAT WE WILL FOR RICKY WILLIAMS!

I Object...

Originally posted by Muck
True. Who's to say that Duce Staley running behind Levi Jones and Olin Kreutz wouldn't be effective. Or Deshaun Foster. Who knows what's gonna happen.

...to the Duce Staley thing anyway. Please, Please, Please, Please, Mr. Wannstedt and gracious Mr. Speilman don't pursue this Duce thing any further; it's madness.:evil:

Originally posted by Expo88
Everybody quit harrassing the guy, he's right. Here's the link:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0304/1345217.html
Hopefully it's a smoke screen but if not, I'm not sure why the Saints would pass up #17 for #25, it just doesn't make sense. Perhaps the missing link here is (and this is just pure speculation so don't jump down my throat), with the #17 pick there isn't anyone that the Saints would really need. The article doesn't say what the other pick it but if it's a low round pick then maybe the 'Fins have the upper hand with two higher round picks.

No one really knows what's going on inside the mind of Mueller at this point but hopefully it has something to do with sending Williams to the 'Fins.

Because A) John Clayton is routinely wrong. B) He doesn't know the "other" pick they are offering, so chances are he could be wrong about the 1st round pick since Butch has been saying all week he won't trade a 1st. That mysterious 2nd pick Butch is offering could be a 4th/5th rounder. Considering how the phins have been aggressive lately they could end up making a package of this years 1st next years 3rd (with the trade up to 2nd if he assumes so many yards) and maybe a 4th this year or next.

Denny is wrong because he said Ricky WAS in cleveland. When in fact he isn't. Got to stick to the facts around here.

Yes, but Denny came back and apologized saying Cleveland made the offer, not signed.

Everyone blows it once in awhile.

Van, he did say that but he did correct himself so cut the guy a break, we all screw up. :eek:

Originally posted by inFINSible

Where'd you see that Muck?

InFINS, KFFL is reporting that Chester will sign tomorrow. They are finializing a 5 year deal right now.

whether or not davis is offering an unspecified pick is irrelevant...if they TRULY are offering a #1 plus kevin johnson(who will be an impact reciever in this league for years), that's better than anything we are offering. i must agree w/ van on this one though. john clayton is a joke. hell, anybody on these boards has better sources than that pencilneck.

Thanks 87 I see it.
I did notice that it said that John Clayton was reporting that story, from what I am reading in another thread here, some people have some doubts about his sources. I don't know. It was Just something I noticed.

do we really need to bring in Dunn?

Is he any better/worse than Minor? I just can't see what an improvement he can make. (If RW dosen't end up in Miami)

Browns Stepping Up

I found this on a website for the Browns from Insiders.com.

BROWNS CLOSING IN ON WILLIAMS?
By Lane Adkins and John Taylor
Date: Mar 4, 2002

Browns close in on Williams?
Browns also talk with Patriots about wide receiver Terry Glenn, AGAIN

The Insiders have learned that the Browns have offered the New Orleans Saints their first round draft selection in the 2002 NFL Draft, and a possible third round selection in the 2003 NFL Draft for Williams.

UPDATE: 5:59 p.m. In the middle of last week, the Browns, as an organization, made a decision that their first-round pick in the 2002 draft would not be used as bait to lure Ricky Williams to Cleveland.

However, a chain of events has led the Browns to reevaluate their stance and put the first-rounder back on the bargaining table, thereby solidifying their stance as the #1 contenders in the Ricky Derby, The Insiders have learned.

Basically, there were three factors that led to Cleveland's about-face.

One, early feelers put out to the people around Garrison Hearst brought back information that the free-agent running back may be looking to score more signing bonus jack than the Browns were comfortable with, especially considering the devastating ankle injury suffered by Hearst three years ago.

Second, the running backs at the Combine did little to blow the Browns' brass away, not only on the track but, more importantly, off it.

Third, and most importantly, head coach Butch Davis ultimately decided that Williams was indeed the best available choice at the running back position and decided to go balls-to-the-wall in attempting to obtain the three-year veteran's services.

As they have been the last month, the Browns are currently the frontrunners for Williams.

The major sticking point in the negotiations between the Browns and the Saints are two-fold: One, Cleveland wants the conditional pick in next year's draft to be a fourth-rounder that could turn into a third-rounder based on Williams' 2002 on-the-field performance, while New Orleans wants a third-rounder that could become a second-rounder.

The two sides are also squabbling over the performance triggers themselves, with the Browns wanting the bar set at 1,250 yards and 13 touchdowns, while the Saints are seeking a level of 1,200 yards and eight touchdowns.

That being said, one Browns source tells The Insiders that "neither of those two issues will likely be deal-breakers."

"Likely" is the key word, however. As with any negotiation, until the ink is on the paper, nothing is official.

UPDATE: 5:14pm. The Insiders have now learned from a source in Miami that the Dolphins are in talks with the Saints at this time.

UPDATE 5:22pm. The Insiders have learned that the Browns have offered their first-round selection in the 2002 NFL Draft as well as a contingent draft selection based on Williams' production in the 2002 season.

UPDATE 5:40pm. The Insiders have learned that the Miami Dolphins are in the process of making their final offer to the Saints. The word is that Williams wants his contract re-done in any deal.

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Back
Top Bottom