rickey trade is so close now, check out link... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rickey trade is so close now, check out link...

Muck...............

Originally posted by Muck

Completely disagree. Lack of aggressiveness?? In the last three days, we've offering Kreutz the biggest contract ever for a center. We've got former All-Pro Leon Searcy coming in for a visit...at GUARD. We've signed a stud in DT Larry Chester. We've made contact with Garrison Hearst, Warrick Dunn, Duce Staley, Fred Taylor, Corey Chavous, Victor Green, and Chuckie Neworskie. And those are just some of the players we KNOW about.

All of that in past three days. Not only that, but we were the only team to bring our entire brass to Indy and set up shop for free agency.

I'd say we've been VERY aggressive.

But this Ricky Williams business.....you're failing to see what's happened. NO's initial demands were no less than two #1's. Or a #1, a #3, and Patrick Surtain. We've now got them down to a #1 and a #2/3 NEXT YEAR. But IMO, the SAINTS are the one's being stupid.

We were ready to give them a #1 and a #3 THIS YEAR for Ricky and their #2. That would give them two #1's and two #3's THIS YEAR. That's a fair deal. That's more than Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin commanded. Plus, NO doesn't have a transition tag. But they're trying to act like they have one anyway. Tisk. Tisk.

We'll see what happens.

You're right. I'd like to retract that statement. I posted that before I heard the news about Kreutz, Chester,etc. I just really believe we need to get Ricky and I'm impatient.:cool:

I could be wrong but i thought Ricky had the right to refuse a trade if that is so there is no way he would agree to go to cleavland.

Cleveland wants Ricky Williams, AND........

they want all these people:

Cris Carter
Robert Griffith
Kailee Wong
Oliver Moss
Lional Dalton
Kenard Lang
La Roi Glover
Garrison Hearst

AND THEY WANT RICKY WILLIAMS?!?!? They are only 6.7 Million under the cap and they are bringing in all these people for visits?!?! There is no way they could afford half of these people and R. Williams unless they release a bunch of people.

I WANT RICKY WILLIAMS!!!!!

That article was written early this morning. A lot has happened in today.

They wouldnt put that in a rookie's contract. He's only been in the league 3 years.

He was still wrong anyways which is why he needs to post proof.

As far as ESPN is concerned here they only offered a 1st rounder and an unspecified pick. Until I hear otherwise in an official site (and even they post wrong info about trades and signings :lol: ) I don't want to hear someone passing on rumors.

Also if you notice the times on the posts I was writing my post before he even posted the correction so ;)

Just wanted to point out your signature Aqua:

This message is for Dave Wannstedt and Rick Spielman. To advance in the playoffs and become a super bowl contender, you've got to take a risk here and there. You guys are wasting a talented defense by not signing/trading for that one key player that can take our 'phins to the promised land.

Absolutely no such thing.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Just wanted to point out your signature Aqua:

Absolutely no such thing.

If you're talking about the "Promised Land," I beg to differ. The proverbial "Promised Land" spoke of here is very real and exists in but one event: a Super Bowl victory. Once a team holds aloft that elusive Lombardi Trophy then they have found the keys to the gate of the NFL Promised Land. It doesn't last very long but it is there, "promised" to any team that can sustain a run to the end. Now it's time to hope the 'Fins can do just that.:p

The final offer

...the Dolphins have apparently offered our 1st and 4th this year, as well as a conditional 3rd next for Williams and the Saints 3rd this year. The conditional 3rd next year could trun into 1st if all goes well.

This according to several sources. I think it shows that the recruiting team have the desire to land RW and he will no doubt be impressed with the fact that Kreutz is being given a major league offer.

There is speculation that these moves will make us favourites for a run at the Superbowl. My personal view if that if it all comes off we will be contenders:D We should know by the end of the week according to Spiel. I'm on tenterhooks. The prospect is dazzling:p

Re: The final offer

Originally posted by GazPhin
...the Dolphins have apparently offered our 1st and 4th this year, as well as a conditional 3rd next for Williams and the Saints 3rd this year. The conditional 3rd next year could trun into 1st if all goes well.

We should not trade away our 1st (from next year). For the one millionith time, next year's draft will filled with a lot of talent, especially at QB.

Re: Re: The final offer

Originally posted by booyeah_
We should not trade away our 1st (from next year). For the one millionith time, next year's draft will filled with a lot of talent, especially at QB.
if Ricky can run for 1800 yards as I think w/b required for them to get a #1, then Jay will be starting in the Pro Bowl. :D , i.e. anybody can QB a team w/an 1800 yard rusher.

Re: Re: Re: The final offer

Originally posted by dolphan39
if Ricky can run for 1800 yards as I think w/b required for them to get a #1, then Jay will be starting in the Pro Bowl. :D , i.e. anybody can QB a team w/an 1800 yard rusher.

Even if Jay magically transforms into an All Pro QB, we still need a young talent to take over in 1-2 years.

Leftwich!

Back
Top Bottom