Ricky Has No Real Desire | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Has No Real Desire

shouright said:
http://www.finheaven.com/

Sure sounds like he still thinks football is "the enemy" to me. But then how could it not be when you have a social anxiety disorder and football puts you in the national spotlight? Ricky and pro football is like putting a square peg in a round hole.

I think there's a big difference in what his role will be now, compared to dipstick Wanny putting the whole franchise on his shoulders. It will definitely be difficult for him because he can't escape the spotlight based on his flakey actions, but at least from a football point of view, he won't be asked or expected to carry the whole team.
If he can get past the initial media circus, he might be able to fade into a quiet role-player type position to spell Ronnie Brown and as a change up or decoy on short yardage plays.

Needless to say, Nick should have it structured that the first screw up, drug issue, distraction, etc., he's gone and we move on.

TooDrkPark said:
well geez I wonder why he's feeling that way...He feels like this because of all of this..this message board, the media and the fans. They all have been taking their stabs at him and calling him names and hating him. It's not like he was given a welcome mat when he mentioned about coming back. Once he retired last year..tons of fans called him a loser, a quiter and calling him worse things...F.U. Ricky...you know who you are that called him this.. This over his MISTAKE to leave football early...A MISTAKE people...like as if anyone in this world is perfect. Get a clue. People react without thinking of the consequences and thus leads to this now. Even though RW wants to return to Miami and play football he's not that excited about having to deal with the media. Put yourself in his shoes now and see how you would feel. You would be feeling the same "butterflies" in your stomach and anxiety. To those who still feel against his return...A true dolphins fan would cheer and accept a player who wants to play for this team since it is one of the best teams around the league. It would be an honour to play for this franchise and with the fellow teammates.
Come on man -- Ricky didn't like the spotlight part of football way back in NEW ORLEANS. Christ, the guy did interviews with his HELMET ON.

shouright said:
Come on man -- Ricky didn't like the spotlight part of football way back in NEW ORLEANS. Christ, the guy did interviews with his HELMET ON.

and the wedding dress? :goof:

I really will be surprised if this guy is not trade bait for Saban.

"I am not in Florida," Williams, the once-and-future Miami Dolphins running back, said in an e-mail message Thursday before boarding a plane yesterday for Boston to spend Father's Day weekend with Marley, his 6-year-old daughter.

In a subsequent e-mail message, Williams wrote, "I am where I am, and that puts me away from the media, away from football, away from Florida, at least until July 27."
The reason he is not in Florida is because he can't come back before July 27th without a 1 year suspension. He will still have to serve a 4 game suspension. I think it's ok to spend some time with his child on father's day and I don't really think he's trying to spread the message that he doesn't want to play football.

Nothing really that newsworthy here, except one thing. Leigh Steinberg, considered to be one of the most honest and trustworthy agents in the business (supposedly he is the real Jerry Maguire), told the media he is driving here and then he had to apologize yesterday for Ricky. If his own agent can't control him, then who really can?

I'm just hoping that Ricky will get caught up in the new enthusiam under Saban and get in touch with his natural instincts as a football player.

Really, this is a person that (according to Jim Brown) "really misses the Game". He says his being "away from football" until July 27 like that is a good thing. How bad does he really miss the game? I'm not getting my hopes up too high for a lot of RW production this upcoming season. But I do trust Saban's judgement so hopefully everything turns out for the best of the team.

FemaleFinFan said:
On;y reason he wants to come back is the 8.6 million dollar debt. Its erased if he returns.

Whether or not that is the only reason, I dont care as long as he runs the ball like he did before. I personally think that part of the reason is he really does, at least somewhat, miss the game. You don't do something all your life, leave, and not miss it at all. It's almost impossible.

All Things Considered

Having read all the replies to this thread, Here is my take:He does owe the money and the better he plays when he comes back the better he is going to be able to deal with that part of it. From everything I have heard, adding Ronnie Brown to that is going to be the best chance we have had in years to having 2 RB's in the backfield capable of 1,000 yards apiece in the same season:tongue: Ronnie Brown could be the best "all purpose" back for the dolphins since Tony Nathan. Now that you have defenses watching that, I think you add Chambers, Boston, Booker & McMichael to that mix. What QB would not give his left nut for an offense that potentially potent. Believe me when I tell you with Ricky coming back that moved the ranking of our offense into the TOP 10 by the 8'th game of the year. If that doesn't work, or if he doesn't prove worthy enough to come back. TAKE HIM OUT IN THE PRESEASON. "If you know what I mean". The defense is going to be awesome as always. I really think the secondary will be better because of better presure up front. My biggest concern is at QB. If we are going to pick up one more I would say Blake.;)

What does Ricky going to Boston to spend time with his kid for Father's Day have to do with his desire to play football? You people are really grasping at straws here. One more thing; you people who think he can't or won't gain enough weight in time for the season might look at todays Sun Sentinel. There's an article concerning just that issue. Included are some quotes from the Bengals' strength coach, who says Ricky can easily regain his weight, conditioning, etc.

Dolphan5876 said:
Having read all the replies to this thread, Here is my take:He does owe the money and the better he plays when he comes back the better he is going to be able to deal with that part of it. From everything I have heard, adding Ronnie Brown to that is going to be the best chance we have had in years to having 2 RB's in the backfield capable of 1,000 yards apiece in the same season:tongue: Ronnie Brown could be the best "all purpose" back for the dolphins since Tony Nathan. Now that you have defenses watching that, I think you add Chambers, Boston, Booker & McMichael to that mix. What QB would not give his left nut for an offense that potentially potent. Believe me when I tell you with Ricky coming back that moved the ranking of our offense into the TOP 10 by the 8'th game of the year. If that doesn't work, or if he doesn't prove worthy enough to come back. TAKE HIM OUT IN THE PRESEASON. "If you know what I mean". The defense is going to be awesome as always. I really think the secondary will be better because of better presure up front. My biggest concern is at QB. If we are going to pick up one more I would say Blake.;)

In response to "Ronnie Brown being the best all around back we've had since Tony Nathan" If all goes according to what everyone says, Ronnie Brown ought to smoke Tony Nathan as far as productivity and ability.

SCall13 said:
In response to "Ronnie Brown being the best all around back we've had since Tony Nathan" If all goes according to what everyone says, Ronnie Brown ought to smoke Tony Nathan as far as productivity and ability.
I do agree with you totally, I think his got all the tool to be a good one, however is a little early to predict how good is gonna be, at least until we can see him play.

SCall13 said:
Whether or not that is the only reason, I dont care as long as he runs the ball like he did before. I personally think that part of the reason is he really does, at least somewhat, miss the game. You don't do something all your life, leave, and not miss it at all. It's almost impossible.
MAN I AGREE 100%

Back
Top Bottom