Ricky Has No Real Desire | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Has No Real Desire

shouright said:
http://www.finheaven.com/

Sure sounds like he still thinks football is "the enemy" to me. But then how could it not be when you have a social anxiety disorder and football puts you in the national spotlight? Ricky and pro football is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
I agree. That's why I don't think Ricky should be our #2 running back when/if he comes back. The guy doesn't seem all that interested in playing and I'd rather have Sammie as our #2 because the guy lives and breathes football and busted his arse for this team last year.

His actions will be your evidence.

Be careful to judge his words. I realize his words are focused on more so due to his actions several months ago. However, his actions in the future will dictate his heart. Be careful to analyze too heavily. Remember that anyone of us can say anything and have 10 people interrupt it ten different ways. The way you get beyond all the interpretation is the action that comes with the words.

Lee2000 :)

Fritz27 said:
I agree. That's why I don't think Ricky should be our #2 running back when/if he comes back. The guy doesn't seem all that interested in playing and I'd rather have Sammie as our #2 because the guy lives and breathes football and busted his arse for this team last year.

The problem with that is Sammy is not nearly as talented as R.W. It depends on who produces more. If a half effort by Ricky is better than a full effort by Sam, then you go with Ricky.

He's interested in playing. Otherwise he would not be making all this fus about his nutrition and weight lifting program.

When R.W. puts on the Helmet w/ visor, dons the uniform, and scratches a nice 5-30 y.p.c. under his 2005 stats.. I'm not sure I really care how many total yards he gets, how much debt we write off, what sort of wacky things he says, or odd ways he behaves. It's all about wins and losses after watching every one of those games last season.

Lee2000 said:
Be careful to judge his words. I realize his words are focused on more so due to his actions several months ago. However, his actions in the future will dictate his heart. Be careful to analyze too heavily. Remember that anyone of us can say anything and have 10 people interrupt it ten different ways. The way you get beyond all the interpretation is the action that comes with the words.

Lee2000 :)

Exactly. And his actions have been, what? Jesus, get a clue.

Fritz27 said:

if anything, Gordon would be the 2.....if anthing sammy will be a FB on the depth charts, not a RB if Ricky comes back....unless we keep 4 RBs on the squad.

for the record, i think sammy did all he could last year and deserves a spot with us, just dont think it will b as a RB with us

dolphins1313 said:
The reason he is not in Florida is because he can't come back before July 27th without a 1 year suspension. He will still have to serve a 4 game suspension. I think it's ok to spend some time with his child on father's day and I don't really think he's trying to spread the message that he doesn't want to play football.

His ban from football doesn't ban him from the State of Florida dude. he could be next door to the Fins if he wanted to...

--Ross

Trackstar said:
The problem with that is Sammy is not nearly as talented as R.W. It depends on who produces more. If a half effort by Ricky is better than a full effort by Sam, then you go with Ricky.

He's interested in playing. Otherwise he would not be making all this fus about his nutrition and weight lifting program.
We all know Ricky played half-assed in 2003 and he gave us 3.5 yards per carry behind a line that was superior to the 2004 line that Sammie Morris gave us 4.0 yards per carry behind. I trust Ricky as our #2 RB about as much as I trust Rosie O'Donnell with a thing of cupcakes.

Fritz27 said:
We all know Ricky played half-assed in 2003 and he gave us 3.5 yards per carry behind a line that was superior to the 2004 line that Sammie Morris gave us 4.0 yards per carry behind. I trust Ricky as our #2 RB about as much as I trust Rosie O'Donnell with a thing of cupcakes.

You have to consider that Morris only had 132 attempts last season while Ricky had 392 the year before. It's easier to have a higher YPC average when you run the ball fewer times.

Also, Imo opinion that O-line in 2003-2004 season was not much better than the line Morris ran behind in 2004-2005.

Well, I would personaly love to see him come back and get beaten out for a roster spot by Lamar Gordon and Kay Jay Harris. They have more desire in their 5th distal phalanges than Ricky Williams has in his whole body.

I think Wanny wore out Ricky.The money factor I'm sure plays in there.But look back and it was Ricky left.Ricky Right.Ricky up the middle.Ricky going out for a screen.Now it won't be all Ricky.It will be Ronnie-Ricky-Chambers-McMichael-Booker-Boston.He'll have alot of pressure off his shoulders.Ricky was the offense like Marino was for years.Anyone would get tired of constantly be pretty all Ricky.Chambers was just starting out and McMichael was young.Who else to key on but ricky.I think he'll come back and fit in just easily without all that pressure.

a unidentified scouce told me that the eagles may offer to trade us terrel owens for ricky williams an david boston . I wish I could name my sources but i am impetuous dolphin fan of high moral character so dont frreek out .
by the way does everyone know what today is ?

well i will tell you what today is ! its the first day of vacation i am off to france to shape their minds and to search for some fine looking women. be back in time to straighten you guys out with my sagaious personality , so try not beat this ricky returning thing to death , ok .

mercury 40 said:
by the way does everyone know what today is ?

well i will tell you what today is ! its the first day of vacation i am off to france to shape their minds and to search for some fine looking women. be back in time to straighten you guys out with my sagaious personality , so try not beat this ricky returning thing to death , ok .
okâ„¢

Lets just be glad we have Ronnie Brown so we dont need Ricky to come back. If he comes back fine, hopefully he has a good season and helps us out. If he comes back and sucks or doesnt come back at all we have other options now.

Back
Top Bottom