Ricky Has No Real Desire | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Has No Real Desire

At least Saban doesn't have any emotional attachment to Ricky like Wany did. If Ricky isn't cutting it, don't worry he won't be here.

How can that sound like he has no desire for football. Seems to me that he put his daughter first which is the first good thing i have heard about Ricky since retiring

Maybe it was when he said "I am not in Florida, I am where I am, and that puts me away from the media, away from football, away from Florida, at least until July 27." It's the "away from football" part that has some, including me, thinking he's not exactly chomping at the bit to get back to football. But I don't know, maybe it's me (sarcasm). It has nothing at all to do with whether or not he should spend Father's Day with his daughter.

albyfinfan said:
yeah,... i posted the same thing on another thread here. he sure dosent sound to happy bout comming back. but like i said if hes willing to come in and contribute to the team winning games then welcome.

:yeahthat:

SCall13 said:
Whether or not that is the only reason, I dont care as long as he runs the ball like he did before. I personally think that part of the reason is he really does, at least somewhat, miss the game. You don't do something all your life, leave, and not miss it at all. It's almost impossible.

Well put. :)

late again said:
What does Ricky going to Boston to spend time with his kid for Father's Day have to do with his desire to play football? You people are really grasping at straws here. One more thing; you people who think he can't or won't gain enough weight in time for the season might look at todays Sun Sentinel. There's an article concerning just that issue. Included are some quotes from the Bengals' strength coach, who says Ricky can easily regain his weight, conditioning, etc.
Of course I couldn't hear the intonation of what he said ("away from football..."), but your question really gets at my point here. Why does anybody's hanging out with his kid on Father's Day have anything to do with football, good OR bad? Why use "football" in a pejorative sense when all you're doing is visiting your kid?

My point here is that he said "away from football" as though he's been stuck in it like somebody's been stuck in quicksand. The guy hasn't touched a football in about a year. How can you allude to "football" in a negative sense when you're missing the game?

Dolfan4life! said:
Maybe it was when he said "I am not in Florida, I am where I am, and that puts me away from the media, away from football, away from Florida, at least until July 27." It's the "away from football" part that has some, including me, thinking he's not exactly chomping at the bit to get back to football. But I don't know, maybe it's me (sarcasm). It has nothing at all to do with whether or not he should spend Father's Day with his daughter.
He's putting his family over football and people think he has no desire :confused:

FemaleFinFan said:
On;y reason he wants to come back is the 8.6 million dollar debt. Its erased if he returns.

Bingo ! That spells desire in and of itself.

All he has to do to fulfill his "obligation" is to run into the middle and fall (see his last season). He stays on the team and the debt is written off.

Raekwon The Che said:
He's putting his family over football and people think he has no desire :confused:
I'm sure the rest of the team puts their family ahead of football too, but when they talk about football it doesn't sound like they're talking about a root canal.

This is RW were talking about. Don't put him up on a pedistal because it appears he put his family above football IN THIS INSTANCE. Remember his history. He has continually put himself first, above everything in the past (including his family). Don't get it twisted.

Sauceman said:
When did Ricky refer to football as "the enemy"?

That's were 1/2 the negativity comes from.......people stating things that may or may not be there, but it's their opinion. Then someone else hears it & goes with it, then someone else builds on that, etc.

Miami is holding all the cards here. Ricky is having financial problems and the Dolphins are not dependent on Ricky. If he's coming back it will be at a cap friendly deal with an unwritten "you can keep the $8.6 mill. if you stick around long enough" clause.

If Ricky is not into it, it will show. You don't half *** in the NFL or you will get yourself killed or just cut if your lucky. Ricky will be a hell of a backup and will save wear and tear on Ronnie. If Ronnie is limited to 15-20 rushes per game for a year or two, that may mean another productive year at the end of his career.

Back
Top Bottom